Asus router app connection failed might occur when there is a problem in the WAN connection. If the WAN connection is not connected properly with your router and computer then this error message pop-ups on the screen.
Apart from that, if the firmware of your Asus router gets backdated then this may cause the same problem. Sometimes the IP address creates confliction between your router and your device and users encounter this connection failure.
No matter what the causes are you have to solve this problem from your device to get all the facilities from your Asus router.
Keeping this in the mind we are going to disclose some amazing solutions that are reliable for you. Hence, without thinking twice start to implement the steps carefully and solve the Asus router remote app connection failure issue easily.
Also Read: Asus Router Login
Effective Solutions to Fix Asus Router App Connection Failed
You are going to get some of the effective and quick solutions here, that can help you to fix the Asus router app connection failed problem. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Solution 1 – Check the WAN connection
At first, you have to check the WAN connection whether it is properly connected or not. If not, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Join your wireless router to the DC-IN port and into a power plug.
- Utilizing the network cable, connect your computer to your wireless router’s LAN port.
- Next, use another cable, with which, you have to connect your modem to your wireless router’s WAN port.
- Now, install the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN adapter on your computer.
check if the same error message is still showing up or not.
Solution 2 – Check the IP Address
After connecting the WAN connection if the problem still persists, then you need to check the IP address. To do so, follow the undermentioned steps carefully:
First of all, click on the Start menu to open the menu list. Select the Control Panel. Alternatively, press the Windows key and R key to launch the Run box. Type Control Panel and then hit the Enter button. When the Control Panel window opens, go to the Network and Internet section.
In that section, click on the Network and Sharing Center option and then select the Manage network connections button. Scroll down the page and select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click on the Properties option.
In that section, mark the “Obtain an IP address automatically” or “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically”. Next, click on the OK option to change the settings.
Solution 3 – Restart the Asus Router
If the previous solutions do not help you then you can try this solution to resolve this problem. To do so follow the steps carefully,
- Firstly, press the Power button to turn off the router.
- Wait for a few seconds and then again turn on the router by pressing the Power button.
- After turning on the router, check whether the problem is resolved or not. If not then the problem might be related to the outdated firmware. Hence, update the firmware and check the status of the glitch.
Solution 4 – Update the Firmware
Another solution that you can try to eliminate the Asus Router app Connection Failed problem. Check the steps given below:
- Go to the Asus router login page.
- Type the Username and Password to log in to your account.
- Navigate to the Advanced section and click on it.
- Tap on the Administration option.
- Then, click on the Firmware Update option.
- Next, tap on the Check option. Now your system will check whether the update is available or not.
- If Yes, then click on the Update option.
- Once the update gets completed, install it.
- Finally, restart your router and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
the provided solutions will definitely help you to get rid of the Asus router app connection failed problem. Follow these solutions carefully and go through these steps one-by-one to resolve this problem on your system. If the article is helpful for you then share your valuable feedback with us.