AOL is one of the most popular online service providers. However, despite being a popular one, it is not free from the technical flaws. AOL keeps crashing is one of the most common errors which you can encounter. You might note that abruptly the software stops functioning when you try to send or receive emails. There are various causes behind this error, the prime being corrupted AOL associated files. If you have already faced the issue and want to resolve it, then with the help of this article, you will be able to perform this action on your own. But, before going to that part, now let’s focus on the causes due to which you are getting this error.
Causes of AOL Keeps Crashing Error
Once you notice that, the AOL software has stopped working, then don’t be frustrated. Due to several reasons, you can encounter this particular error. For instance-
- Add ons- You can encounter this kind of errors with your device due activated add ons in your device.
- If you are using a corrupted version of AOL, then also you can face this particular issue on your device.
After knowing the causes, now let’s focus on the solutions to troubleshoot this issue.
Solutions for AOL keeps Crashing Error
In the case of Windows 10:
If you noticed that AOL not responding on Windows 10, then try out these steps:
Solution 1: Run the Troubleshooter
Once you encounter this particular error, then at first, try to Run the troubleshooter, using the steps mentioned below. And then, check if your device is connected with the internet connection while you are trying to perform this action.
- At first, tap on the Windows Start button and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Once done, you have to open the “Troubleshooter” and on the screen, tap on that option.
- At last, tap on the “View All” option.
- Now, go to the “Internet Explorer Performance”.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Once you complete the task, try to check the status of the error. If it persists then, try to follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution 2: Verify Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java
Recently, if you have made any changes in the settings of the browser, then it can happen that, Java applets, ActiveX, and other similar features may have in turn got blocked. In order to resolve this problem, you should try out these steps:
- At first, navigate to the Internet Explorer, as well as, tap on the Tools menu.
- After that, tap on the Internet Options, and locate the Security tab.
- Once done, you have to Reset all Zones to Default Level.
- Now, tap on the OK option in order to apply the changes.
- If you noticed that the Java applet, ActiveX, and Active Scripting are unblocked, then you will be able to resolve this AOL not working error. In that case, if you are unable to notice the Tools menu, then try to press the ALT button to display the menu in the desktop.
Solution 3: Disable Add-ons
Add ons will prevent certain sites to get displayed correctly. In that case, try to run the Internet Explorer without add-ons, as well as, try to check if the particular error persists or not. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, navigate to any browser like Internet Explorer.
- After that, in the Tools icon present in the Menu bar, you have to go to the Add-ons option.
- Once done, try to select all of the Add-ons, as well as, tap on the option named Disable.
After performing these steps, try to check if the error persists or not. If it does, then try to follow the next method mentioned below.
AOL not working in iPhone:
In case, if you noticed that AOL is not responding in your iPhone, then at first, try to login to the AOL account from another device using the two-step verification process. Once you are able to complete the two-step verification process, you have to navigate to the account settings present in the AOL account, as well as, tap on the Manage button.
- Once done, tap on the Manage Followed, which is situated in the ‘Connect Apps’ tab, as well as, tap on the down arrow, in order to create a new application. Now, choose the iOS device and mail.
- After that, tap on the Create and store the password which is received.
- Once done, go to the AOL account using your iPhone, as well as, use the password which is stored.
- After that, you will be able to see whether AOL is working on your iPhone or not.
Resolve AOL not responding issue on Android phone
If you are getting this error to your Android device, then you have to check the server settings using the steps mentioned below.
- At first, navigate to the AOL application using the 2-step verification process.
- After that, check, as well as, set the incoming and outgoing server details on AOL account.
- Once done, tap on the ‘Manual Setup’ option.
- Next, select the IMAP account settings for the incoming emails.
- Set the values as given below:
IMAP Server: imap.AOL.com
- Once done, try to tap on the Next button, as well as, set the server settings for the outgoing server.
In this way, you will be able to resolve this error on your own.
In this article, we have provided a step by step guide using which you will be able to resolve this particular error on your own. If you encounter any kind of glitches, then you can leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.