Facing any reliability issues while working on Airplay using iDevice or Mac as well as Apple TV? Is Airplay lagging behind and starts working after a considerable delay or not working at all? You will get the possible answers to these questions in this article. Airplay helps users to stream wirelessly between those devices where Airplay application is enabled. If you experience the aforementioned issues, it’s time to fix those Airplay Problems. This problem can generate due to either software glitch or due to the server issue. Henceforth, follow this article to know about the effective fixes for Airplay Not Working on Mac issue.
Frequently Faced Problems
You will experience the following problems while using Airplay on Mac.
- You will not be able to see Airplay buttons.
- Not finding the list of devices.
- You can see the streaming but unable to hear the sound and vice versa.
- Poor video quality.
- Not being able to turn-off monitoring.
Please check whether the problem of Airplay Not Working on Mac is fixed or not after performing the below steps:
Verify iOS and Apple TV
- Ensure that the Apple TV is awake.
- You need to update the iOS Software.
- You can update the iPad, iPad touch as well as iPhone without any wireless connection by navigating to the Settings option. Then, move to General option and press ‘Software Update’ option. If you receive any update notification, then go through the process as soon as possible.
- Updating Apple TV
- You may need to update OS software on the Apple TV. Move to the Settings option. Then, under the Settings option, you will find ‘Software Updates’. Then, update the software. If you receive any update notification, follow the on-screen instructions in order to update the Apple TV. Please take into account to turn on ‘Automatic updates’ so that the Apple TV updates are executed automatically. You can do this by moving to the Settings option. Under the Settings tab, go to the ‘System’ and then, press ‘Software Updates’ in order to enable the update automatically.
- Reboot the device.
- Then, restart the Apple TV.
- After that, you need to restart the router. Moreover, you need to update the firmware of the router.
- Reboot the modem.
- Ensure that the Apple TV is connected to the internet properly.
- Then, ensure that both idevices, as well as Apple TV, are connected with the same WiFi network.
- If you don’t hear the audio, ensure that the TV,iPad, or iPhone is not in Silent Mode. Also, make sure the Ring/Silent switch is placed on the left-hand side of the iOS device. Finally, enable the Airplane Mode on the iOS device and disable it after some time.
Verify the Settings for MacOS and Apple TV
Airplay helps you to stream videos from your Mac to your TV. However, to run it seamlessly and to prevent Apple Airplay Not Working on Mac issue follow the below steps
- Firstly, ensure that the Apple TV is on.
- Ensure the Airplay feature works on Mac. To examine this, navigate to Apple Menu. Then, click on System Preferences and then, press Display. Can you see the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”? If you view this, it is assured that Mac supports Airplay.
- Ensure that Mac is connected to the same network just like the Apple TV. Henceforth, move to the Settings option on the Apple TV. Then, click on Network. Press the WiFi icon in the menu bar.
- Then, you need to update Apple TV. To fulfill that purpose, move to Settings option and click on Systems. Then, you need to click on ‘Software Updates’ and finally press ‘Update Software’.
- There may be some issue in Mac’s firewall settings. Move to the Apple menu and click on ‘System Preferences’. Then, navigate to the ‘Security & Privacy’ menu. After that, click on the Firewall tab. Finally, click on the Lock icon in order to make the changes. Then, you need to enter the password. Now, click on Firewall options and uncheck the box entitled ‘Block all incoming connections’. Last but not least, examine ‘Automatically allowed signed software’ to receive incoming connections and press OK.
- If there is inferior quality screen a well as the video, then you need to adjust the display settings on HDTV.
- You need to restart the Apple TV.
- Reboot the Router.
- Now, update the Router. Then, examine the documentation.
- After that, you need to install software updates for Mac. Then, open the Mac App Store and hit the Updates option.
- Finally, turn off the WiFi on the Mac device and then, turn it on again.
Additional Steps Required after Adjusting Mac’s Firewall and Settings
In order to fix Airplay Not Working on Mac issue, some additional steps are required after you adjust the Mac’s Firewall and Settings.
- First of all, you need to shut down the device.
- Then, you need to power up and then, hold the keys in order to reset the NVRAM. Then, hold cmd as well as P and R key at the same time.
- You need to hold the keys for about 20 seconds since the Mac device can restart.
- Moreover, if the Mac plays a startup chime when turned on, you need to release the keys after the second chime.
- When Mac opens, examine the System Preferences. Then, you need to adjust several options in settings such as display resolution, the volume of the sound, selection of startup disk, as well as the time zone based on your preference.
Airplay Without Following Not Working Issue
After upgrading to iOS 11, users can stream Airplay content seamlessly while being on the screen of the Mac device. Before the advent of iOS 11, users can stream the contents of the app using the iPhone or iPad by connecting to a TV. It permits them to use iPhone or iPad just like a second screen. It is an ideal deal if you wish to use some social media platforms alongside watching the video stream on TV.
All the possible fixes for Airplay not working on Mac error is covered in this informative blog. By following the above steps you will get a thorough overview of all the possible fixes and you can easily implement them for seamless functioning of Airplay. Moreover, check the user manual for any urgent issues. Also, you can provide your valuable feedback in the comment section.