Adobe is the pioneers of the efficient handling of PDF. This software is usually used to design and create PDF files, and to print and manage files. However, there are several problems with using Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Adobe Reader Error 129 is one of the general problems that you might face while using Adobe Reader. It’s very irritating to find glitches while using the software on your device. , it’s necessary to know how to solve problems like these. However, first, you have to know the possible causes of this error.
Several causes are there for the occurrence of this issue. This error appears when you are not updating this software. Sometimes, if you are not using the latest version of the Operating System then you can also see this error on your code. Moreover, this error might also occur when you go through the composing any emails or PDF files on your system. When you will unable to open any PDF file, then also you can see this error code on your device. That means any system data is corrupted or there are any other underlying problems on your system. Occasionally, when your system is fully infected by the viruses, then you can also see this bug when using this software. Now you have known the general reasons for this error. Now, this article describes “how to fix Adobe 129 issue on your system?”
Easy Hacks that you can try for fixed Adobe Reader error 129
When you see this error on your screen while using this, at first, close that application. After closing that, wait for few seconds and again open the Adobe application on your system and check if the problem is fixed or not. If the problem is there, then you need to follow the undermentioned solutions that will help you to troubleshoot this issue.
Solution 1 – Restart the System
Sometimes, restarting your system can help you resolve the problem that you have encountered from your system. So, first, you just simply restart your device. After restarting the system, open the Adobe application and create the PDF files for the checking if this error persists or not.
Solution 2 – Repair the Adobe Application
Here is another easy solution that you can use to resolve this issue. Try to follow the ways which are mentioned in the section below:
- At first, launch the Adobe application.
- When the Adobe Application window opens, go to the Help option.
- In the Help section, tap on the Repair Acrobat Installation option. Now, the system will start the repair process.
- Once it finishes, restart your system and check if the problem is resolved. If the problem is still there then follow the next solution.
Solution 3 – Reinstall the Adobe Application
With the help of the previous solutions if the problem does not fix, then you can try this solution. If you have Windows 7 then you need to follow the given below steps:
- Press the Start button to open the list. You will find the Control Panel application, select it. Alternatively, press the Windows key and “S” key to open the Search box, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter key.
- When the Control panel window opens, go to the Programs and Features section.
- In the Programs and Features section, you will locate the Adobe Software, right click on it.
- Tap on the Uninstall option from that menu list. Now you can see the uninstall process will start to uninstall this software.
- Once the uninstall process is done, restart your device. After restarting the system, download it from the official website of Adobe Software. After completing the download process install it. You need to follow the onscreen instructions carefully to complete the installation process. Once the installation process is completed, open the Adobe Software and see if this application works properly without any error.
If you are using the Windows 8 or Windows 10, then you use the below mentioned ways,
- Press the Windows Key and “I” key to open the Settings window.
- Go to the Apps and Features section from the Settings tab.
- In the Apps and Features section, scroll down the page and you will locate the Adobe software and select it.
- Then, tap on the Uninstall option.
- Once it completes, again installs it on your system.
Solution 4 – Update the Operating System
Updating the Operating System can also solve this issue on your PC. How you can check the updates and complete it, you can know if you follow the instructions below:
- Firstly, you need to press the Windows Home button along with the I key to open the Settings window. Alternatively, go to the Search Panel, type Settings and then press the Enter button.
- When the Settings window opens, navigate to the Update and Security tab.
- In the Update and Security section, tap on the Update section from the left side panel.
- In the right side page, you can see the Update section open. Scroll down the page, you will find the Check for updates option, click on it.
- If the update is there, then click on the Update option. Now, you will find that the update process has started.
- Once it is finished, restart your device and then check if the error has been fixed or not. If you have still problems with this solution to fix this issue then try the next solution.
Solution 5 – By updating the Adobe Application
When this problem happens, you have to check the Adobe is updated or not. If it is not updated then you must update this software from your system.
- In the beginning, open the Adobe application by click on the Adobe icon.
- When the Adobe application window opens, go to the Settings section.
- In the Adobe settings, tap on the Update section. If the update is there then click on the Update option.
- After the successful execution of the update process, check if you still have the issue on your system.
Solution 6 – Turn off the antivirus software
A different reason why you might encounter the Adobe error is because of blocking from Antivirus software. So, you have to disable the antivirus application from your system:
- You have to open the Antivirus application.
- Go to the Settings section from the Antivirus software.
- In the Settings section, move the cursor to the Protection tab and click on the Disable option to turn off the Antivirus.
- Once it is done, restart your system and then open the Adobe application on your system to check if the error appears or not.
We hope these solutions will positively help you to troubleshoot the Adobe Reader Error 129 on your system. By performing all these above-mentioned tracks, you can able to open the Adobe Reader without any hassle on your system.