Yahoo mail is one of the most widely used mailing services among the masses. Besides providing mailing service par excellence, sometimes the Yahoo mail users also face issues while performing their normal work. Hence, one of the most common issues which users encounter is the Yahoo Mail Secure Connection Failed warning. It is the harbinger of a lot of troubles as the web browser will not respond on these occasions.
Therefore, in this article, you will learn how you can bypass this issue on your own. Additionally, you will also get to know the reasons that are responsible for the problem to occur. After knowing the reasons, we will then proceed to the solutions in order to fix the issue. Therefore, follow the next section of the article in order to know the reasons behind the problem.
Know the Reasons for the Yahoo Mail Secure Connection Failed Issue
Here in this section, you will get to know the reasons for the Yahoo mail secure connection failed issue. The SSL or Secure Socket Layer is an encryption protocol that secures all the connections made on the internet. If a website has HTTPS:// at the beginning of the URL, then it is said to be secure. If the web browser finds that a website is not secure, then you will get the Secure Connection Failed message. Therefore, this issue is worst as the web browser stops to respond, as you will not be able to connect to some of the websites:
The other reasons that are responsible for the error to occur are given as follows:
- As discussed earlier the unsecured websites are responsible for the secure connection failed issue.
- The second cause is the change in the proxy settings of the web browser, If you have made any recent changes to the proxy settings of the web browser then you may face the error.
- Using the Windows firewall may also restrict some unsecured websites. Therefore, you may also face a secure connection issue while using Yahoo mail.
- Another reason for the error to occur is the third party antivirus not allowing the certificates of the websites to pass through. If the certificates do not pass through the antivirus, the website will not load on the web browser.
- Lastly, if you are using a weak internet connection, then you may receive the error while using the Yahoo mail.
So, these were some of the reasons that may lead to the occurence of the Yahoo mail Secure Connection Failed issue. Hence, now we will proceed to the solutions part of the article so that you can fix this Yahoo mail issue easily on your own.
Get the Methods on “how to fix Yahoo mail Secure Connection Failed?”
In this section of the article, you will get to know the methods that will help you to fix the Yahoo mail error in an instant. It will be best to follow each and every step without skipping any of them in order to get the best results. Now, as you have the knowledge of the reasons for the issue, we can now proceed to the troubleshooting part of the article. Therefore, the methods of solving are given down below:
- Try to Disable the SSL Scanning Feature of the Third party Antivirus software.
- Adjust the SSL Settings on the Web Browser.
- Perform a Proxy Setting Change of the Web Browser.
- Try to check the SSL Configuration or Installation of the Problematic Website.
- Try to change the default settings of the Web Browser.
After knowing the methods, we will now move on to discuss the methods in details. Therefore, have a look at them:
Method 1: Try to Disable the SSL Scanning Feature of the Third party Antivirus software
In this method, you will get to know the process of disabling the SSL scanning feature of the antivirus software. For protecting the system from malicious websites, most of the antivirus software programs come in with inbuilt SSL scanning feature. Therefore, when this feature is enabled, the antivirus program tries to filter all the websites that you want to visit. If the antivirus finds a suspicious website, it will block it to enter into the system.
Therefore, to disable the SSL scanning feature, you can follow the steps that are given underneath:
- Firstly, you have to open the antivirus software and then you have to open the Settings of the antivirus software.
- In the next step, you will have to find the SSL filtering option. After finding the option, you have to uncheck or disable it.
- Finally, close the antivirus program and then reload the website that shows the secure connection failed message.
If the website loads then it is fine, but if not, you can have a look at the steps of the next method.
Method 2: Adjust the SSL Settings on the Web Browser
If the above method did not provide any solution to your issue, then you can adjust the SSL settings of the web browser. If you don’t know the steps to perform this method, then you can take the help of the steps that are given down below:
- In the first step, you have open the web browser and then in the address bar, you have to type about: config. After typing that, you have to hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After performing this action, you will get a warning message. Now you have to click on the “I accept the risk” option and then the continue option.
- In the next step, you have to type “security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling” in the search bar of the open page.
- After the option appears on the screen, you have to double click on it. Next, you have to set its Value to “False”.
- After doing that, you have to check the issue by reloading the problematic website on the web browser.
If the website reloads and opens, then it is fine, else you can try out the next method of resolving your issue that is given below.
Method 3: Perform a Proxy Setting Change of the Web Browser
In the next method of troubleshooting, you will get to learn how changing the proxy setting will help to resolve the issue. If you are not tech savvy enough to perform this method, then don’t worry. In this method, you will the best steps so that you can easily perform the steps on your own. Therefore, the steps to follow are given down below:
- Again open the web browser, and then click on the Settings menu. When the Settings menu opens, you have to click on the Tools option.
- After that, you have to open the Options tab. Next, you have to go to the Advance panel and then click on the Network tab.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Setting button inside the Connection field.
- Now, you will then see a new pop up on your screen which will be displaying Connection Setting.
- In the Connection Setting window if you see that a Manual Proxy connection is selected or not. If it is selected then you have to change it.
- In order to change the proxy settings, you have to disable the proxy connection. After doing that, you have to hit the OK button.
- In the other case, if you find out that the Manual Proxy connection is not selected, you can leave the setting as it is.
- In the next step, you have to simply close all the windows and then try to reload the problematic website.
Therefore, these were the steps that will help to change the proxy of your web browser. After following this method, if still, you are struggling with the Yahoo mail Secure Connection Failed issue, then you can follow the next method of resolving which is given below.
Method 4: Try to check the SSL Configuration or Installation of the Problematic Website
If the SSL of the website is not configured properly, then the Yahoo mail Secure Connection Failed issue will appear. Therefore, in order to resolve the issue, you can try to test the configuration of the problematic website. You can use a free SSL checker tool online to check the SSL configuration of the problematic website. If you find any misconfiguration, then you can change the settings. In the other case, if not, then leave the settings as it is.
Now, after doing this action, check if the problematic website loads or not. If the problem is resolved then you are good to go. In case if the issue not resolved then you can follow up the next section of the article.
Method 5: Try to Change the Default Settings of the Web Browser
In this method, you will get to know the steps to change the default settings of your web browser. The steps of this method are easy and you can perform the process without any trouble. Therefore, the steps to follow in order to resolve the Yahoo mail issue are given as follows:
- In the first step, you have to again open the web browser and then have to open the Settings menu of the web browser.
- Now you have to click on the Options tab from the list of tabs. If you are using the menu bar, then you can click on the Tools option and then from there, you click on the Options button.
- When the Options dialog box opens, you have to click on the Advanced tab.
- Then in the sub-tabs, you have to click on the Certificates option.
- In the next step, you have to uncheck the option that says “Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certificates”.
- Now, you have to save all the changes by clicking on the OK button.
- Finally, check if the problematic website loads or not.
So, these are the steps that will help you to change the default settings of the web browser. We hope that by following the steps given above, you were able to resolve the Yahoo mail Secure Connection Failed issue on your own. Additionally, we also hope that you have not faced any problem or issue while performing these steps of troubleshooting.
So, we’re here at the end of the article. We hope that the above methods of troubleshooting have helped you to resolve your Yahoo mail Secure Connection Failed issue in no time. These steps are tried and tested, providing the best results for the users. However, if the issue of Yahoo mail still continues to trouble you, then you can get back to us through the comments section. Also if you have any important information to share with us, then you can also take the help of the comments section which is given down below.