Yahoo Mail has been one of the best free mail services available in our professional market. Yahoo mail is efficient enough in managing, sending, as well as receiving emails. But, being so popular, it is not free from technical glitches. Nowadays, the users of Yahoo mail often face difficulties in receiving emails due to several causes. If your Yahoo Mail not receiving emails, then you need to follow the below guideline. Here in this article, we are going to provide some easy troubleshooting steps, which can solve your issue in a short span of time. Hence, you are advised to perform the below solutions. So, let’s start.
Know the Causes of Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails
There are different reasons for Yahoo Mail not receiving emails. Mainly the causes depend on the device you are using. And it also becomes easy to solve an error after knowing its causes. Hence, have a look at the reasons given below:
- Server authentication issue.
- Improper server address.
- Email address is blocked.
- Filter problem.
- Connection problem.
You might face severe problems with your Yahoo mail account. These problems can spring from various reasons discussed above but the most predominant reason that is mostly hailed as the culprit is the hacking of your Yahoo account. In such circumstances, you face difficulties to access your mail account. To get rid of such an annoying situation you can follow this section.
Yahoo Email Hacked: How to Fix?
If your Yahoo account is hacked and you are unable to receive email, then you have come to the right page. Usually, the hackers redirect the emails to their private email address to wipe off the contacts list. The main causes behind this issue are that they send an email to your contacts pretending to be you as well as requesting or asking or demanding them for money. In this time, they don’t want you to understand any of this because if you do see this, then their project may fail. Here’s a thorough guide to solving your Yahoo email issue:
Of Computer Systems:
Verify your Account for any Crashes:
To verify your Yahoo account, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, you need to sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account. Then, send the email to your personal account.
- While sending the mail, if you face any error, then you need to try fixing that.
- If you do not face any error, then your Yahoo! Mail is running fine as well as the Yahoo not getting emails problem is fixed.
Verify the Setting of your Yahoo account:
To verify the setting of the Yahoo account, stick to the steps given below:
- At first, go to the spam folder. Then, see the spam folder to ensure that the receiving email is not mismarked as a spam email.
- Then you need to verify the mail as well as you need to make sure that you have not blocked the sender by mistake.
- Now, you need to try to send the mail to the specific id, from where you are facing problems in receiving mail. The reply should be blank to this mail. So, be careful about this.
- See the filters of the account to check if the emails are running well to any other folder.
Request the Sender to Check the Account:
To perform this, follow the step as mentioned below:
- You should request those senders to assure that the email sends by him is inputted properly.
- If the sender faces any problem while sending the mail, then you need to ask them to fix their email related issue.
With the Help of the Mobile Browser:
If you are facing this problem on your mobile devices, then perform the steps given below:
- Yahoo! Mail not receiving emails issue might happen because of the bad or absence of internet connection. Hence, you need to check that the system is connected properly to the internet as well as try to upgrade the browser to its newest version.
- Now, click on the option ‘force stop.’ Then restart the browser. Now, you have to clear the internal memory and the cache of your Internet browser.
- Then, you have to tap the option ‘force stop.’ You wil find this option at the top left corner of the browser. Now restart the browser. Then again clear the internal memory as well as the cache of your private browser.
- After that, you have to restart your mobile device to save the changes.
- Now, you need to uninstall web browser and then reinstall it again. Or you can use a separate web browser.
- Update the Operating System of your device to its newest version. Or if you prefer you can contact the manufacturer of the device for any further help.
Yahoo Mail Apps:
If the Yahoo! Mail not receiving emails problem is in the mobile browser, but not in your application, then try you need to try the solutions given below.
Update the Application:
To update your Yahoo mobile application, you need to perform the following steps:
- At first, go to the App Store on the device.
- Then, go to the ‘My applications’ section. Choose the Yahoo application from the list.
- Go to the ‘Updates’ tab. Hit on the option ‘Update’ to upgrade the application.
- If you do not see any ‘Update’ button, then you already up-to-date the application previously.
Sign in and Sign out of the Application:
To sign out from the Yahoo application, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, open the application from your mobile device.
- Tap on the image of the profile icon.
- Now click on the ‘sign out’ option.
To sign in to the Yahoo application, you need to follow the steps given below:
- To fix Yahoo! Mail not receiving email issue on your smartphone first you need to go to the Yahoo application.
- Hit on the image of the profile icon and then tap on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- After that, you have to enter the Yahoo id of your Yahoo! Mail account. Then hit on the Next button.
- Then enter the password of your Yahoo! Mail account and select the option ‘Sign in.’
Uninstall and Reinstall the Application:
Uninstalling the App:
To uninstall the Yahoo application from your smartphone device, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, go to the main menu on the mobile phone.
- Then you need to go to the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Then click on the ‘Accounts & Sync’ option.
- Now go to the Manage Account tab. Then you have to search for the required account that you want to switch.
- After that, tap on the option ‘Remove Account.’
Reinstalling the App:
To reinstall the application, you need to stick to the steps given below:
- Click on the Menu button of the device. Then go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Hit the Accounts and then go to the option ‘Add account.’
- Now select the option ‘Email.’ Then you have to type your email id as well as the password at the specific field.
- Hit on the ‘Next’ button. Now you have to select how many time you want to reload the application to check for the new mail. Then hit on the ‘Next’ option.
- Enter the description as well as your name. After that, click on the ‘Next’ button. This might help you to eliminate the Yahoo! Mail not receiving emails error.
On the Whole
In the above guideline, we have provided some of the easiest ways to fix the Yahoo! Mail not receiving emails issue. We hope, after successfully performing the above steps in their given order you can put an end to this issue. If you still face the same issue, then you need to connect with a tech expert. Or you can send your issue through the comment box given below.