Yahoo Email is considered to be one of the most sophisticated email services and is widely used throughout the world. It has amazing features but also has certain technical glitches as well. Yahoo mail error code 4 is one of the general issues that most of the Yahoo users have faced while using it. This error code appears when the internet connection is unstable. So, you can not access your account. Many users want to know how to fix Yahoo mail error code 4 at the earliest. If you are one of them, then go through this article carefully. Here, in this article, several methods are given to get rid of the Yahoo problem from the system.
Potential Factors Causing Yahoo Mail Error Code 4
Many reasons are there behind the occurrence of Yahoo mail error code 4. Let’s have a look at the section below:
- If the sync process of emails gets turned off, then you might not get any notifications about your mail.
- If any unknown users hack your account and use it improperly, then you can face this error.
- The Yahoo mail error code 4 appears if you are using an older version of OS.
- Sometimes an outdated browser or malware infection can also cause this issue.
- Furthermore, if you do not clear the cache data, it can be responsible for this error code.
These are the common causes for the Yahoo mail error code 4 on your device. Now, in the section below, you will know the possible methods to eliminate this error from the system.
Different Methods to Overcome Yahoo Mail Error Code 4
We have provided some of the easy and effective methods which help you to troubleshoot the Yahoo mail error code 4. Check them and implement them as directed.
Method 1 – Signing Out and Again Sign In into the Account
This is one of the easiest methods to resolve this problem from the system. When you face this problem, at first, sign out from your account, from all the devices. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- When your Yahoo account opens, go to the My Account section, which is present on the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the My Account section, click on the Manage Account.
- Click on the Sign-out option, under the Manage Account tab. Now, your account will be signed out.
- Once it is done, restart your device.
- After restarting the system, again sign in your Yahoo account. To do that, go through the next step.
- Open the Yahoo sign in website and put the username and password.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ option.
Method 2 – Restart the System
Sometimes, restarting the system can help you resolve the issue that you have encountered. So, firstly you have to restart the system. After restarting the system, open your Yahoo account and then, check whether the problem is fixed or not. If it is not, then you can follow the next one.
Method 3 – Uninstall the Third-party Antivirus
Sometimes, the third-party antivirus can also cause for the Yahoo mail error code 4. So, you need to uninstall the third-party antivirus from the system to resolve this issue. To uninstall the third-party antivirus, follow the under mentioned steps:
- Press the Windows home button and I key, to open the Settings window.
- In the Settings window, go to the ‘Apps and Programs’ section.
- When that section opens, scroll down the page and locate the third-party antivirus, select it.
- Click on the Uninstall option. Now, you can see that the uninstallation process has started.
- Once it is done, restart the system.
Method 4 – Update the Operating System
By updating the Operating System, you can also fix this problem on the system. Follow the directions given below:
- Press together, Windows key and I key, to open the Settings application. Alternatively, press the Win and X keys to open the menu list. Select the Settings.
- When the Settings window opens, navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- In the ‘Update and Security’ section, move the cursor to the Update section, in the left side panel.
- Click on the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- Click on the Update option.
- Once it completes, reboot the system. After rebooting, if the problem still persists, then you can try the next one.
Method 5 – Update the Browser
An alternative method that can help you to fix the Yahoo mail error code 4 is by updating the browser. Follow the steps cited below:
- Open the Browser.
- In the Browser window, go to the Menu section.
- Click on the Help option, under the Menu section.
- Now, you can check whether the latest version of Browser is available or not.
- If Yes, then click on the Update option.
- Once the update process is finished, restart the system.
Method 6 – Clear the Cache Data
Removing the cache data can also eliminate this error code from the system. It can help you to improve the performance of the web browser. So, you need to clear the cache data from your browser. If you have Mozilla Firefox, then you need to follow these steps:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox application.
- Navigate to the Tools tab, in the Mozilla Firefox window.
- Select the Privacy section.
- Next, click on the History section and then, click on the ‘Clear your recent history’ option.
- Now, choose all the files under the Time range to clear menu list.
- Select the cache and cookies and then, click on the Clear Now button.
- Once it is done, reboot the system and then, check whether the Yahoo mail account works properly without any error.
If the browser is Google Chrome, then follow the steps given below:
- Double click on the Google Chrome icon to launch this application.
- Then, go to the Menu section which is present on the right corner of the screen.
- In the Menu section, click on the More Tools tab, to open the list and then, click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the ‘Obliterate the following items from’ option, select it to open the drop-down menu list.
- Click on the ‘beginning of time’ option. Now, you can select all ‘cached images and files’.
- After selecting those files, click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
- Once it is done, restart your PC.
Method 7 – Update the Device Driver
After performing the above-mentioned methods, if the problem is still there, then you need to update the device driver to fix the Yahoo mail error code 4 on the system. Follow the directions cited hereunder:
- Press the Windows key and R key to open the Run box, type ‘Control Panel’ and then, press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Device Manager section.
- When the Device Manager window opens, find the Device Driver and right click on it.
- Select the ‘Update software driver’ option.
- Once it is finished, reboot your PC.
Method 8 – By Using the Command Prompt
By using the Command Prompt, you can also overcome this issue on the system. Follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key to launch the list.
- Select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Type ‘SFC/scannow’ in the Command Prompt window, and then hit the Enter button.
- Once it is executed, restart your device.
Method 9 – Check the Internet Connection
If the internet connection is not connected properly, it can also cause this issue. So, firstly check whether the connection is properly connected or not. If it is not, then properly connect it. If you are using the Wifi, then remove the Wifi plug and again plug in and then, connect with the system. You can also use the Ethernet cable to get rid of the Yahoo mail error code 4.
These are the methods that we have provided to resolve the Yahoo mail error code 4 from the system. This article will definitely help you to fix this problem. Carefully read this and follow the steps on the system to remove it. In case, if the problem is still there after doing all the methods, then you can seek professional help for better assistance.