Yahoo mail error 18 is one of the most frustrating errors which you can encounter while trying to attach some files in the mail body. This error is also known as “ Temporary Error 18”. If you have already faced the error and sitting behind the frozen screen, then don’t worry. This article consists of more than one guidance which will help you out. But, before going to the solution part, let’s see what causes this particular error. After which, you will be able to fix the error.
Causes for Yahoo Mail Error 18
Here are more than one causes, due to which, you can encounter this kind of errors with your device.
- First of all, you can encounter this error due to cookies, used by the browser.
- If you have not cleared the cache of the browser, then also you can encounter this error.
- In some cases, you can also encounter this error due to some internal glitch present within the Yahoo mail.
After you become aware of the process, now, let’s focus on the solutions to troubleshoot this particular error.
Fixes for Yahoo Mail Error 18
If you are not aware of the detailed process on how to fix Yahoo mail error 18, then you are in the perfect page. With the help of the steps provided below, you will be able to fix this frustrating bug.
Method 1: Sign In and Sign Out
Once you encounter this error, with your device then, at first, try to sign out from your mail account. Once done, wait for some time and sign in to your account and check whether you are able to resolve the matter or not. If you are not able to resolve the matter then, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 2: Verify the Browser
If you are not using any supported browser, then you can encounter this error with your mail ID. So, in that case, make sure you are using compatible browsers. If you are still getting this error, instead of using these browsers, then you have to continue with the next step.
Method 3: Clear the Browser Cache
It also can happen that, you are getting this error if you have not cleared the cache files for a long time. In that case, try to follow the cache cleaning techniques as per the browser you are using.
In the case of Edge:
If you are using Edge, then try out these steps.
- At first, go to the Favorites
- Locate the History option.
- Tap on the Clear History option.
Once done, you will be able to clear the history as well as the cache of your browser.
In the case of Safari:
In case, if you are using the Safari browser, then you can follow these steps:
- At first, choose the Reset Safari option from the Safari pull-down menu.
- Once done, select the option which is Clear History.
- Now, tap on the option named Reset. In this way, you will be able to clear the cache of Safari browser.
In the case of Firefox:
If you are using Firefox, then try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- In order to clear the cache, tap on the Menu button and select the options.
- Now, go to the ‘Privacy & Security’ panel as well as go to the History section.
- Once done, you will be able to see a drop-down menu which is situated next to the Firefox Will option and tap on the ‘Custom settings for history’.
- Tick the box checked against ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’.
- Click on the option Named Settings, which is situated beside the ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’ option.
- Now, you will be able to see ‘Settings for Clearing History’ window.
- In the ‘Settings for Clearing History’ window, keep the box unchecked against the Cache option.
- For more information in the Other options, notice the ‘Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox’
- Tap on OK to close the ‘Settings for Clearing History’ window.
In the case of Chrome:
If you are using the Chrome browser, then try to follow these steps.
- At first, on your computer, you have to open the Chrome browser and locate the top right corner.
- Here, you will be able to see an option which is ‘More’, tap on it, to continue.
- Tap on the option which is ‘More tools’ as well as ‘Clear browsing data’.
- On the top list, you will be able to see a time range.
- In order to delete everything, you have to select ‘All time’.
- Once done, check the “Cookies and other site data” as well as “Cached images and files,” and keep the boxes checked.
- Tap on the option which is ‘Clear data’.
Method 3: Restart the Browser
If you are getting this error, then you have to restart the browser. In that case, after performing the restart process, try to check whether you are able to resolve the matter or not. Hopefully, this time, you will be able to troubleshoot this error.
In this article, we have provided more than one hacks, using which, you will be able to troubleshoot this Yahoo mail error 18. In order to complete the task without any hassle, it is recommended, try to follow each and every step carefully. Try not to jump any of the steps. Otherwise, you won’t be able to perform the action. In case, if you encounter any glitch, related to the steps provided, then you can inform us by posting in the feedback section. If you find this article helpful, then you can also encourage us with your valuable comments.