Xbox one error 0x8027025a is one of the most annoying issues that every Xbox users have faced and are facing. This error usually shows up, when the users are attempting to start or sign in to the Xbox app. Error 0x8027025a is always accompanied by an error message that reads: “For some reason (name of app that could not be started) took too long to start.” This error message suggests the users to staring or try to sign the particular Xbox One application again.
Xbox error 0x8027025a means, there is a sign-in issue with your profile that prevents your Xbox from signing or starting or the Xbox One application won’t open in the expected time of amount. An outdated version of OS or virus infection can cause this error. Sometimes, outdated or corrupted device drivers can also responsible for this glitch. Many users have reported that they are unable to start the Xbox One app whenever this Xbox error occurs on their device.
If you are also getting the same error message, then don’t panic as there are various alternative methods to fix this issue. Here, in this article, we have mentioned all the possible fixes with complete steps for resolving this issue. Thus, learn all the methods and follow them accordingly.
Possible Causes Of Xbox One error code 0x8027025a
There are several factors that are responsible for occurring this Xbox error. But, here we have enlisted the most common factors:
- Poor internet connection
- Antivirus issues
- Sign in issue
- Outdated device drivers
- Xbox Live connection failure
These are the most common reasons, why are you facing Xbox One error 0x8027025a. Apart from this, there can be some causes as well. Therefore, there might be a sign in issue with your account.
Primary Indications of the Error 0x8027025a on Xbox One
While you are encountering such an error, the Xbox Live service does not work properly or temporarily down and that leads to the error 0x8027025a message. Another indication of this error is when your Xbox One application is behaving improperly. Over time, the Xbox One application doesn’t perform well, especially when you ‘re starting the application. Most of the time this error message is seen during the mentioned times. When you find that the Xbox One app improperly, you might ensure that this issue can be related to the sign-in process but there issue affected zones are different. However, the Xbox error is linked to the software section of the Xbox One, thus, almost every problematic zones are flexible. So, don’t worry!
Simple Ways to Resolve Xbox One error 0x8027025a
Xbox One error 0x8027025a is might be located on your Xbox One and get your quite annoyed, however, you have various simple ways to fix it too. But, getting into the fixing process, it is advised you to reboot your Xbox device. In most cases, a simple reboot is able to resolve several device-related issues. Ant that thing also applies to your Xbox Once device. But, after rebooting, if you still get stuck with the same error code then, you need to check other problematic zones.
After reboot, the first problematic zone that you should check is your internet connection. If your internet connection is unstable or suddenly stops while you’re attempting to start the Xbox One app then, your Xbox device might show you this error. Thus, you need to check your internet connection before following any kind of solutions.
However, if your internet connection is quite stable then, it’s something else causing this issue up on your Xbox device and you have to resolve it as soon as possible. Thus, without wasting more time, let’s go to the solution.
Solution 1: Verify the Xbox Live Core Services
Solution 2: Reset the Region Settings
Many users have reported that after resetting the region settings on the Xbox console, they fix the “Take too long to start” error message. Thus, it is recommended you to perform this task id this works. To proceed with this process, you need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, sign in to your Xbox One app.
- Then, scroll left to go to the Guide.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Settings’ section.
- In the ‘Settings,’ click on the ‘All Settings’ option.
- After that, select ‘System’
- Next, click on the ‘Language & Locations’
- Now, from the list, choose a new location you want, and then, press the ‘Restart Now’ button.
Once your console restarts, see whether the issue gets eliminated or not. Although resetting the region is a pretty simple process but, there are some limitations that you must know about. Keep in mind that, can reset the region once every 3 months. Also, if your account is currently suspended for any reason, then you won’t able to reset your region. Apart from these, some services might not be run in a particular region. So, keep in mind and be sure to select your region carefully.
Solution 3: Attempt to Install Games and Applications on your Internal Hard Drive
Most of the time, it is reported that such kind of issue only appears, when the users run their games and applications from an external hard drive. Although using the external hard drive with your Xbox One is the most reliable way to preserve the space, but most of the time, external drive lead you to the Xbox One error 0x8027025a. Hence, we highly recommend you to install the applications and games to your internal hard drive. This process might solve the “Xbox One error code 0x8027025a”.
Solution 4: Remove the Problematic Games and your Xbox Account
To fix such kind of Xbox error, you might need to remove the problematic games and your Xbox account. As for some instances, your installation might be corrupted. Thus, it can prevent the app from working properly. Thus, in order to over to this kind of situation, you should remove the problematic applications from your device. Hence, don’t be worried as you can install them again. But, before going to the steps, in the disc tray, you have to be sure that there is no disc. Now, follow the below directions in order to uninstall a game:
- Primarily, go to the main screen, then navigate to the ‘My Games & Apps’.
- Then, choose the problematic game.
- Now, select the Menu button.
- After that, click on the ‘Manage Game’ option.
- Now, select the game again, and hit the ‘Menu’ button.
- Once it is done, simply press the ‘Uninstall’ button.
Note – If you have Reserved or Saved data for this specific game, then you have to ensure to remove the Saved data as well.
Once you uninstall that problematic game along with its data, now, it’s time to remove your Xbox profile. Over time, for certain reason, your Xbox profile might be corrupted and as a result, Xbox One error 0x8027025a issue occurs. In order to remove your Xbox profile, go through the steps below:
- Firstly, go to the Home screen.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Settings’ section.
- After that, click on the ‘All Settings’
- Next, hit the ‘Remove Accounts’ option.
- Now, you need to choose the problematic account then, press the Remove button.
Note – Until the problematic account is removed, you have to keep repeating the previous step.
Once it is done, restart your console and then, go to the ‘Settings’ section once again. Then, click on the ‘Power & Startup’ option. After that, hit the ‘Turn Off Or Restart’ button. At last, hit the ‘Restart Now’ button as well as ‘Yes’ button.
Now, you can-re-install your Xbox profile. Thus, On the Home screen, scroll left to navigate to the Sign In tab. There, you will see all the available users. Now, scroll to choose the ‘Add & Manage’ option. Next, press the ‘Add New’ button. Then, you will be prompted for your Microsoft Account Login Information. Thus, enter all the information. Once your profile is installed, make sure to sign in to it. In the end, re-install the problematic game or application.
Therefore, navigate to the ‘My Games & Apps’ and then, click on the ‘Install’ section. Now, you have to locate the game that you have eliminated at the starting of this solution. Next, click on that game and hit the ‘Download Now’ button. Once it is done, check if the issue gets removed.
Alternative Ways to Fix Xbox One Error 0x8027025a
If the issue still persists, then you can try out these alternatives ways. If this will help you to resolve the Xbox error.
- Restore Factory Defaults: In order to restore the factory defaults, navigate to the ‘Settings’ section and then, click on the ‘All Settings’ button. Now, tap on the ‘System.’ Next, choose the ‘Console Infor & Updates’ option. Lastly, hit the ‘Reset Console’ button. Now, you will find two options: “Reset And Keep My Games & Apps” and “Reset And Remove Everything”. In that case, it is advised you to reset and delete the corrupted files. So, you need to select the “Reset And Remove Everything” button.
- Go Offline & Try to Start the Game Again: To do that, go to the ‘Settings’ and then, select the ‘All Settings’option. Now, tap on the ‘Network’and then, choose the ‘Network Settings’ Finally, select the ‘Go Offline’ button. This might not be the permanent fix but it is an effective workaround.
- Disable Instant-On Feature: In order to disable the instant-on feature, go to the Menu button and then, click on the ‘Settings.’ Next, tap on the ‘Power And Startup.’ Then, locate the ‘Power Options’. Finally, from Instant-On mode, switch to the Energy-Saving mode.
Before Putting A Stop:
After following the above solutions, we hope, you are able to resolve the Xbox One error 0x8027025a. Hopefully, this post will be beneficial for you to tackle the Xbox error as well as enhance your PC’s performance. Furthermore, if you have any queries regarding your Xbox error, then you can share your doubts with us in the feedback section below. On the other hand, you can also take an expert’s assistance for the ultimate solution.