Xbox is one of the top video gaming brands developed by Microsoft. It also presents us with Xbox Live, streaming services, gaming applications, and countless similar services. Users of the Xbox often face the Xbox live error code 8015402b. When they face this error, then the rings of the consoles become red. Then, you can see the error notification on the display screen or on the monitor that you are using with the console. This error prevents its users to access the Xbox features of the Xbox 360. If you are in the same condition, nothing to be worried. Here in this article, we are going to provide some easy fixes which can solve your issue in a short span of time. Hence, you are advised to go through the below article carefully. Therefore, let’s start.
Know the Reasons behind the Xbox 360 live 8015402b
Most of the gamers face this Xbox live error code 8015402b while trying to create Microsoft account on their Xbox 360. You also can face this issue while trying to add any contacts to the Microsoft family of Xbox 360. If you try to possess the non-Microsoft email id, then this error will occur. Suppose, you enter the Xbox account through email ids such as Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or using another mailing platform that is not verified, you will have to face the Xbox 360 live error code.
Furthermore, this error report also can result from the hardware issue as if the HDD is loose or defective and may require to be changed.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Solve the Xbox live error code 8015402b
This error may indicate that the purchase or download is failed, or the content is not available on the Store. If you cannot find the content while searching on Xbox.com, then it may have been eliminated. But, if the content is still accessible, then you need to try to solve the Xbox error code 8015402b. Hence, you need to follow the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Clear your cache and remove old data
At first, try to upgrade the Xbox Live data by removing the cache. If you are using an older version of this item and you are trying to purchase or download it on the console for the error code 8015402b. To perform this you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Remove the Marketplace System Data.
To do this you have to perform the steps as follows:
- Click on the Xbox button of the controller.
- Hit on the Settings tab. Then choose the ‘System Settings’ option.
- Now you need to select the option ‘Storage. The select the initial storage device.
- Click on the ‘System Items’ option.
- After that, you need to select the ‘Content Cache’ option. Then, hit the Delete button.
Clean the console cache:
Stick to the steps mentioned below:
- At first, hit the Xbox button of the controller.
- Then go to the Settings. Open the System Settings from the setting window.
- Choose the Memory or Storage.
- Then you need to select any storage device. Hit the Y button of the controller. (It does not depend on the storage device. Now the cache will be removed for all the storage devices.)
- Choose the ‘Clear System Cache’ option.
- When the window prompt to confirm the storage device support, you need to hit on the Yes button.
Now restart the Xbox 360 console.
Retry to download or purchase from Xbox Live.
Now check if it solves the error or not. If you still face the Xbox 360 live error code 8015402b, then you need to perform the next solution.
Solution 2: Remove the content and download it again
At first, you have to delete all the existing downloads from your active downloads display. Then delete the partly downloaded content. Then, you need to try to download those content again. To perform this you need to follow the steps given below:
- Hit the Xbox button of the controller.
- Then move the cursor to the ‘Games & Apps’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Active Downloads’ option. Then hit on the ‘Cancel All’ option.
Now, the running downloads are canceled. After that, you have to delete the partly downloaded content. To perform this you need to follow the steps given below:
- Click the Xbox button of the controller.
- Open the Settings.
- Now, you have to choose the ‘System Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Storage’ option. Then choose the storage device.
- Hit X on the controller for the deletion suggestions.
- Scroll down the suggestions as well as delete the content which has a yellow exclamation point. This exclamation point symbolizes that the content is corrupted or incomplete by error 8015402b.
Now, the partly downloaded content has been removed, try to download the content again. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Settings hub. THe choose the Account.
- After that, you need to choose the ‘Download History’ option.
- Now choose those items you were having difficulties while downloading.
- Click on the ‘Download Again’ again.
If the content still does not download fully, then you need to try the further solution.
Solution 3: Confirm that you are connected to the Xbox Live
Now you need to check the connection of the Xbox Live to confirm that a defective connection is not your problem. To perform this you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click the Xbox button of the controller. You can find this button in the middle of the controller.
- Now, open the Settings. Then, you need to choose the ‘System Settings’ option.
- Hit on the Network Settings.
- When it prompts to select either ‘Wired network’ or ‘Wireless network’, select your suitable option.
- Click on the ‘Test Xbox Live Connection’ option.
- After that, when you are prompted to upgrade the console software, hit on the Yes button.
Now, you are successfully connected with the Xbox Live. After the connection, if you are still unable to download the content, then you need to perform the next method.
Solution 4: Check the billing information
If you are unable to download the content or unable to make a purchase, then you need to sign in to the Microsoft account. After that, check all the billing report is current. Inaccurate data may still stop you to download the content. After performing this, if you still face the Xbox live error code 8015402b, then go to the further procedure.
Solution 5: Verify the Non-Microsoft email id
To obtain a glitchless gaming experience, you need to verify the email id you have used. It will benefit you to use Microsoft services. You need to verify the account while of setting up the Xbox account. Unless you also can check it now to resolve the live error issue. The team of Microsoft sent you an email consists of some general guidance concerning the matter of the confirmation. If you can’t locate this to your inbox, then you need to check the mail to your Junk folder.
It assures that the email id is correct. To proceed further you need to click on the ‘Resend email’ option by going to the messages section. Then, you have to sign in to the email account as well as access the confirmation mail forwarded by ‘Microsoft.’ Now, you need to check the instructions from the mail and then try to sign in again to the Xbox account.
Solution 6: Create a new Outlook Account
In some situations, it gets tough to use the Xbox account with the non-Microsoft email account because there will be an issue of Xbox live error code 8015402b. You can solve this issue by creating an Outlook account. To create this, you need to perform the following steps:
- At first, you have to open the Xbox application. Click on the Social under the Menu section.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Join the fun’ tab by going to the ‘XBOX LIVE’ section.
- It will open the Sign-up page. Hit the ‘Sign up’ as well as create the Xbox Live account.
- After that, you need to fill up the form by providing all the information to go to the further process. Now, remember that you provide the Microsoft email account to sign-up the new account.
In this process, you can create a new Xbox account to get rid of the Xbox 360 live error code 8015402b successfully.
On the Whole
In the above article, we have provided some of the easiest solutions to fix the Xbox live error code 8015402b. We hope, after performing the above steps in their respective order, you can put an end to this issue. After following this guideline, if you still face any problems, then you need to contact a tech expert. Or you can send your issue in our comment section.