When you are playing a game on the Xbox console and try to connect to other gamers online via ‘Xbox Live’, then you might an issue as Xbox 360 NAT Error. There are some reasons, due to which you are getting this problem. When there is some issue within the network connection, if the NAT settings are invalid, then it can generate a glitch. Further, if the network settings of the Xbox are incorrect, then you may encounter this problem. So, go through this article and get to learn some effective hacks on how to fix nat error on Xbox 360. Additionally, in the next section, you will get to know about the definition of NAT.
About Network Address Translation (NAT)
The NAT or Network Address Translation is a kind of technique that the routers use to translate an IP address from public to private and vice versa. A public IP address is the one that is visible over the Internet whereas the private IP is used over the home network. This process is used for:
- In order to hide the private IP address from the internet to maintain security.
- Helps to share a single IP address to connect more than one device.
In the upcoming section, you will get easy steps that will fix this problem quickly.
Solutions to Fix the Xbox 360 NAT Error
This section of the article will provide you with effective steps that will help you to correct this problem in an easy and simple way.
Restore the Network Settings on Xbox
You can experience this problem if the network settings on the console are incorrect. The only workable solution that will resolve this glitch is to inspect the network setting within the console. Follow the steps underneath to do the same.
- The first step is to power On the Xbox 360 console and then, launch the ‘My Xbox’.
- After that, select the option ‘System Settings’. Then, choose the ‘Network Settings’ option.
- Now, select the network name that is in use, like ‘Wired’ or ‘Wireless’. Next, choose the option ‘Configure Network’
- Within the ‘Configure Network’ page, go to the tab ‘Additional Settings’. Then, navigate to the option ‘Restore to Factory Defaults’. When you are asked, choose the option ‘Yes’ to confirm the previous option.
- Shut down the console and wait for sometime. After that, power up the Xbox device
- Finally, test the Xbox Live connection. To do it, follow the sub-steps provide:
- First, on the controller, tap the ‘Xbox’ logo. After that, choose ‘Settings’ option.
- Within the ‘Settings’ page, choose the ‘System Settings’ and then, choose ‘Network Settings’ options.
- Now, choose the network on which you are connected. At last, choose the option ‘Test Xbox Live Connection’.
This process will help you to resolve the error. However, if the problem persists, then go for the next solution.
Examine the Router
If you get the Xbox 360 NAT error, then sometimes, it can be due to weak network connectivity or no connection at all. Thus, the solution to solve this setback is to just simply check the network connection and the router. In order to do it, follow the steps underneath.
- First, shut down both the router and the Xbox console.
- After that, unplug all the network ethernet cables from your router and the console.
- Then, wait for a few minutes and plug in all those cables back on their respective devices accordingly.
- Now, power on the router and give it some time to initialize and start the network connection. Then, power on the console and check if you are able to connect it to the stable network.
- Finally, when the connection is stable, examine if you are still getting this problem or not.
If this process does not work out for you, then you can proceed to the next best fix.
Alter the NAT Settings via PC
If nothing seems to work, then you can go for this method. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, tap on the ‘Windows + S’ keys to open the search area. Within that search area, type “cmd” and then, hit the ‘Enter’ key. Now, from the search results, go to the option ‘Command Prompt’ and right-click on it. After that, from the popup menu, select the option ‘Run as administrator’.
- In the ‘Command Prompt’ window, type the following command “ipconfig” and tap on the key ‘Enter’ to execute it. This command shows the configuration of the Internet Protocol.
- After the execution of the previous command, you will get an output result. From the output, go to the ‘Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi’ section and take a look at ‘IPv4 Address’, ‘Subnet Mask’ and ‘Default Gateway’.
- Launch the web browser and on its address bar put the numbers within ‘Default Gateway’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, input the default username and password of the router to get into the settings page.
- When you are inside the setting page of the router, then switch on the option ‘UPnP.
- At last, reboot the console and once again execute the ‘Test Xbox Live Connection’ within it.
Lastly, the process mentioned above will help you to fix the Xbox 360 NAT error at the earliest. You can share your experience in the comment section below.