Microsoft provides the Windows Update service in the form of Service Packs and patches to update the Windows Operating System. Microsoft provides this service not only for the Windows OS or other Microsoft software but also including several modern hardware drivers. Certain updates mainly cover several improvements of Windows features as well as security updates such as key updates for Windows Defender. But sometimes, the users face several types of error while installing the latest Update for the Windows Operating System. Windows Update error 0x80070643 is one of those bugs that faced by several users. This error indicates that there is a fatal failure in the newly downloaded update version.
If you are searching for the solutions of this error, then you just arrived at the right page. Here in this article, we are going to presents some easy hacks to fix this error. Hence, you are advised to go through the entire article carefully as well as implement all the steps mentioned below. So, let’s begin.
What Causes Windows Update Error 0x80070643?
Before going to the solution, it’s better to know the causes behind Windows Update error 0x80070643. Have a look at the below points to know the reasons for this error:
- The system is not able to install the newest system update.
- System registry files get corrupted or damaged.
- The features of Windows Update fails to locate the user data.
- Malware or virus infection.
- The installation of the .NET Framework or MSI software registration is corrupted.
- Ose.exe or Microsoft Office Source Engine has been corrupted or disabled.
Now, compare these reasons with your current situation and try to fix this error with the help of the solutions given below.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Fix the Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643
Basically, the Definition Update of Windows Defender benefits you to assure that the antimalware fix identifies the tweaks threat as well as the latest warning detection logic. Windows Update increases the ability to recognize different threats in a proper way. In other terms, your system can be at a bigger risk of being affected by viruses or malware.
But, nothing to be getting worried about this. There is a lot of solutions such as Reset Windows Update, Uninstall HEVC, Hiding Update K44041994 to solve this error. You will see all of these solutions described in the guide below thoroughly. Just apply those methods by performing the specified steps to solve the Windows Update error 0x80070643.
Solution 1: Reset Windows Update
The simplest and first cause of this error is the problem with Windows Update. As Windows Update is the carrier which provides updates to the computers as well as takes care to install them, a problem with the utility can cause behind this issue. By resetting the Windows Update you can easily solve such problems.
These are steps you should perform to reset the Windows Update:
- At first, open the .BAT file from your system. Or you can also download the .BAT file which will help you to reset the Windows Update. Now, you have to save the .BAT file to your system to a memorable as well as accessible location. After downloading this file you need to go to this location.
- If you see that the .BAT file is blocked, then you have to right-click on the file. Then, select the Properties from the list. Look at the Security section. There you will see the Unblock option. Now, you need to tick the checkbox beside the Unblock option. Now, click on the Apply button and then click on Ok. If any Access Denied command box pops up, then you have to click on the ‘Continue’ option. Now either type the password for the Administrator account (when you are logged into the Standard User account) or click on the Yes button (when you are logged into the Administrator account).
- Now, you have to right-click on the .BAT file. Then select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the context menu.
- When you are prompted to make sure the action by UAC, then you have to click on the ‘Yes’ button from the appeared command box.
- When the .BAT file has completed all of the commands it receives and ran to the conclusion, then Windows Update and all of its components will have been reset. After that, you have to restart the system to save the changes.
When restarting the system, check whether the Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 still occurs or not.
Solution 2: Uninstall HEVC from the Computer and Re-install it
Windows 10 update error 0x80070643 can also be happened by a conflict with other app installed on the Computer. If you have installed any types of HEVC application on your system and are encountering this error notification, then uninstalling the application can help you to be able to install the latest update properly. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, move the cursor to the left bottom corner of the screen and hit on the Start logo.
- Then, click on the gear-shape ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the Apps from the Settings window.
- Now, you have to wait for the Windows to populate the application list which is currently installed on the system.
- When you will see the entire list, then find the HEVC app from the list. After finding the HEVC app installed on the Computer, you have to select it.
- After that, you have to Uninstall the HEVC app from the system.
- Make sure the action is ordered to do so as well as go through the uninstallation method until the application has been eliminated from the Computer.
After completing the uninstalling process, you need to go back to Windows Update as well as Check for the updates. Then, the Windows Update will start to download and install all the updates available for the system.
After performing the above steps, you need to check that the Windows Update error 0x80070643 is still showing or not.
Solution 3: Rename Software Distribution Folder
Software Distribution folder is a substitute folder where the Windows saves the update files till they are downloaded. Then, Windows initiates the upgrading procedure. Renaming the folder might solve the Update error 0x80070643 in Windows. You can solve this error by performing the steps given below:
- At first, go to the Start menu and right-click on the Command Prompt. Select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list to run the Command Prompt with the administrator privilege.
- Now, you need to block some specific services. Rename the Catroot2 folder as well as stopped the service.
- Now type the following commands and run them:
1st: net stop wuauserv
2nd: net stop cryptSvc
3rd: net stop bits
4th: net stop msiserver
5th: ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren:\Windows\System32 \catroot2 catroot2.old
6th: net start wuauserv
7th: net start cryptSvc
8th: net start bits
9th: net start msiserver
- Hit the Enter to run those command.
- After that, you need to exit from the Command Prompt. To close the Command Prompt you should use the Alt and F4 key simultaneously.
- Now, restart the system to save the changes.
Now check, that the error 0x80070643 while updating Windows, is still showing or not. If the error still persists, then go to the next method.
Solution 4: Run the System File Checker
Another solution you need to try to solve the Windows Update error 0x80070643 is to run the SFC or System File Checker of the system. It is a service of Windows which helps its users to scan the corrupted file from the Windows system files as well as helps them to restore those files. The option ‘sfc scannow’ is one of the various specific process available of the sfc command. This command is used to run the System File Checker of the system.
These are steps you should perform to Run the System File Checker:
- At first, you need to open the Start menu and go to the Command Prompt.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt and select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list to run the Command Prompt with the administrator privilege.
- Next, type ‘sfc / scannow’ at the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command. It will open the System File Checker.
- Now, you have to wait for a few time to complete the scan. It will take minimum 15 minutes time.
- After completing the scanning process, you need to restart the system to save the changes. Now check whether the error still occurs or not.
If the System File Checker scan could not solve this issue or for some specific issue you could not run this scanning, then first you should try to use the DISM scan. Then again, you need to run the System File Checker scan. Deployment Image Servicing and Management or DISM can help you to repair as well as prepare the Windows images, includes the Windows PE, Windows Setup, and Windows Recovery Environment. To run this you have to go to the Command Prompt and run it as the administrator. Then type the ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth’ command. After that, you need to press the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
On the Whole
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the easy solutions to fix the Windows update error 0x80070643. We hope, after successfully performing the above steps in their mentioned order, it will help you to put an end to this error. After going through the above article if you still face the error, then you need to contact a tech expert. You also can share your queries through the comment box given below.