Windows Update is a free service of Microsoft specially designed for the Windows Operating System. It automates downloading as well as installing software updates using the Internet. This service also provides software updates for the driver, patches, service packs as well as Microsoft antivirus products like Windows Defender for the hardware devices. Nowadays, Windows users often face difficulties while installing the latest updates. Windows error code 0x80070422 is one of the Windows update bugs faced by most of the Windows users.
If you are in the same list, then nothing to be getting worried about this. There is a lot of ways to fix this error. Here in this article, we are going to present some possible fixes to solve the error code 0x80070422. Hence, you are advised to go through the below article.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070422? Amazing Tips and Tricks
Microsoft produces several updates for Windows. This becomes doubtful for some of the Windows users. As an example, while updating the Windows OS, several users are facing the error code 0x80070422. It indicates that the Windows failed to install the update. Sometimes, this error eliminates the installed update or the whole Windows 10 OS. This error also might happen while trying to check the updates as well as while installing an application from the Microsoft Store. However, you need to fix this issue to continue the Operating System. Get to the next section to know some potential solutions of this error.
Solution 1: Using Windows Update Service
When you are facing problems while installing the latest update of Windows, then you can restore the ability to download apps by configuring the Windows Update Service. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to hit the Windows key and R, both at the same time, to open the Run command box.
- Then, type the command ‘services.msc’ in the Run command box. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command. It will open the Services Manager.
- Now, you have to scroll down the services list to locate the Windows Update Service. Double-click on it to open its properties.
- Click on the dropdown menu. You will find this in front of Startup type. Then, click on the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button and then ‘Ok’ button.
- Now, exit from the Services Manager. To close it, you should hit the Alt and F4 key simultaneously.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
While booting up the system, you need to go to the Windows Store. Then, try to install the application which you could not install earlier to check whether the error code 0x80070422 has been solved or not.
Solution 2: Use .BAT File
This issue also can be fixed by utilizing the .BAT file. You get the confirmation that all the Windows Update services along with others are running properly. This is important for the proper working of the downloading process and installing apps from the Windows Store. It also ensures that the apps are not only running properly but also configured to start at boot.
Steps are as follows:
- Hit the Windows logo and R simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, you have to type ‘Notepad’ in the Run command box. Then, hit the Enter from the keyboard to run the command. It will open a fresh page of Notepad.
- Run the below command, in their respective order into a fresh page of Notepad:
1st: sc config
2nd: wuauserv start= auto
3rd: sc config bits start= auto
4th: sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
5th: net stop wuauserv
6th: net start wuauserv
7th: net stop bits
8th: net start bits
9th: net start DcomLaunch
- Now, hit the Ctrl and S key from the keyboard to save the command.
- Click on the dropdown menu. You will see this in front of Save. Then, hit on the ‘All Files’ option.
- Next, you have to type ‘repair.bat’ in the File name.
- Go to the location, where you want to save the .BAT file.
- Click on the Save button.
- Go to that folder, where you stored the .BAT file. Right-click on the folder to run this with ‘administrator privilege’. Now, the .BAT file will open in the Command Prompt. Run all the required commands. Exit from the Command Prompt.
When you close the Command Prompt, then you need to go to the Windows Store. Then, try to install an app to check the Windows error code 0x80070422 persists or not. If you still face it, then go to the next step.
Solution 3: Disable IPV6
You also can resolve your issue by disabling the IPv6. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, move the cursor to the left-bottom corner of the screen and click the Start logo. Then, click on the Control Panel. Select the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ from the Control Panel window.
- Now, find the connection, then right-click on the connection and hit on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Next, you have to find the ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)’ from the list and untick the box.
- Hit the Ok button to save the changes.
- After that, you have to restart the system to check whether the issue is solved or not.
You also can do this with the help of the Registry Editor.
- First, go to the Start menu and click on the Search bar. Type ‘regedit’ in the Search bar. Select the ‘Registry Editor’ option from the search result.
- Now, go to the address ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSe tServicesTCPIP6Parameters.’
- Look at the left side of the screen and right click on the Parameters. Now, select the option ‘New.’ Click on the ‘DWORD (32-bit)’ value.
- Go to the name field and type ‘DisabledComponents.’
- Now, you have to right-click on the new ‘DisabledComponents’ value. Then, hit on the ‘Modify’ option.
- After that, you have to type the ‘ffffffff’ as Value data. Hit on the ‘Ok’ button to save the changes.
- Exit from the Registry Editor page. Then, you have to restart the system. Now, if you need to enable IPv6, then perform the second step by changing the value of ‘Disabled Components’ to 0. Otherwise, if you prefer, you can remove the Disabled Components key.
Solution 4: Using Enable Feature Software Data
To perform this step, you need to execute the steps mentioned below:
- At first, open the Start menu. Click on the Search bar. Then, you have to type ‘regedit’ and hit the Enter key from the keyboard. As a result, it will open the Registry Editor.
- Now, you have to go to the address ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE.’ Click on the Microsoft. Select the ‘Windows’ option from the list. Click on the option ‘Current Version.’ Choose ‘Windows Update’ from the list. Go to the Auto Update.
- After that, you have to verify the Enable Featured Software Data. Then, confirm that the value is fixed to no 1.
The address to reach the Enable Featured Software Data may slightly differ depending on the version of Windows. Then, check that the Windows error code 0x80070422 is solved or not.
Solution 5: Restart Network Service List
Some of the users confirmed that after restarting the list of Network Service the error code was eliminated within a minute. Hence, first, you need to disable this service and then, enable it back again or just restart it. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, go to the Start menu. Type ‘run’ in the Search bar. When it shows the search results, then you have to click twice on the first result. It will open the Run box. Or, if you prefer, you can also hit the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run command box.
- Now, you have to type ‘services.msc’ in the Search box. Then, select the ‘Windows Services’ option from the search result.
- Now, you have to find the list of Network Service. Next, right click on the option. Click on the ‘Restart’ option. You can choose the ‘Stop’ option.
- After that, you have to update the system again to check whether the error code 0x80070422 persists or not.
Solution 6: Run Update Troubleshooter of Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooter which can easily fix general technical problems affecting several Windows components, along with the Update service.
Hence, if the error code 0x80070422 still occurs, after trying the fixes listed in the above section, then you need to try to run the Update Troubleshooter of Microsoft.
Go to the Start menu. Click on the ‘Update & Security’ option. Select the option ‘Troubleshoot.’ Then, hit on the Windows Update. After that, select the ‘run the troubleshooter’ option.
In the above discussion, we have provided some easy tips and tricks to solve the Windows error code 0x80070422. If you follow the steps given above, in their respective order, hopefully, it will help you to put an end to this bug. After performing the above steps, if you still face any difficulties, then you need to seek guidance from a tech expert. Otherwise, you can also share your queries through the comment section below.