Windows error 0xc000012f is a specific issue faced on Windows 10 OS. You can verify this error through a message ’Bad Image’ which appears on the computer screen. Even after clicking on the OK button, this message continuously pops up on the screen. This is quite an irritating situation.
This issue generally occurs when the image file is not in the right format. Fortunately, this is a common error code and has immense numbers of hacks to eliminate the risk. But, you need to troubleshoot it immediately, otherwise, it may lead to some serious damages. Therefore, if you want to get rid of from this error quickly, then read this article. Here, you will get feasible solutions to resolve this issue in an instant.
Amazing Hacks to Troubleshoot Windows Error 0xc000012f
So, if you encounter Windows error 0xc000012f, then you might want to overcome this issue immediately. There are several solutions which you can try to resolve this issue. In this arrticle, we tries to highlight the most basic but essential solutions. Have a look.
Solution 1- Run the SFC/ scannow Command
This is the most easiest way that you can try to resolve this issue on your own. What you need to do is simply run the ‘sfc/ scannow’ command for conducting an automatic system repair. Here are a few steps that you should try to apply this solution.
- In the beginning, you have to press the Windows key to open the Start menu and after that, you need to type ‘Command Prompt’ in the search field and hit the Enter button.
- Once the Command Prompt window appears, then you have to scroll down and click on the ‘Run as administrator’ button. When it is promoted, then you should click on the Allow button.
- Now, within the Command Prompt, you should type ‘sfc /scannow’ within the required field and then, press the Enter button.
- Wait for sometimes and once you have done with this scanning procedure, then reboot the computer and check if there is any change in the error message. If not, then there is another alternative, go to the nextpart of the article.
Solution 2- Uninstall the updates
You have to try to revert all the recent update, to check if the issue is associated with it or not. To do so, go through the undermentioned steps.
At first, you have to go to the Home Screen of the Windows 10 system and then, tap on the Start menu.
Now, you have to type ‘update’ in the search box and then, press the Ok button. Once the ‘Update & Security’ page pop up on the screen, then you should select the Windows Update option.
After that, you need to tap on the Advanced Options. A new window will appear on the screen, from there you need to click on the Update History option. Here, you will get a list of all the updates which are successfully installed. Here, you will also get the list of all the unsuccessful update. Obviously, these unsuccessful updates are the root cause of origin error 0xc000012f Windows 10. Click Next to continue with the process.
Then, you have to click on the Uninstall Update button. After that, the ‘Uninstall an update’ page will display on the screen. You have to right-click on the first installed updates and then, tap on the Uninstall button. You should read the online instructions carefully and after that click on the Apply button.
Ensure that while the uninstall process is running, you do hamper the process by interfering with the steps. Once the process is complete, then reboot your machine and check whether you still encounter this error 0xc000012f or not. If yes, then immediately proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3- Check for the New Updates
If you have already applied the above two solutions, but none of them work for you, then we suggest you to check if an update is available is not. For checking, you have to go through the steps which are given below.
- At first, you need to click on the Windows key and type ‘Update Settings’ within the search field and press the Enter button.
- In the next page, you have to tap on the ‘Check for updates’ button.
- This will send an update request to the Microsoft server. If any update is available, then it will notify you.
Once the new updates are successfully installed, then you need to check if this resolves the error. Otherwise, you can go to the next alternative solution provided for you.
Solution 4- Clean the Junk Files
Sometimes, after cleaning the junk files, you can resolve this issue. To apply it, here are some steps that you have to follow.
- At first, you have to press the Windows and R key together.
- Then, you need to type ‘cleanmgr’ in the search field and hit the Enter button.
- From the new window, you have to click on the ‘ct OS partition (C:) ‘option and again press the OK button.
- Now, you should mark the ‘Recycle bin’ as well as the ‘Temporary files’.
- Finally, you have to tap on the ‘Cleanup System Files’ and wait for sometimes till the completion of this process.
Then, restart your machine and if you are still dealing with this Windows error 0xc000012f, then move to the next solution.
Solution 5- Use the System Restore Point
If none of the above methods work for you, then you should use a System Restore ppoint to resolve this issue. To apply this solution, here are some steps that you should follow.
Firstly, you have to click on the Windows key and after that, type ‘Create a Restore point’ in the search field.
A new window will now appear on the screen. Here, you have to search for the System Protection option. Once you locate it, then click on that.
Thereafter, you have to tap on the System Restore option and then, click on the Next button.
Now, click on the last Restore point which you have created and then, tap on the Next.
Finally, click on the Finish button and then, wait for sometimes. Then, reboot the machine and if you still encounter Windows error 0xc000012f on your device, then proceed to the next method know more about the solution.
Solution 6- Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot can be useful in identifying the reasons behind the occurence of this error code. Generally, this problem can occur due to third-party software. Therefore, you have to perform a clean boot of the system. To do so, here are some steps that you need to follow. Check them out:
- At first, you should go to the Home Screen of Windows 10 system and tap on the Start icon.
- Now, you have to type ‘msconfig’ in the search field and press the Enter button.
- You should click on the System Configuration from the search results.
- Now, you should open the Service tab.
- After that, you have to check the dialog box which is located beside the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ option.
- Next, you need to click on the Disable option.
- Then, you need to open the Startup tab. From there you have to click on the Open Task Manager option. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys together.
- Now, within the Task Manager, you should right-click on the Startup items and click on the Disable to disable them all.
- Thereafter, you have to close the Task Manager window.
- Then, click on the Apply button on the Startup tab to save these changes.
Once you are done with the steps, then restart your machine. Then, check whether the Windows error 0xc000012f still persist or not. If not, then start each application one by one. However, if you are still dealing with this issue, then move to the next solution.
Solution 7- Update the Windows 10 OS
In case, you have not updated the Windows 10 Operating System for a long time, then we suggest you to update the Operating System to its best-recommended version. So, at first, go to the home page of the Windows 10 OS and search for the best suitable version. Once, you locate it, then click on that. After that, read the online instructions carefully and click on the Apply button.
Finally, restart your machine and this Windows error 0xc000012f will not trouble you any more.
We believe, with the help of these above solutions, you can quickly resolve this error code on your own. However, if you think that you don’t have much technical knowledge, then we suggest you to not to waste your valuable time and seek professional help to troubleshoot this error without any hassle.