If you receive the error message which states Windows detected a hard disk problem, what will you do immediately? This problem is always a grave concern and can appear on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 systems. Therefore, we suggest you keep a backup of the files in order to avoid loss of information. Do you know why this kind of issue pops up in Windows 7/8/10? Normally, it can happen due to virus attack. Alongside, bad sectors, disruptive operations, poor sectors can be cited as the major causes for this hard disk error.
This error is really annoying and you might get panic-stricken. Moreover, you will receive the warning message at an interval of 5 to 10 minutes. Therefore, this informative blog will enlighten you with the details of hard disk problems as well as the effective hacks to eradicate this issue.
This annoying error gives you some early warnings.
- The hard drive fails and will die quickly.
- You will find that most of the data covering programs, applications, photos, videos are lost when the disk died.
- Corrupted files in Windows and operating system becomes unbootable.
- You will receive warnings like desktop freezing suddenly, taking huge time to load, and eventually stopping to respond.
Effective Hacks to Prevent Windows has Detected a Hard Disk Problem
You need to follow the under-mentioned steps carefully to counteract Windows detected hard disk problem.
Copying Disk for Backup when Windows Found a Hard Disk Problem
Once Windows finds a hard disk problem, the most significant thing is to back up the confidential data to a safer location as per the recommendation by Microsoft. But how to perform that? In this growing software industry, there are several tools which can serve your purpose effectively in no time. So, download any of them and install that in your computer to create a backup on Windows 7/8/10. Henceforth, go through the below steps to prevent Windows detected a hard disk problem.
- First and foremost thing is that you need to install a free application.
- After that, you need to right-click on source hard drive and then you have to choose Copy feature. Else, you can simply click on Copy Disk present on the left pane.
- After that, you need to choose a targeted hard drive for the purpose of copying the source content.
- Then, you need to press Next in order to continue.
- Next, you need to preview the modifications you made earlier. You will find two options for copy. Choose fit partitions to the whole disk or duplicate the partitions without scaling at the time of disk clone.
It is recommended to select align partition up to 1 MB. This step can enhance performance when it comes to formatting a hard drive or SSD.
- If you like to perform a boot from a target disk, you need to configure the BIOS setting. Then you need to ensure whether the new disk is configured similar to the default boot disk or not.
- Finally, you need to click on Apply in order to run all the changes.
Apart from creating a backup for the entire disk, you can also imitate partitions where you stored significant data. You just need to select a mode on the basis of the requirement. Alongside, we advise you to migrate the system to SSD/HD in Windows 10. This will help you to keep a backup for the operating system and perform a steady recovery from this holocaust.
Fixes for Windows10 Detected a Hard Disk Problem
After you finish a backup, the next step is to search for hard disk problems as well as solutions. Patiently, follow the rest of this article and you will get to know the smart hacks. Below are four effective ways to counteract Windows detected a hard disk problem.
Fix 1: Scanning and Killing Virus
If and when the computer encounters a virus attack, it is obvious that some damage will take place. The virus damage can weaken the system to a large extent. Sometimes, it causes serious threat and tells you about the disk issue to some extent. Generally, a malicious virus is the main concern. Therefore, to secure your PC and prevent unwanted threats you need to download anti-virus software. Next, you need to open it in order to perform a thorough scan. Usually, it happens like when you download any program, it gets affected by spyware or malware. Therefore, it is worthwhile to use antivirus software in order to destroy the virus and clean your desktop on an urgent basis to resolve Windows detected a hard disk problem.
Fix 2: Execute SFC to Repair System File
With the help of SFC, you can easily fix many errors. When there is any problem associated with the disk, you don’t know whether the file is destroyed or not. In those cases, you can easily use System File Checker, also known as SFC, in order to examine system file error and handle integrity issues. It also helps you to fix many issues and is very handy too.
- You need to type cmd in the search box.
- Then you need to right-click available in the search result in order to Select Run as administrator.
- Next, you need to write sfc/scannow and hit Enter.
- After that, you have to wait for some time till the verification gets over. Don’t shut down the Windows till 100% complete message pops up. This command helps in scanning the encrypted system files. Also, it replaces the damaged files along with a backup file when you receive any system file error.
- However, if this command doesn’t serve the purpose, you should go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 3: Running CHKDSK for Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem Fix
Firstly, you need to run Command Prompt as administrator. After that, you need to write chkdsk in order to determine the disk error. However, this command is only suitable for NTFS file system file. Additionally, apart from using the command line, you can try an alternative method to perform a disk check.
- First, you need to open Windows Explorer and after that, you need to right-click on the system partition. Next, you need to choose Properties.
- Then, you need to press the Check button present under the Tools tab.
- Finally, you need to press the Scan drive in order to scan the drive.
If you receive the message ‘Windows detected a hard disk problem’ and is caused due to the system file error, then after finishing the disk check, the issue will get resolved. If you can’t fix Windows has detected a hard disk problem in Windows 7/10 after following the above steps, proceed with the next one.
Fix 4: Surface Test
It is very likely that there is something very unusual with your disk. Therefore, you may receive Windows detected a hard disk problem. In this situation, you must examine all the hard drives in order to ascertain whether there is any presence of bad sectors or not.
How can you Eradicate Hard Disk Warning Problem?
If Windows gives you a warning message when there is no system error, virus attack, and disk error, then the above fixes might not work. Therefore, after performing all the above steps if you still receive this aforementioned message, we suggest you disable the settings. Let’s have a quick look.
- First, you need to press Win key as well as R key.
- Then, you need to type gpedit.msc in the Run box, and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Moreover, you need to navigate to Administrative Templates.
- Then, you need to hover on to the System.
- After that, you need to click on Troubleshooting and Diagnostics.
- Then, you need to click on Disk Diagnostics.
- Next, you need to double-click on Disk Diagnostic: Configure execution level and then make it Disabled.
- Finally, you need to press Apply and then click on OK.
In this article, we have introduced the effective fixes pertaining to Windows detected a hard disk problem. When you encounter such kind of warning messages, you should analyze the principle reasons behind that issue. After that, you need to move ahead with different solutions based on what the case is. By following this article, you can easily combat the aforementioned issue. Moreover, you can refer the user guide to have a quick glance. If you have any innovative idea or suggestion in your mind, provide that in the comment section present at the bottom.