Windows 10 error code 0x8024A105 is one of the common errors that most of the Windows users have encountered. This error code is very annoying and can appear when you download any available update for your system. This error code can also occur during the Windows Update process. You can check the update history and check for any updates that have not been installed. Generally, it can appear when the system files are corrupted. Damaged system files are a serious threat to your computer. Incomplete installations, improper removal of applications are some of the reasons for this particular issue. If your system is fully infected due to the malware infection it can also cause this error.
Whatever the reasons are there, you can easily crack this error code without requiring professional expertise. If you are facing this error, then follow this guideline carefully. Here, you will get effective and easy methods to get rid of this particular error code.
Easy Methods to Eliminate the Windows 10 Error Code 0x8024A105
Now, we are going to discuss some of the effective and easy to implement methods, so that you can easily fix the Windows 10 error code 0x8024A105 on the system. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Method 1 – Run the Update Troubleshooter
This is one of the most important and effective methods to eliminate the Windows Update error 0x8024A105. To complete this method, follow the instructions
- Press the Windows Home button along with the X key to open the menu list. Select the Settings. Alternatively, press the Windows button and S key to launch the Search Panel, type ‘Settings’ and then, hit the Enter button.
- Double click on the ‘Update and Security’ section from the Settings window.
- In that section, move the cursor to the Troubleshoot section in the left side panel, select it.
- Then, scroll down the page and find the Windows Update section.
- Click on the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ option.
- Once it finishes, restart the system and then, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2 – Change User Account Control
If troubleshooting does not automatically resolve the problem, then you can use this method. Sometimes, the problem is caused by Profile Control settings. Some updates fail because the account lacks the required permissions. By changing the User Account Permissions you can easily resolve this problem. If you do not know how you can do that, then follow the steps given below:
- Hold the Windows key + press the R key together to open the Run box.
- Write ‘netplwiz’ in the Run box and then, press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- When the Users section opens, select the User and click on the Properties tab.
- Navigate to the Group Membership and set the level of access to Administrator from the Properties tab,
- Click on the Apply option to save the settings.
- Once you have done, reboot the system and then, try to update.
Method 3 – Resetting the Windows Update Components
By resetting Windows Update components you can resolve the Windows 10 update error code 0x8024A105. Follow the directions as mentioned below:
- Press together Windows Home key and X key to launch the Menu list. Select the Command Prompt(Admin) option.
- In the Command Prompt window, write the following commands and then, press the Enter button after typing each Command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Once it is completed, rename the “SoftwareDistribution folder” and the “Catroot2 folder” in order to force Windows Update to reset its components. Then, again open the Command Prompt and type the following commands and then, hit the Enter button after each one.
- 1st command is ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- 2nd command is ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Once it is executed, now, you have to start the services again. So, what you need to do, again open the Command Prompt, type the following commands and press the Enter button after typing each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Once it is complete, restart the system and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Method 4 – By Using the DISM Tool
DISM tool is the inbuilt tool for Windows. With the help of this tool, you can easily fix the Windows 10 error code 0x8024A105 on your PC. Follow the under mentioned steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and S key to open the Search Panel, type ‘cmd’ and then right click on the search result. Choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option from that menu list.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth’ and then, hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Once it is executed, restart your device.
Method 5 – Customize Windows Update Settings
There is an alternative method that can help you to resolve this error is by customizing the Windows Update settings. The steps are mentioned below:
- Click on the Windows Home button to open the Menu list.
- Select the Settings.
- In the Settings application, go to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Click on the Advanced Options.
- Then, turn on the ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows’.
- Next, scroll down the page and locate the ‘Delivery Optimization’, click on it.
- To enable the ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’ option, turn it on.
- After doing this, reboot your computer and then, try to update the system.
Method 6 – Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, a clean boot can resolve this problem from the system. Follow the directions cited hereunder:
- To open the Run box, by pressing the Windows button and R key.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the Run box, and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- In the System Configuration window, move the cursor to the Services tab, select it.
- Unmark the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ from the Services section.
- After that click on the ‘Disable all option’ and then, click on the OK option.
- Restart your device and check whether the updates properly works without any error.
Method 7 – Update the Drivers
An outdated driver can also cause this error. So, you have to update the driver properly. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Win and X keys to launch the Menu list. Select the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, right click on the ‘Driver’ to open the list and select the Update option. Now, you can see the update process has started.
- Then restart your PC.
Method 8 – Switching the Internet Connection
If restarting the system and all the aforementioned methods does not help, you can try changing the internet connection. If the system is connected to the WiFi and face this problem, then you can use the Ethernet cable and check if the problem is still there or not. Changing internet connectivity helps a lot.
Method 9 – By Using the SFC Tool
Sometimes, the SFC tool can also help you to fix the Windows 10 error code 0x8024A105 on the system. So, you need to run a full scan of the system. The directions are cited below:
- Press the Win + X keys to open the menu list.
- Select the Command Prompt(Admin) option.
- Type ‘SFC/scannow’ in the Command Prompt window and then, press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Once it is done, restart your device and check if the error persists or not.
With the help of the above-mentioned methods, you can easily resolve the Windows 10 error code 0x8024A105 on your PC. Follow these methods carefully and implement the steps to fix this problem. After performing all these steps if the problem still remains, then get in touch a technical expert.