Werfault.exe is an in-built Windows system application or a feature through which Microsoft can track and address errors. These errors can be associated with the operating system, Windows features, and applications.
The main work of this application is to collect error report data. But sometimes this application stops working and fails to perform and we receive Werfault.exe-Application Error.
Most of the time this error code pops up if Werfault.exe Windows 10 is corrupted or deleted from its original location mistakenly. Or, if any virus attacks the system then this error code generates.
But if you repeatedly get this error then you must take some necessary steps to fix this issue. These are the solutions that you can apply and resolve this problem from the root.
Easy Steps to Follow to Fix Werfault.Exe
Here, in this section, we are providing the easy solutions that you can apply while you find a wefault.exe application error.
1. Run SFC Scan
- First, open the Command prompt and run it as administrator.
- Type beside the blinking cursor sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- During the scan process, corrupted files will be detected and replaced.
- Once the process completes, reboot your system and check if the error still persists or not.
2. Disable Windows Error Reporting Service
- Press the Windows button from your keyboard.
- Type in the search bar Run and hit Enter.
- Now type in the run box services.msc and click on OK.
- Search Windows Error Reporting Service and double-click on it.
- In the Properties dialog box, go to the General Tab and set Startup type as Disabled.
- Hit Apply then OK buttons.
Check if you still find the Werfault.exe error code on your system.
3. Use Antivirus Software
If this error occurs due to a virus attack then probably an antivirus can help you in this case. You can try and use Windows Defender.
- Click the start logo and type in the search box Virus and press Enter.
- From the search result, click the Virus and threat protection option.
- Now select Advanced Scan and then Full scan from the Virus and threat protection window.
- Hit the Scan Now button to start scanning the system for malicious programs.
- If Windows Defender detects any virus then hit the Delete button and remove them from your system.
4. Disable Third-party Antivirus Software
Sometimes, this error code may appear due to third-party antivirus software. In this case, you must try to disable this software and check if the issue gets resolved or not. But if the issue is still there then you must uninstall the antivirus software.
5. Use Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Press the Windows button and find Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search box of Windows 10 PC.
- Once you get the pop-up window, hit Restart Now and check for problems.
- If there is any memory-related issue inside your PC, it will fix that problem.
- Once the process completes, check if you still find this error code or not.
6. Reinstall Display Drivers
- Click the Start button and type in the search bar Device Manager.
- Select Device Manager from the menu.
- Locate and expand Display adapters from the interface of Device Manager.
- Right-click the display driver under this section and select the Uninstall device option.
- Once the uninstallation process completes, hit the Action tab from the top panel and select ‘Scan for hardware’ changes.
- Now, Device Manager will reinstall the missing hardware with the latest version.
If your drivers are old and outdated then you might get this Werfault.exe-Application Error. Updating the drivers might solve your issue. You can update the drivers in two ways-manually and automatically.
If you do not have much time then you can go with the automatic option. There are several tools available online. You can choose and download any of them and run the scan.
These tools will help you to find out the problematic drivers. Once you detect the problematic drivers, click on the Update button and download and install the correct version of the driver. In case you want to update all the drivers then click Update All option.
Thus, these steps must be enough to help you resolve the error at the earliest on Windows 10.