Verizon Wireless is an organization is basically a subsidiary telecommunications company that provides wireless services and different products. The parent company of this organization is Verizon Communications. Although it offers different services and products that consists of unique features, even then you may come across certain technical complications errors. One such error that you can encounter is the Verizon error code 9004. In the next section, you will get the reasons for the occurrence of this error.
Why Causes This Critical Error?
This article will provide you with various reasons behind the occurrence of the Verizon Error Code 9004 Have a detailed look below:
- You can get this glitch if the registry files are corrupt somehow.
- If the update procedure on your device is not correctly done then you may encounter this error.
- When WiFi or internet connectivity is malfunctioning, this error code may appear in front of you.
- Due to some malfunction in the wireless drivers and hardware, this error generates.
The upcoming section will give you the possible solutions to resolve this error.
Solutions To Rectify Verizon Error Code 9004
This section of the article will provide you with the various solutions that will help you to rectify this glitch.
Change The Path Of Application Data Within Registry
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu, then from the options list choose the ‘Run’ option. This will show up the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Inside that dialog box beside the ‘Open’ label, type the command “regedit.exe” and tap on the button ‘Enter’. When this command will execute, then it will display the window ‘Registry Editor’.
- Within this window, go to the left panel locate and expand the folder ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER’. Next, choose the folder ‘SOFTWARE’ and again expand it.
- Now, from that folder choose the drop-down arrow to expand it, then choose the sub-folder ‘Windows’ and enlarge it.
- From the list of subfolders within this window, choose the folder ‘CurrentVersion’ and extend it. After that, from the extended list of folders, select the folder ‘Explorer’ and broaden it.
- In the ‘Explorer’ folder, there are different types of folders. Out of those folders select the ‘User Shell Folders’. Then go to the right-hand side of that window and double-click on the key ‘AppData’.
- Next, you will get a dialog box named ‘Edit String’. In it, change the default path under the label ‘Value data’ with the path of your own local profile.
- Now, tap on the ‘OK’ button. Reboot your machine.
- At last, when your machine boots up, then inspect if you are still getting this error or not.
Update Your Windows Operating System
In order to rectify the Verizon Error Code 9004, you will have to update the Windows OS correctly. If you do not perform this process in the proper way then there is a possibility for you encounter this issue.
- First, tap on the ‘Start’ menu in the taskbar, then just above the ‘Power’ button choose ‘Gear’ icon to open the ‘Settings window.
- In that window, locate and choose the category ‘Update & Security’. After that, you will see a new window with the heading ‘Windows Update’.
- Within this window, you will see a button ‘Check for updates’. Now, in order to update the OS tap on this button. It will look for any updates available for downloading.
- If any updates are present, then it will automatically get downloaded. Once the download is over, choose the ‘Install’ button.
- When all updates are installed, then just simply restart your machine and see if the problem gets rectified or not.
Use A Reliable Software
You can even correct the corrupt registry files by using a reliable software.
- First, open a web browser, then search for the reliable software that helps you to rectify the registry problems. From the search result, choose the most popular free software.
- After that, download the reliable software from the internet and install it. In order to correctly install this application, follow the on-screen information.
- When the procedure of installation is over, then click on the ‘Scan’ button. This will look for any corrupt or missing files. If there are any malicious files available, it will be appear on the list.
- Next, tap on the button ‘Repair All’ to rectify every registry files present in the system. This process will take some time to complete.
- When all the corrupt registry files are correctly fixed, restart your computer.
Update The Wireless Driver
- First, choose the ‘Start’ menu. Next, go to ‘Search’ text area and tap on it. Within this text area, type Device Manager. Now, from the output of search choose the first option. This will open the ‘Device Manager’ window.
- Within this window, locate and extend the category ‘Network adapters’. Among the list of sub-options, double-click on the installed ‘Wireless Adapter’ within your machine.
- When you do this, it will open the ‘Properties’ window of that specific wireless adapter.
- Choose the tab ‘Driver’ in this window and click on the ‘Update Driver’ button.
- In the new dialog box, choose the first option ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ among the two options available.
- Once you click on the option then the OS will look for any updates available for this driver on the internet. If it is there then that will be shown in the list and you will have to tap on the ‘Update’ button to install the update for this driver. If the driver is already updated then you will see the message ‘Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed.’.
In order to know get fixed Verizon error code 9004, you will have to follow the steps very carefully. Now, if you cannot solve the error even after following all the steps in the above section then post your comments and doubts without any hesitation.