Twitch is one of the well-known live video streaming platforms used by many users throughout the globe. With this popular video streaming platform, you can stream video games, E-Sports, music broadcasts and much more. One of the biggest advantages of using this platform is that the contents on this platform can either be viewed Live or via video on demand. But, recently it has been found that a lot of Twitch users have complained that they are unable to access any Live stream on the site. Thus, at that time, they come across an error message that displays Twitch 5000 content not available.
If you are one of those users who come across this error, then this article is exclusively for you. In this article, we are going to explain the reasons because of which this error can be triggered. Apart from that, we will also provide you with some viable solutions to ensure complete elimination of the error.
Probable Causes Which Led to Twitch Error 5000 Content Not Available:
The Twitch 5000 content not available error can be triggered in your device due to multiple reasons. Let’s take a look at some of the prominent reasons which led to this error:
- Due to the presence of excessive cache and cookies: Generally, the caches and cookies are stored by the applications and excessive presence of it decreases the loading times. Even sometimes, this cache can be corrupted and cause problems with the application. Thus, it causes issues with loading certain websites.
- Conflict with certain extension: Sometimes, due to a certain extension installed on your browser, it might conflict with certain programs on your device. This ultimately causes the issue.
- Experiencing problems with the browser: However, if the browser that you are choosing to connect to the site is having certain issues, then also you might come across this error.
- DNS issue: On the other hand, if your internet is experiencing any sort of DNS problems or if the DNS that you are using is corrupted, then this issue occurs.
By now, you must have known the causes which led to this troublesome error in your Twitch account. So, we will be moving on towards the next section of this article where the solutions have been discussed.
Effective Procedures to Fix Twitch 5000 Content Not Available Error:
You can go through this section of the article carefully to know all the best tips and tricks to overcome this error. You might follow one procedure and if it fails, then move on to the next one. So, now take a glance at the most effective procedures:
Procedure 1: Clear Cookies and Cache
Generally, the cache and cookies in the browser decrease the loading time of the application. But sometimes, if the cookies or cache become corrupted, it might lead you to Twitch 5000 content not available issue. Therefore, the best way is to clear the cookies and the caches on the browser in order to get rid of this error.
- First of all, click on the “Menu” button which is present at the top right side of the browser.
- Now, choose the “Settings” option from the dropdown Menu.
- Next, scroll down below and click on “Advanced.“
- After that, go to the end of the “Privacy & Security” heading and click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- From there, select the “All Time“ option.
- You need to check both the “Caches image and files” and “Cookies and other site data” options.
- Further, choose the “Clear data” option.
After choosing this option, it will clear all the cookies and the cache. Then, you need to open the site and check to verify if the problem still persists or not.
Procedure 2: Try to Disable Extensions
There are certain extensions on the browser which are responsible for causing issues during loading the streams on the Twitch website. Thus, here you need to disable all the extensions on the browser. Also, after disabling, ensure that any extension is not interfering with the site. For that, go through the steps provided below:
- At first, go to the top right side of the browser and click on the “Menu” button. Then, move the cursor to the “More Settings” option.
- Further, you need to choose “Extensions” option. This will certainly open up the list of extensions that are being installed on the browser.
- After that, be sure that you have disabled all the extensions and especially, the “Ghostery” one.
Thus, now you can try to open the website as soon as the extension of the browser have been disabled and verify if the issue still persists.
Procedure 3: Flush the DNS
The browser uses this DNS feature as a sort of phone book for the internet. Additionally, this DNS also helps in translating the addresses of a site to an IP address. Also, it is being used for connecting to the site. Usually, this internet connection has certain DNS settings allocated but if this DNS become corrupted, then you might encounter Twitch error 5000 content not available. So, follow these steps to flush the DNS.
- In the beginning, go to the “Search bar” and there type “Command Prompt.“
- Then, right–click on the “Command Prompt” icon and choose “Run as Administrator“ option.
- Doing this will open a Command Prompt and there you need to type “ipconfig/flushdns“.
- It will completely initialize and flush the DNS caches.
Procedure 4: Change the Browser
Sometimes, it also happens that the browser you are using to connect to the site might be having some issues and thus, the users are experiencing issues in doing so. Therefore, it is advised to change the browser that you are using to connect to the service. This will solve the issue if there is a problem is with the browser. So, now try to connect to the site and check if the issue still persists or not.
Hopefully, by performing the above methods, you will be able to solve the Twitch 5000 content not available issue. But, if you find any difficulty in performing any of the procedures described above, then you can comment in the box provided at the end of this post. Furthermore, if you still fail to fix the issue, then the best way is to opt for an expert’s assistance.