Toshiba satellite won’t connect to WiFi is a common problem for every Toshiba laptop users. Most of the users who work through Windows OS reported about this issue. The problem may happen due to a fault within the system driver. The improper installation of the driver can also be a major reason behind this error. If you are dealing with this kind of issue then, this guide is for you. Here, we are going to discuss some of the efficient solutions which can help you to resolve the trouble.
Easy Hacks to Fix Toshiba Satellite Won’t Connect to WiFi
Here we are going to discuss some of the easy solutions which will help you to fix the Toshiba satellite laptop won’t connect to WiFi issue. Go through this section to know about the easy tricks and tips to fix the issue on your own.
Solution 1: Restart the Modem and Router
The problem may get resolved by just restarting the modem or the router. Here, are the steps which will help you to do this.
- At first, you need to remove the cables from both modem and router.
- After that, you have to wait a few minutes.
- Then, plug in the modem back with its power socket. If the modem is not connected with the power socket then, you may need to press the Power button on it.
- Then, wait a few minutes. Plug in your router back in. If your router doesn’t power on, you may need to press the Power button to turn it on.
- Then, wait for sometimes and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Restart the Toshiba Laptop
You can resolve the problem by restarting the laptop. If your laptop cannot connect with the WiFi network, then you should try to restart the system and then, reboot your device. Finally, see if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Reset the WiFi driver
Sometimes, this problem may appear when the WiFi adapter encounters some disputes with other devices and hence there is a sudden interruption. As a result, your laptop would not be able to connect to the WiFi. If this is your problem then, you should follow the steps which are described below.
- To do it, at first, you have to press the Windows logo key from your keyboard. Tap the Pause button.
- After that, click on the Device Manager option
- Then, double-click on the Network Adapters.
- And then, right-click on the WiFi driver software and select the Uninstall Device.
- After, completing all the steps, which are mentioned above, restart your laptop. Finally, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Update the WiFi Driver
In order to update the WiFi driver, try to perform the following tasks:
- At first, click the start button and locate the search bar.
- In the search bar, search for ‘Update Drivers’.
- You will be able to see a list of drivers in your computer, from that list, try to choose your WiFi driver.
- Once you locate it, try to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process. After completing the updating procedure, install it to your device and restart it.
- After performing these steps, you will be able to resolve the matter on your own.
Solution 5: Renew the IP Address
Sometimes, the problem may happen due to the problem with the IP address. The problem might fix by renewing the IP address of your laptop. Here are the steps to do it:
- At first, you have to press and hold the Windows logo key from your keyboard. After that, you need to press the R button, which will help you to launch the Run dialog box.
- After that, type ‘cmd’ and hit the Enter button from your keyboard
- Then, you have to open the black window and type ‘ipconfig /release’ and hit the Enter button from your keyboard, after that, wait for a few minutes to complete the commands.
- When you have completed the commands now proceed by typing ‘ipconfig /renew ‘and then, press the Enter button. Wait for a few minutes to complete the command.
Solution 6: Temporarily Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus Software
The problem may happen due to any third party software, pre-installed in your laptop. If all the above-mentioned steps do not help you to resolve the problem then, you should temporarily disable the antivirus software. Check if your laptop is connected with your WiFi connection or not.
Hopefully, this article has helped you to resolve the problem with Toshiba satellite won’t connect to WiFi. If you like our content then, you can visit our website to get more information related to Toshiba laptop problem.