Command Prompt is the command-line interpreter which comes in use to fix many of the common problems which occur in the Windows Operating System. However, while executing a command in the Command Prompt window, you get the error message “System error 5 has occurred” in place of Command was executed successfully, then you can read this article further. This article will help you to know every single detail of your query regarding the error message. So, check it out.
The Command Prompt window can be opened simply or with the Administrator Privileges. A few of the commands need the Command Prompt window with the Administrator priveleges only to run a task. Such commands will not be executed on the Command Prompt window without the Administrative rights. And if you try to run them on that window of the Command Prompt, then you will probably get the “System error 5 has occurred access is denied” error message on the black background window. If this is the case, nothing to worry. After following the thorough instruction of this article, you will get the error resolved.
About the “System error 5 has occurred” Error Message on Command Prompt window:
A lack of complete knowledge regarding the commands can lead to such an error message on the screen. Every command is not allowed by the simple Command Prompt to execute, in such case, you need to run the Command Prompt window with the administrator privilege. But, this is what is not known to many of the users and that effect in such an error on the screen. Now, the question is how to open the Administrator Command Prompt to run such special commands. To know the answer to this question, you need to check the below section of this article, which is the solution for the error message as well.
The Solution of the “System error 5 has occurred” Error Message: How to Launch Administrator: Command Prompt?
By launching the Command Prompt with the administrator privileges, you will get the error resolved. And you will see that the task which you want to perform is done successfully, by running that command on the administrator privileges Command Prompt window. So, let’s now see how to open the Administrator: Command Prompt window.
There are different ways by which you can open the Administrator: Command Prompt window, and are as follows:
Common Method to Open Administrator: Command Prompt for Both the Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) Users
These below are the steps, by utilizing which you can get the Administrator: Command Prompt titled window open on the screen. And with the help of the window, you will able to execute the command successfully, which gave you the error 5 on the normal Command Prompt window. So, let’s begin:
- At first, navigate the mouse pointer onto the Windows logo and click on it. Alternatively, you can just press down the Windows logo button from the keyboard to open the search bar.
- Next, on the search bar type “cmd”, without giving quotations as you see here. Here, we use the quotations, to make you identify the text which you need to enter on the search bar.
- After that, navigate the mouse pointer onto the topmost search result, that is either cmd or Command Prompt. And then right-click on it.
- Next, from the appeared menu window, select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Further, you need to click on the Yes button, on the UAC window.
That is the overall steps, you need to follow to get the Administrator: Command Prompt window open. Now, on the Administrator: Command Prompt window, try to execute the command by writing that over the window, and pressing the Enter key after that. Hopefully, now you will get your desired results with the command using the Administrator: Command Prompt window.
Special Method to Open Administrator: Command Prompt for Windows 8, 8.1 and10 Users
If you are using the developed version of Windows, that is, 8, 8.1 or 10 then, you can try this method as well to open the Administrator: Command Prompt window. And the steps to follow are as below. So, check them out:
- At first, take the mouse pointer onto the Windows logo and then right-click on it, to get a menu window. Alternatively, press the Windows and the letter X button at a time to get the menu window.
- After that, from the list of options under the menu window, click on “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Then, select the “Yes” button on the User Account Control window, which gets pop-up after clicking on the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option.
That’s it, to get the Administrator: Command Prompt window open.
Now, in this Command Prompt window, enter the command which you want to execute and tried earlier on the simple Command Prompt. Then, press the Enter button and check if the issue gets resolved.
Another Way to Open the Administrator: Command Prompt, i.e. via Windows/ File Explorer to Fix the “System error 5 has occurred” Error
The steps to open the Administrator: Command Prompt from the Windows/ File Explorer folder are as follows:
- At first, click on the Windows/ File Explorer folder from the taskbar panel to get the File Explorer window open. Alternatively, Press down the Windows and the letter E key both at a time to get the same result window.
- Then, from this File Explorer window, open the parent drive of your computer, that is the C:\ drive, by double-click on it.
Next, from the available folders under the C:\ drive, open “Windows”.
- After that, scroll down the window, to get the “System 32” named folder, and then double-click on it to get it open.
- Now, again scroll down the window, and locate the “cmd.exe” application under it. And then, right-click on the “cmd.exe” application and from the menu window select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Then, on the User Account Control window, which gets pop-up, select the “Yes” button, to get the Administrator: Command Prompt window open.
- Now, hopefully, you will able to execute your desired command over it, without getting the “System error 5 has occurred” error message.
All these are the complete information regarding the “System error 5 has occurred” topic. Hopefully, after a complete study of this article, your all doubts along with the problem gets resolved. If you have any more queries regarding the error, then you can leave a comment in the section given below.