At the time of using Windows OS many times, we have seen that users face several kinds of problems. Especially, at the time of updating Windows, you can often face the irritating error code 0xc1900208. If you are already facing such a problem, then you are in the accurate place where you will get the complete guide to resolve the error in real time without any hassle. For that, read the entire article carefully and perform the steps that are stated in the next part of the article.
Common Symptoms that you might face Because of Error Code 0xc1900208:
- You will be unable to complete the Windows updating process
- And, you will get a dialog box that will appear on your computer screen with an error Code 0xC1900208.
Reasons for Windows Update Error Code 0xc1900208
We have seen that behind the error code 0xc1900208, a non-compatible program or application, that you have recently installed to your device, generally plays an important role.
Easy and Effective Fixes of Error Code 0xc1900208
You can easily fix this common issue whether you have any professional skills or not. But, before using these fixes you need to try a compatibility test.
- First, of all, you have to check that the installed application that you have in your computer is compatible with the Operating System. And in any case, if you find that there is any compatibility issue with any program, you have to remove the program at once. After that, if you see that you have failed to resolve the issue by locating and removing one incompatible program, then you need to check all the other apps in the system for compatibility issue.
- Along with that, you have to check and ensure that all of the installed software and programs are either no longer supported or not outdated. You need to fix or remove the problematic software or programs that are unused or outdated.
- Many times, we have seen that checking the Windows system drivers have also proved itself helpful at the time of fixing the issue. That is why you need to ensure the fact that all of the device drivers are updated and are compatible with the version of the Windows Operating System. In case, if you get to see any outdated and incompatible device drivers, then you should replace or update that in order to resolve the problem.
Method 1: Check for the Compatibility Issue
To check the compatibility follow the upcoming steps and implement them with ease.
First of all, you have to go to the Windows icon to check the status of the upgrade that you will find on the right side of the taskbar. Here, you will be able to get the accurate version of the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Once you are done with the first step, on the upper left side, you can find three lines that are on top of one another. You will get to a drop-down menu with the help of this. And, from the drop-down menu, you will be able to find the option that will help you to check the compatibility of your computer.
After finishing step 2, you will see that the Windows run a check to verify the compatibility of the OS version. When the process will get complete, you will get a pop-up window displaying the results.
Additionally, you will get the list of incompatible hardware and software, if there are any.
If you find any incompatible application, you should uninstall or remove it from the computer. And to do so, follow the upcoming steps:
First of all, you have to open the Control Panel and there, you have to choose the option ‘Programs’. After that, from the given option you have to select ‘Programs and Features’. And, from here, you have to locate the app in the menu or queue, that you need to remove from the system. And then, right-click the app and click on the Uninstall option.
Method 2: Perform a Clean Boot
If the above method fails to work for you, then you need to perform this method in order to resolve the problem. And in this method, you have to perform a clean boot. With the help of this method, you will be able to eliminate incompatible or problematic software. And to do so, we have provided some easy steps. Follow them one by one and try to resolve the Windows update error code.
- To start the process, first of all, you have to go to the Run dialogue box and to do so you have to press the Windows key and R key, simultaneously.
- And then in that box, you need to type the command ‘msconfig’ and after that hit the option OK.
- After that, you will get to see, the Configuration Window. In that window, you should open the Services tab along with that, you have to mark the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check-box.
- Once you are done with the above step you have to switch to the Startup tab, after hitting the Disable option.
- Now, you have to click on Next and then, you should hit the link ‘ Open Task Manager’ and then, again go to the Startup tab. After that, you have to select Disable option after hitting each and every Startup item.
- Finally, exit from the Task Manager and hit the OK option that you will find on the System Configuration window. And after finishing the task, reboot your computer to implement the recent changes.
Method 3: Resetting Windows Update Components
After the completion of Method 2, if you are still stuck to the problem, then try to resolve the error with the help of this method.
And to perform the steps you have to open Command Prompt as the ‘Administrator’. And to do so, first of all, go to the Start button. After that, type ‘cmd’ and then, choose the option to open as an administrator.
And now, over the Command Prompt, you have to run the below-given commands one by one. The commands will help you to stop the Windows Update related services. You need to run these commands separately and to do so, you need to click the Enter key after typing each of the commands as stated below:
‘net stop bits’
‘net stop wuauserv’
Then, ‘net stop appidsvc’
Finally, ‘net stop cryptsvc’
When the Windows update services will stop, you need to rename the ‘software distribution’ folder backup copies.
And for that, you have to run the below stated commands one by one carefully:
“ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak”
“ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak”
Finally, you can start the Windows Update Services once again and for that, you need to run the upcoming commands:
“net start bits”
“net start wuauserv”
Then,“net start appidsvc”
Finally,“net start cryptsvc”
Once you are done with the steps, you have to restart your computer and then, you can try to update the OS.
Hope, after performing the above-mentioned procedures, you are able to get rid of error code 0xc1900208. After applying the methods, you can express your view and post it in the comment box.