Error code 0xc004f074 is the Windows error which is basically a Windows activation error or it appears with some description that is stated in the section below:
“Error code 0xc004f074: The Key Management Server(KMS) is unavailable”. The problem comes up due to corrupt or incorrect registry settings. Moreover, if there are some duplicate or temporary files present on the system, the error code appears on your PC. In addition, if you forgot to active the Windows and as a result, the Windows activation failed error code 0xc004f074 appears on your computer.
There are various methods that you can apply in order to fix the issue when you confront the error code on your PC. Here, you just you need to follow the steps below very carefully and apply them to get rid of this situation and you can easily activate the Windows products.
Easy Ways to Eliminate Error Code 0xc004f074
The error code 0xc004f074 is one of the most frustrating issues of the Windows operating system. However, it contains simple and straightforward methods which help you to solve the issue without any problem. Try the methods and apply them accordingly:
Solution 1: Use the slmgr.vbs Command
With the help of the slmgr.vbs command, you can fix the error code 0xc004f074 with ease. To perform the action, follow the steps mentioned in the section below:
At first, press the Start button and type in the “cmd” in search bar to open the Command Prompt. Then, right -click on it to Run as Administrator.
To proceed further, press Yes button. In the command box, type “slmgr.vbs –ipk YYYYY- YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY” command in this format. In place of ’ Y ‘, you need to put the product key number. After that, click on the Enter button to execute the command.
In the next section, open the command prompt window again and enter the command “slmgr.vbs –ato” in the command box. Once done, press the Enter button and restart your PC. Finally, check whether the error code still there or not.
Solution 2: Run SFC Scan
The SFC scan or System File Checker helps to repair the damaged registry files. If you found that, the error code still there after performing the above solution, then this solution can solve the issue.
To complete the SFC scan, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned in the following section:
- At first, launch the Command Prompt by pressing the Start button and typing cmd in the search bar.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “sfc/scannow” and hit the Enter key. Then, the SFC scan tool will scan your device. After completing the process, it will show the damage files of your device. It will find out if there are any corrupted files present in the system.
- Once done, hit the Enter button and try to update the Windows Firewall and check whether the error 0xc004f074 Windows 10.
Solution 3: Run the Update and Activation Troubleshooter
In general, the activation failed with exception code 0xc004f074 office 2016 occurs when you install the fresh version of Windows as well as Office 2016 in your computer. Then running the Update troubleshooter will help you to resolve the issue. To do it, at first, move to the Settings option and head over to the Update & Security option. From that section select Troubleshooter and then Windows Update option to run the Troubleshooter.
If the problem does not solve, then run the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter at the same time. To execute the process, wait for a couple of time. After completing the process, restart your system and check if the error code still exists or not.
Solution 4: Use the Slui 3 Command
Another effective solution is to type the command “Slui 3” in the Command Prompt window and resolve the issue. To do so:
- Initially, select the Windows key and “R” at the same time to open the Run dialog box. In the Run box, type “Slui 3” and hit the Enter button.
- In the next tab, the product key of your operating system will appear on the system screen.
- Meanwhile, left-click on the product key and press the Activate button. After that, restart the system and see if your computer still has the error 0xc004f074.
So, the methods that are discussed in the above section will help you to solve the error code 0xc004f074 and you can activate Windows operating system without any trouble. In case, if you have any additional queries regarding this, let us know by posting them in the comment section below.