Frequently many users encounter the System Service Exception error on their Windows 10 computer. It usually appears with the BSOD or Blue Screen of Death along with a description about the recurring error.
It’s totally different than the older version of the popular Windows Operating System (OS). There’s a full description by which you can easily fix such an issue the moment it appears on the system.
In this article, we are about to examine the exception error and solve it with all the possible methods. You will get all the details about why the error appears on the system, what is it that you should in order to fix it.
Here, you will even come to know that how you are going to stop this error from happening again in the future. So, Let’s move on to the perspective and solve it.
Useful Solutions to Fix System Service Exception
A lot of reasons might be responsible for the error that you have encountered on the system. If there is something wrong with the graphical user interface, corrupted system files, or if there are some issues with the drivers, then you might face up with it.
The outdated or corrupted drivers hold the prime responsibility behind the occurrence of the system_service_exception.
Whatsoever, in this section, you will be able to solve the error as we are going to discuss all the solutions for that. Provided that, there’s a wide range of potential reasons can cause the error. As there are so many reasons, there should be that many solutions as well. So, don’t worry, you are going to know all about this error code and its solutions.
Update the OS
Amidst all the possible solutions that can solve the error, updating the OS to its latest version comes at the top. Windows Update is there that can help you solve a lot of errors from the system.
Microsoft constantly provides some updates to all of its Operating Systems to fix several issues on it. From fixing numerous bugs to outdated system files, all is done through this Windows Update.
Therefore, while you face such unexpected errors on the system, updating the OS to its latest version could possibly solve the error. If there is an update available on the system, then you should do it immediately.
This is one of the quite easy tasks that you can do without facing any kind of problem. To update the Windows 10 to its latest version, follow the steps as mentioned in the below section:
- At first, press the Windows key along with the I key from the keyboard to open the Settings menu.
- As the Settings menu opens up, click on the Update and Security section from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After that, from the left panel, select the Windows Update and click on it. In the Windows update menu, if there’s an update available then do so.
In the update menu, you will see two options, either Check for Updates or Install Updates on the same button. If the system didn’t check for the updates, then the title of the button will be Check for Updates.
You can click on it to check for updates and if available, then install them. Afterward, restart the system and check if the System Service Exception Windows 10 error still exists on it. If it does, then follow the next solution.
Update System Drivers on your Computer
By simply updating the OS, the drivers get updated too but in some cases, they are not. However, automating the entire process will help the drivers to be updated. It will be less likely that they fall behind from their recommended versions.
In such cases, you need to update them manually from the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps as discussed in the section underneath.
- Press the Windows and I key together to open the Windows Search Box in Windows 10 OS.
- As the search box appears on the screen, type in Device Manager and open the same. To do that, select it from the search results and click on it to proceed with the further steps.
- It will open the Device Manager from where you have to the Disk drives option and expand it. After expanding the drive section, right-click on the appeared item and select the Update Driver option from the queue window.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update automatically without facing any trouble.
If you are done with the steps, then you could possibly have solved the stop code System Service Exception error on the system by now. It will allow you not only update the driver but also get rid of the annoying error.
You should also check for all the drivers which have a yellow alert icon at the top them. Once you find them, update them by following the same steps as you did for the disk drives.
In the system_service_exception error, there are many solutions and the above two methods didn’t help you out, then try this one. By running the CHKDSK from the command prompt, you can get rid of the error. If you have no idea how you can do that, then don’t worry, follow the steps:
- Open the Windows Search box by pressing the key combination of Windows and S keys.
- After the Windows Search menu appears, type in Command Prompt in the search box to get to it.
- Right click on the first search result or Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator to open with it with that access.
- Afterward, you need to type in the following line of command and hit the Enter key to complete the operation.
- It will take some time to complete the disk checking operation, so wait until it’s done.
With the steps as mentioned in the above section, you should have successfully run the Check Disk utility on your computer. This is how you can run that utility and solve the error you have encountered.
The utility will not only help you scan the entire system but also fix whatever issues are there along the way.
Run the SFC and DISM
Sounds like the check disk utility couldn’t help you, right? However, don’t worry here, we are going to inform you about the two other solutions. Either of them should be enough to help you rid the error. There’s another Windows system tool available named as System File Checker or SFC.
You can always use this tool and recover whatever corrupt files are there on the system. After using the SFC tool, you should be able to fix the System Service Exception error on the BSOD of your Windows 10 computer. From the following section, you will become familiar with all the steps to run the SFC.
- At first, open a Command Prompt with the Administrative Privileges by following the steps as described in the previous section.
- After that, type in the following command in the CLI and press the Enter key to execute it.
The process will take a few minutes to complete as the tool will be scanning the entire file structure of the system for corrupt files. Once it completes the scanning process, check for the existence of the error. If the error continues to appear on the system, then try out the DISM checker.
DISM is nothing but an abbreviation of the Deployment Image Servicing and Management and it can help you restore the health of the system. To run the DISM utility, write the following command in the Command Prompt (Admin) and press Enter to execute it.
DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
After successful execution of the above command, you should be able to fix the error appeared on the BSOD. The error should not stay on the system any longer as you have restored the health of the system.
This is it then, here we are at the end of our discussion on the process of solving the System Service Exception error on your Windows 10 computer. Sometimes, installing the Windows Hotfix tool can also help you get rid of the error.
Whatsoever, throughout the article, you have come across several facts about the error and its solutions. We hope, they were sufficient to help you solve the issue and take you out of the BSOD. Thank you.