PlayStation users often complain that sometimes they are unable to start or install some games and thus encounter PS4 error CE-35694-7. This error code states that there is not enough space on the hard drive of your device. As a result, you are unable to play or download a specific game in your PS4 device once you come across this error in your PC. Thus, you need to free up disk space in order to install one or more games on your device. We have enclosed some of the effective ways to fix this error on your device.
Prominent Methods to Fix PS4 Error CE-35694-7 on your own:
We have discussed some of the simple ways to eliminate this error without taking external assistance. Now it’s your turn to pick up the most suitable method for yourself.
Method 1: Delete Games And Other Apps That are No Longer Needed
The deletion of games and applications depends upon the amount of space required for installing your favorite app. Thus, identify the games and apps that you hardly use in order to delete them.
Note: If you delete the games and apps by going through the following steps, then you can re-download them from the library section of your device. Else, you can copy them from a physical disk if you ever need them.
- Turn on your device and access the dashboard section. Press ‘X’ to open the Settings icon.
- Now, access the ‘System Storage Management’ screen and select ‘Applications.’
- Press the ‘X’ button and then ‘Options’ and ‘Delete’ buttons one after the other.
- Select the specific applications and games that you would like to delete.
- Then, tap the ‘Options’ button and hit the ‘Delete’ button to start deleting the selected items.
- Now see whether you can install your favorite game or not. If the installation fails again, then you will need to free up more space on your device. Thus, you need to delete some more unimportant apps and games.
If nothing happens after trying out this trick, then move your way to the next method.
Method 2: Perform a System Storage Status Check
If the PS4 error CE-35694-7 arises in spite of sufficient space on the hard disk, then there are chances of PS4 glitch. This glitch prevents the Operating system in determining the availability of storage space. This problem can commonly occur when you connect an external storage hard drive to your device. Hence, you can force check a System Storage status during the boot process of the system to fix this error. So, perform a system storage status check by the following steps:
- First, connect the DualShock 4 controller into your PS4 system through a USB cable and power on the system.
- Press the Power button three to four times until a short beep is audible and the LED light turns on.
- After that, release the Power button and wait until all charge drains out from the system.
- The PlayStation enters into the System Storage Status check procedure and displays the same within a few minutes.
- Once the process is finished, the PS4 will restart on its own.
- After the system boots up, try to play or install the game from the PlayStation to ensure that the problem is solved.
Method 3: Rebuild the PS4 Database
If the first two methods are ineffective in fixing the error, then it’s time to try out this method. Hope, it is definitely going to work for you. You need to initialize your PS4 system to rebuild your console database. Since it works as a factory reset, there are chances of losing data saved on your device. Thus, we would ask you to back up the PS4 system before proceeding to carry out the initialization process. Hence, you can save your applications, games, and other stuff on iCloud or an external USB stick. After creating the backup, follow the steps discussed below:
- Us the Ribbon menu at the top of your dashboard to access the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the ‘Initialization’ section and press the ‘X’ button.
- From the ‘Initialization’ menu, navigate to the ‘Initialize PS4’ option and check the ‘Full’ box.
- Tap the ‘X’ button to commence the initialization and wait until the process is over.
- When the progress bar of the initialization process disappears, try to install the particular game again.
- You aren’t going to encounter the PS4 error code CE-35694-7 if you have resolved the issue.
Hope that at least one of the solutions will definitely work for you and eliminate the PS4 error CE-35694-7 permanently from your PC. If not, then mention the same in the comment section below and we will try to get back to you as quickly as possible. Even if a solution works, then make it a point to share your experience with us.