The printer driver error 0X00000002 is one of the most common error codes that occur due to misconfigured system files installed in your Windows Operating system. It is one of the hexadecimal formats of the errors that has a numeric code number and technical descriptions. This error is much harmful to your system as it crashes the system files on your Windows PC. Basically, this error occurs due to an improper deletion of applications or because of hardware issues. Sometimes an improper shutdown of the computer can also trigger this annoying error code. So, if you are encountering this error and don’t know what to do and how to resolve this issue, then this article is absolutely crucial for you. In this content, we will present all the probable causes and efficient fixes to resolve this error in no time.
Probable Causes for Printer Driver Error 0X00000002
There are multiple probable causes for this printer driver error 0X00000002. One of the major causes for this error is due to a Windows system file damage or corruption. Sometimes an incomplete installation and uninstallation of an application can also result in this error code on your printer. If your computer has recovered from a malware attack or from an improper shutdown of the computer, then you can get the printer driver was not installed error 0x00000002 on your screen. But there are few ways that help you to resolve this error in a prompt way. In the below section, we will elaborate on how to fix a printer driver error 0X00000002.
Troubleshooting methods to Resolve Printer Driver Error 0X00000002
We have listed some of the most effective troubleshooting methods to resolve the printer driver error 0X00000002 in the easiest way. We recommend you to try either one or all of the solutions until you have the problem fixed.
Method 1: Try Restarting the Print Spooler Service
A print spooler service is a software program installed on your Windows that helps to manage all the print jobs that were sent to the printer server. Sometimes the spooler service goes faulty and that’s why you need to restart the service to let your printer work again. Below are the steps to perform the task.
- Turn on your computer and press Windows+R key simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “Services.msc” in the command box and then click OK or simply press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Print spooler option from the page and double-click on it to view the service status.
- Click on the Stop button at the bottom of the pop-up page, and then, click on the Start button to start the service again.
- At last, click on the OK button and then on Apply to save the changes.
Restart your computer and printer and check whether the error code 0X00000002 is resolved. If it still persists, then try another method below.
Method 2: Build a New Local Port
A TCP and UDP are the destination port sockets that helps to connects a direct external print server. But sometimes, the port number fails or changes itself that causes trouble to connect the printer back again. Hence, you must create a new local port to rid out of this error code.
- Turn on your computer and navigate to the Windows search box and open Control Panel.
- Click on the Device and Printer option that is located on the left corner of the menu and then click on Add a Printer option from the top of the window.
- Now, login to the computer as an administrator and select Add a network to create a new local port.
- Change the Type of the Port to the Local Port, and then, click on Next button and enter a Port name in the box.
- Enter the format \\IP address or the Computer Name\Printer’s Name in the port box and click on Next button to select the printer’s model.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click on OK to finish adding the printer.
Now, restart your printer and check whether the error is resolved or not. If the issue still persists, try another method below.
Method 3: Delete the Printer’s Driver and Install it Again
A faulty or corrupted driver is one of the significant reasons for a multitude of issues. Therefore, it is essential to delete all the outdated or the corrupted drivers and install the fresh ones. Following are the steps to do so.
- Turn on your computer and press Windows+R key together on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “printmanagement.msc” in the Run box and tap the Enter key on your keyboard or simply click on OK.
- Navigate to All Drivers from the top-left corner of the window and click on it.
- Now, right-click on the Printer Driver option from the right pane of the window and click on Delete, once the pop-up menu appears on the screen.
- Once you delete the corrupted driver, open a web browser and navigate to the manufacturer’s website of your printer.
- Navigate to the Printer’s Driver section and enter the model number of your printer to proceed.
- This will show you the most recent driver compatible with your printer. Click on the application and then click on the Download button below to download the .exe file. Save the file to a particular drive.
- Now, once the download completes, double-click the file to extract it, and then, click on Extract all. Now, follow the on-screen instructions and click on Next to run the application.
This process will take some time to install the printer’s driver. Once you are done with the installation process, restart your computer and check whether the printer is working in the previous state. If you are still unable to connect with your printer, try another method below.
Method 4: Delete the Subkey
A subkey is a hierarchical database containing application and services that help to run the Windows system. In some cases, the subkey being critical is the reason that causes an error for the external hardware like a printer. Therefore, you need to delete the subkey to get rid of this error code 0X00000002.
- Turn on your computer and open the Run command box by pressing Windows+R at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, type “regedit” in the run command box and press Enter or simply click on OK button to proceed.
- Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE print provider option and right-click on Client Side Rendering Print Provider and choose the Delete option.
Once you delete the subkey or a corrupted registry file, your printer will no longer be affected with the error code 0X00000002.
These are some of the effective methods to resolve “printer driver was not installed error 0x00000002.” You can try one or all the methods until you have the problem fixed. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to resolve a printer driver error 0X00000002. In case, the error still persists or you are unable to resolve this error, then there might be some other hardware issues or any technical faults. In that case, it’s better you take an expert’s help or technical support. If you find the article helpful or have any suggestions or fixes to resolve this particular error, then let us know by dropping a message at the comment section below.