While you are connecting the external drive via USB port, then facing any system issue is quite common for all the Windows users. If you want to include the external hard drives without formatting, then you can encounter this annoying issue. Hence, you can see an unexpected error message, “Parameter is Incorrect” on display and you get stuck in system restore operation also. Moreover, it can appear in various ways such as “Drive is not accessible and the Parameter is incorrect”, “Error- Cannot Copy File: The parameter is incorrect”. Therefore, you won’t able to see the external drive further and the device performance starts to degrade due to some internal error. However, we are going to discuss some of the crucial methods to fix this unexpected issue permanently.
Significant Reasons behind “Parameter is Incorrect Windows 10” Problem:
Some of the common factors are responsible for the occurrence of the System Restore problem. Moreover, it reduces CPU cycles as well as degrades the system performance. Here, we are talking about those critical factors that prevent the system File store operations. Hence, go through the points stated below:
- An outdated version of Windows is responsible for the “Parameter is Incorrect” like major issue very often.
- If the Decimal symbol is wrongfully set to another value instead of the dot (.), then it creates the problem in the system restore program.
- System file corruption is another problem that creates a barrier in running the System Retrieval program.
- You can see “Parameter is Incorrect Windows 10” message on the display if any disk issue occurs.
Now, once you have identified the exact cause of the error move to the solution part descried below.
Resolve the “Parameter is Incorrect” Problem with a Few Technical Ways:
Here, we are going to discuss some of the necessary steps to resolve the “Parameter is Incorrect” effectively. So, you can try out the steps below and fix this critical error quickly.
Method 1: Modify the Decimal Symbol Settings
If you see that the other values instead of the dot symbol, then change it immediately and fix the System restore issue quickly.
- First, type “control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- After that, choose Clock, Language, and Region option under this section and then click on Region and Language tab.
- In the Region and Language window, click on the Formats tab and tap the Additional Settings option from the same window.
- Now, type dot (.) in the Decimal Symbol field and the hit the OK button two times.
- Finally, reboot the System in Normal Mode and try to check whether the Parameter is incorrect or not.
Method 2: Run SFC Scan
You can fix the System file issue by running the System File Checker effectively. It helps to identify the corrupted files and repair them if necessary. Moreover, it also takes necessary steps to fix this error and even remove the damaged files from your PC without affecting other parts.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and locate the Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
- Then, enter the correct credentials and press the Verify button to complete the verification process.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Administrator mode, type “SFC/SCANNOW” in the prompt window and hit the Enter key to run it.
- It will take a few times to complete the entire process and it will help to identify the problems regarding the system files. Moreover, it starts to repair them accordingly and resolve the System file error effectively.
Method 3: Check Disk Error
From the Command Prompt Admin window, you can resolve the disk regarding issues very quickly. It identifies the affected disks and repairs them if necessary.
- Press the Windows key and R on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type “cmd” and launch the Command Prompt in Admin Mode.
- After that, type the command, “chkdsk C: /r” in the Prompt window and run it by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- It will start running automatically and it will repair the disk error after identifying it.
- When done, try to restart the system and verify whether the Parameter issue got fixed or not.
Method 4: Restart the PC in Safe Mode
It is one of the easiest but temporary methods to get rid of the “Parameter is incorrect” message. You can run the PC in Safe mode and even can avoid internal system file error effectively.
- Press the Restart button or hold the Shift key and press the Power key from the keyboard to reboot the System.
- Now, choose an option from the appeared screen. You can select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options under this Troubleshooting window.
- After that, click Startup Settings from the Advanced Options window and hit the Restart button from the next window.
- After rebooting the Windows press 4 or F4 to restart the Windows in Safe Mode. If you want to enable the internet in Safe Mode, then press 5 or F5 key instead of F4.
Method 5: Format the inaccessible drive
- First, connect the drive to the PC via USB port or motherboard.
- Now, right-click on This PC icon from the desktop window and choose Manage from the pop-up menu appeared in the screen.
- After that, go to the Disk Management section and here you can see the list of corrupted or RAW drives in the window.
- Next, right-click on that drives and choose Format from the pop-up menu and hit the OK button to confirm the formatting process.
- After that, set the Volume Label and File System Format. Next, place the tick in the checkbox says, “Perform a quick format”.
- Finally, click the OK button and complete the formatting process very often. Once done, reboot the system in Normal Mode to verify whether the Parameter is incorrect Windows 10 got fixed or not.
Method 6: Upgrade Windows
By installing the Windows to the latest version is one of the effective ways to overcome the Windows System file error efficiently. You can fix this problem as well as enhance the CPU cycle effectively. Hence, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start menu and choose Settings from the Start menu appears on the desktop window.
- Now, click on Update and Security icon from the Settings window. Then, click on the Windows Upgrade option from the left panel of the same page.
- Tap on the Check for Updates button from the Update and Security window and it will start to install the Windows with the latest version. However, this upgrade process will take a few hours and make sure all the important documents are stored in the external disk.
- Once done, try to check whether the System restore program is running perfectly or not.
Method 7: Perform a Clean Boot
By running a clean boot program, you can remove the junk files and resolve the inaccessible drive accessing problem. Thus, it utilizes the memory spaces and free-up the unnecessary occupied storage spaces and resolves the System Restore program error easily.
- Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the Microsoft Configuration window by hitting the Ener key from the keyboard.
- Now, click on the General tab from that window and click on Selective Startup from the General Settings window.
- Next, remove the tick from the Load Startup items checkbox and click on the Services tab from the same window.
- After that, click on the checkbox “ Hide all Microsoft services” from the bottom section of the page and tap on Disable All option.
- Then, click the Startup tab and open the Open Task Manager window and tap on the Startup tab.
- Right-click on each enabled Startup items and select Disable from the pop-up menu appeared on the menu.
- Hit the OK button and apply the new changes.
- When done, try to restart the Windows and check whether the “Parameter is incorrect” issue got fixed or not.
In this article, we have defined effective solutions to resolve the Parameter is incorrect in Windows 10 like major issues. Moreover, we have discussed the possible symptoms when it occurs. Besides this, we have tried to analyze the critical factors responsible for this annoying issue that will help you to identify the problem quickly. So, we hope this content will be helpful to fix the error efficiently.