There are numerous users who are looking for the solution of Outlook Error 0xc0000005. This is caused due to reasons numerous, like corrupted Windows PC or because of the low RAM, virus or malware infection etc. If you are facing this 0xc0000005 error then, here is the easiest way which can instantly fix this issue.
Situations through which you might go due to the error 0xc0000005
Error code 0xc0000005 is one of the most common errors. This error notification might pop up in your screen especially in three separate situations which are highlighted beneath:
- Windows Installation Error
- Access Violation Error
- Application unable to start
Now, let’s have a look at the details.
Windows installation error
The Outlook error 0xc0000005 mainly happens due to the problem with Windows OS installation or because of any kind of hardware related issue. The problem might also happen due to corrupted RAM or hard drive problems and even due to bad sectors. It will be shown an error notification like Windows installation encountered an unexpected error
Issues of access
This error appears at the time when any of the programs in Windows attempts to locate the position or data from a condition which is not attached to it. This problem might happen with any kind of Windows application due to the Windows registry issue, corrupted RAM, drivers issue, Malware/virus infection. Furthermore, this problem might also happen due to the inaccurate security update, etc. If your system is affected with this error at that moment a message will appear to your screen as in Exception: Access violation error (0xc0000005) at
Application unable to start
This error might appear at the time when you are opening any program which is installed in your Windows PC, as you can say on Mozilla, VLC, Chrome browser, game, etc. If you attempted to re-install this then, it cannot support you to fix the matter because this error mainly generated due to some invalid, unsigned, or incomplete DLL files which assists you to run software on Windows program. An error message will pop up in your computer screen such as The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)
The Reasons which provokes error code 0xc0000005
Here we are going to discuss some of the common reasons behind error code 0xc0000005.
- The problem might happen due to accessing the wrong password which is being cached in Credentials storage
- Incorrect settings for the incoming and outgoing mail server is one of the reasons behind this error
- The corrupted profile configuration settings with the Microsoft Outlook is another reason for this error.
- The problem might happen due to the issues with Network or Antivirus software
- Incorrect up-gradation of Windows OS is one of the common reason behind this error
Solution 1: Check the RAM
If you want to get rid of from this problem then, you should turn off the system and replace the RAM. You might swap the slots of the RAM as per your required if there is physical damage to the RAM connector or the hardware. You can also run a memory characteristic test on your RAM with the help of Memtest86+ to resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Check The BCD
If you are dealing with the Outlook Error 0xc0000005 while updating your system, then you must need to check the BCD and their performance. Here are the steps to do it:
At first, open the CMD as the Administrator and type BCDEdit and press the enter button. If the Windows Boot Loader Path is xOsload.exe then, you have to delete a few files and then, repair the BCD. After that, type the following commands if you can boot to MS Windows repair mode by some easy commands. The commands are mentioned in the following section below. Therefore, go through the following section to know the commands:
attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
Solution 3: Inbox The Repair Tool
You can resolve the problem by repairing the Inbox Tool. This option helps to fix the outlook error 0xc0000005. It is also known as the SCANPST.exe. This also helps us to check the integrity of the Outlook data file and repairs it in the case of any corrupted files or entries. But, this is impossible to recover different types of damaged files with the help of these tools.
Solution 4: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
You can resolve the problem with the help of these following steps:
- At first, you have to press the exit Outlook client. To do it, press the Windows key + R button from the keyboard this will help you to open the Run Window
- After that, you have to type outlook.exe /safe in the appearing dialog box
Solution 5: Disable Add-Ins
If you find that the Outlook is working properly and the situation is exactly the same even in the Safe Mode. Then, this indicates that there are some problems with the Add-ins installation. If this happens to you then, you need to disable the add-ins from the MS Outlook. Do it you can follow the steps written below:
At first, you have to open the Outlook then, go to the File and click on the Options button. After that, you have to click on the Add-ins. Then, move on to the next step.
When you are done with the previously mentioned steps now, choose the Com Add-ins option and click on the Go.
After that, you have to unmark the present Add-ins, and then, click on the OK option.
When you are done with all the previously mentioned steps now, you can start the Outlook application. And check the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Reset the Navigation Pane
If the above-mentioned steps did not help you to resolve the problem then, you can follow the steps mentioned right below:
- At first, you have to close the Outlook email client
- Then, click on the Start button. Or you can use the Win key + R key from your keyboard both at the same time to open the Run Windows
- Then, type outlook.exe /resetnavpane in the appearing Run dialog box
Solution 7: Turn off the proxy
Here is the other solution to fix outlook error 0xc0000005. Go through the steps to do it:
If you want to check to check the status of the proxy then, you have to press the Win key + R key from the keyboard both at the same time and type the CMD on the appearing dialog box. After that, enter the command netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie in the command prompt
After, completing the above-mentioned steps if get an error notification like Error writing proxy settings. Access is denied. Then, it will display that, you need to turn off the Proxy settings in the Internet Explorer to resolve the problem with this error.
After that, you have to register the DLL dependency while updating the Windows update, some of the Dynamic Link Library (.dll) files get misplaced without getting registered properly. This prevents MS Office from starting normally.
After that, you have to register the lost DLL in the run dialog box. To open, it you need to press the Win key + R button both at a same time from the keyboard and then, type “regsvr32 dllfix.dll”.
After, completing all the previous mentioned steps you need to reinstall it.
Solution 8: Turn off the antivirus or the firewall
The problem might fixed sometimes by simply turning off the firewall or antivirus.
Solution 9: Fix the registry files
The problem might occur due to corrupted registry files. If you have any backup files in any registry files then, you can restore the registry of the system which will help you to resolve the problem. But, you have to keep it in your mind that, modifying registry files is a bit complex and this might be dangerous for your system. If you put any invalid or improper alteration can lead to serious system consequences. So, you need to keep a backup file of your current registry files before making any change. You can follow the steps written below to resolve the problem:
- At first, you need to press the Windows + R button both at the same time from your keyboard. Then, type regedit, and hit the Enter button
- After that, go to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_Dlls
- Then, you have to double click on LoadAppInit_DLLs and then, adjust the value from 1 to 0
- After, completing the previously mentioned steps click the OK button to approve the changes
- Then, you have to close the Registry Editor Window and after that, you can restart your system
Now, check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 10: Disable the DEP
DEP or Data Execution Prevention is a kind of Windows built-in system level memory protector that can give you protection from the different security threats. It also prevents damages that are caused by viruses or malware. However, there are many programs which are not compatible with this feature of Windows. As a result, you will get the error 0xc0000005. Now, let’s go to the steps to turn of this feature in your Windows PC.
- At first, you have to Sign in to the Windows as an Administrator
- After that, press the Windows+ R key both at the same time from your keyboard after that, the Run dialog box will appear to your screen. Now, type sysdm.cpl. In the appearing dialog box. And then, press the Enter button
- Then, click on the Advanced tab option after that, click on the Settings button
- Now, select the Data Execution Protection tab and then, tap to ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select’
- After that, you have to click on the Add button and then, browse and add all the executable (.exe) files that are causing the issue
- Then, click to OK
- When you are done with all the previous mentioned steps, you need to restart your system and try to run the programs
Hope this article will help you to resolve the problem with Outlook Error 0xc0000005. The above-mentioned steps are formulated just because of you to resolve the problem. If you have any further queries about this topic, then you can put your queries in our comments section.