If you open up Outlook and it gives you the Outlook error 0X80070021 that means the PST file is corrupt. It needs to be repaired. The location of the file depends on the operating system you are running on and the version of Outlook you are using. Moreover, hardware failures are a common cause for the error code 0X80070021. Another reason for this error code is the failure of data storage.
In addition, in some business houses, there are possibilities that the network server contains your PST file. You can try to access the file through the client computer. However, it slows down the system. Therefore, if you are one of those Outlook users who is frequently confronting the error code, then you can have a look at the rest of the article for the effective fixes to this error code.
Easy Ways to Resolve Outlook Error 0X80070021
This Outlook error 0X80070021 stops you from sending or receiving emails. Hence, you need to fix the issue or you will not able to access your Outlook account. Whatever reasons be responsible for the error code, you need to fix the issue at the earliest possible.
Fix 1: Repair Corrupt PST Files in your MS Outlook
Mainly, the Outlook error code 0X80070021 occurs due to corrupt PST files. Hence, you need to repair the PST files to get rid of this situation. For the Windows user, they can find the PST file using the path C:\Documnets and Settings\%Username%\LocalSettings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. After locating the PST file, remove it. You can also use a repair tool to repair the PST file.
Fix 2: Using Task Manager
With the help of the Task Manager, you can fix the issue. To perform the action, go through the following section.
- At first, press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key to launch the Task Manager option. From the Task Manager option, select the Processes tab and search for the Outlook process application and click on it.
- Lastly, select the End task option to complete the process.
Fix 3: Restore Point
Restoring your system to the point when Outlook was working fine might resolve your issue. Hence, you need to make use of System Restore to get your computer back to an earlier state.
- Firstly, you need to log into your system as an Administrator option. After that, click the Start button and then select All Programs Option.
- Then, move to the Windows Accessories option and then move to the System Tools option.
- From the System Tools section, choose System Restore option. After that, select the Restore my computer to an earlier time option.
- Thereafter, a confirmation window will pop-up on the system screen. Click Next to confirm and restart the system when the restoration process completes.
Fix 4: Remove Indexing Tool
Removing the indexing tool might help you to solve the issue. To remove the indexing tool, at first, you need to launch Outlook and move to the Tools from the Menu option. After that, select the Trust Center window. From the left panel of the window, choose Add-Ins and then you will find a button which helps you to manage COM Add-Ins. You need to select the COM Add-Ins from the drop-down menu that will appear on the system screen. To proceed further press the Go option. After that, you will find the Search Email Indexer and highlight it. Next, click on the Remove option to delete it. When the process gets finished, close the Outlook tab and reopen it to check for the Outlook error code 0X80070021.
Fixing Outlook error 0X80070021 requires that you apply the correct fixes that are mentioned above. Hopefully, after going through the article and applying the fixes, you can resolve the error in no time.