Omegle is one of the most popular social media sites which allows its users to video chat with random strangers anywhere around the world. Due to its unique concept and amazing feature, currently, Omegle has more than 1 million active users. Even though the developers work on the website to make it more interesting and problem-free but issues like Omegle error connecting to server occurs at times.
This error notification prevents users from using any kind of service of Omegle which is really frustrating if you are a frequent user of this amazing website. Even though the error connecting to server Omegle is a complicated problem but it’s not an incurable issue. In fact, there is a couple of methods available which can help you to get rid of the issue within minutes.
If you don’t know how to get rid of the problem and currently looking for a way to get into your Omegle account, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are gonna provide you all the workable methods in one place. So, follow the rest of the article carefully.
What Causes the Problem with Omegle Error Connecting to Server?
Now, before jumping to the troubleshooting method, first, we have to know why Omegle users face this kind of error. After doing a little bit of research on the problem, we have found that this particular issue can occur for these reasons:
- This error can be caused by faulty network settings which can be solved either by reacquiring an IP address and DNS server or by using a VPN.
- Maybe you got banned because of some violation of the user agreement.
- Sometimes, the culprit of this problem can be the browsing data accumulated on your computer.
- Maybe there is a problem in your internet connection or the server you are connected with.
- It can be possible that the problem is not from your end. Rather the problem came from the end of the Omegle service provider.
- Sometimes, Omegle error connecting to server can also occur when the website going through maintenance.
Methods to Solve the Omegle Error Connecting to Server Issue
Just like the problem can occur for more than one reason, there are also multiple methods available to fix the error connecting to server Omegle issue. The methods are simple. So, try these.
Additionally, if the problem is occuring due to a ban or network issue, then contact Omegle support team (for Ban issue) or network connection provider (for network issue).
Method 1: Run the “flushdns” Command
When the Omegle error connecting to server issue occurs, the first thing you should consider doing is, take the help of Command Prompt.
- At first, turn on your device and then open the Start menu to find the Command Prompt. Open the Command Prompt with Administrative privileges.
- Alternatively, you can open the Run dialogue box by typing Windows Key + R key and then type ‘cmd’ in the empty field. Hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to run the Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, type in the following commands in the black window and press Enter after each.
- The process may take some time to complete. So, wait patiently.
- After getting the message, re-open Omegle and check if the Omegle error connecting to server message is occuring again or not.
Method 2: Use a VPN
If you don’t want to waste your time to fix the problem right now and just want to bypass it, then the best option for you will be using a VPN. You can easily enter Omegle by changing the VPN. But the problem is, using a VPN can be a little bit tricky to deal with. You should also consult with your network provider in order to check whether using a VPN is okay or not. In many countries using a VPN is considered as an illegal act.
So, make sure you confirm it before starting the method. Also, choose the right VPN for this kind of work.
Method 3: Delete all Cookies from the Browser
If the problem is occurring for stored cache and cookies, then it can be possible that the browser is unable to load the site properly. In that case, delete all cookies of that particular browser. Steps of deleting cookies vary from browser to browser. It is not possible to provide a guide for all the web browser available on the internet. So, we have given the two most used web browsers as an example, which are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- At first, turn on your device and then launch the Chrome browser.
- Once the web browser opens, click on the three vertical dots located in the top-right corner.
- Next, move the mouse pointer to the More Tools option and then select the Clear Browsing Data option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in order to clear everything, choose the “the beginning of time” option from the Time Range and then select what types of data you wish to delete. Here, we will recommend you to clear both cache and cookies.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox, then open it first.
- When the browser opens, click on the library-like button located at the top-right corner.
- Now, head to the History option and then select Clear Recent History option.
- After clicking on the Clear Recent History button, you will find quite a few options. Look under the Time range to clear data and choose Everything from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the option which you want to delete from the History and Data section and then click on the Clear Now button to complete the process.
- After completing the above steps, wait for a few minutes and then restart the browser.
Simply check if the problem Omegle error connecting to server issue is resolved or not.
We hope this article was able to help you to solve your query regarding how to fix Omegle error connecting to server issue. If you have some other methods to solve the problem, then feel free to share with us. Also, if our methods are unable to solve the connection to a server problem, then it can be possible that your Omegle account is suffering from some other major issue. In this case, we will highly recommend seeking expert guidance.