Antivirus software systems are a ‘must have’ when it comes to working with computers. Especially because we have the internet, which opens up the possibility of various kinds of virus attacks. And it is not only limited to that, as such can possess a lot of threat to cybersecurity. Norton antivirus happens to be a big name in today’s market. This antivirus software has with it a lot of useful features for which users prefer it the most. This does a great job of protecting your computer system overall. Nevertheless, you still can get some issues with this and the Norton error code 8504 5 is one of them.
If you are facing this particular error code and are not being able to use your Norton antivirus effectively, do not worry. In this article, you will find out how to fix Norton error code 8504 5. That way, you will be able to fix this issue all by yourself without much hassle.
Know the Probable Causes Of Norton Error Code 8504 5:
It is quite an important task to find out the possible reasons why you might be facing the Norton error code 8504 5. Now, this is quite an important thing to be cognizant of when dealing with an error code like this. Because if you know what exactly is creating the problem, the solutions will make much more sense to you. And more than that what you will find is that you will be able to execute them easily.
But before we get into why this might be happening, let’s take a look at the manifestations of this error. And the most common effect of this error code is the slowing down of your computer functions. Also, for the worst case scenario of this, your computer might just freeze.
The general cause of this error code issue is corrupt files in the Windows registry. Mainly all the ones that are related to the Norton antivirus software. This can definitely cause this issue directly to appear on your system.
You can also have corrupt system files in other ways as well. A very common cause of these is if there is some error while installing the antivirus software. If this happens then it is very likely that some of the system files have been corrupted because of that.
Again, if somehow a virus attack has taken place then also you can have corrupt system files. And these corrupt files can be the very cause of this Norton antivirus error code.
Finally, one of the most common causes of this particular issue is interference from malware protection. What it can do to cause this error code issue is that it can delete some important system file. This, in turn, can be directly behind this error code issue.
And now that you know what the reasons can be for this error code issue. It is time to get into the solutions for this in full detail.
How To Fix Norton Error Code 8504 5: Stepwise
In this section of the article, you will get all the necessary solutions that will help you fix the problem.
Although it is the best practice to identify which is the exact issue with your Norton antivirus software. Then adopt the solution for that particular issue, which you will find here.
Still, if you are somehow not able to identify the exact cause of the error code issue. Then, you can try out these steps one after the other and that will do the trick for sure.
So, without any further ado. Here are the necessary steps –
Use The Windows System File Checker
The Windows System File Checker is a very useful tool which can help to solve a lot of issues like these. In order to use this to fix this particular error code issue. Here are the steps you have to execute –
- Click on the Start button on the home screen.
- In the search section that appears, type in the word command.
- Then, simultaneously press and hold down on the Ctrl and the Shift key. Then press the Enter key.
- Now you will come across the permission dialogue box, where you will have to click on the Yes button.
- Now the command prompt dialogue box will come up, where you will have to type in sfc/scannow. And then hit the Enter key.
This tool will start its course of fixing. And from there on you can follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Revert The Recent System Changes
In case there is something wrong with the system settings, the solution for that can be to revert the settings back to default. To do that –
- Click on the Start button.
- In the search dialogue box, type in System Restore and then hit the Enter button.
- From the results that come up, select the System Restore option.
- If any login dialogue box appears, enter the necessary details and proceed.
- Now, you will get instructions on the screen from the Wizard, which will help you select a restore point.
Thus you will be able to restore the settings back to default.
Get Rid Of the System Junk Files
If a lot of junk files accumulate over time in your system, then it can cause such technical glitches. So, it will be best to get rid of them preemptively and to do that –
- Click on the Start button from the home screen and type in cothe mmand.
- Then, hold down on the Ctrl and the Shift key at the same time, and then hit the Enter key.
- Now in the permission dialogue box that appears, click on the Yes button.
- The command prompt dialogue box will come up where you will have to type in cleanmgr. Then after that hit the Enter key.
- This will bring up the Disk Cleaner to diagnose the space available.
- You will be able to select the files that you want to get rid of. And then click on the OK button to delete all of that.
This will empty up the necessary space and will most likely solve this error code issue.
Update The Computer System Drivers
The absence of the latest updates for your system can cause this error code issue. That is why getting all the latest updates for your system is imperative.
If you want to download all the latest updates for your computer system. Then you can get all of that from the website of Norton antivirus. Once you visit the website and look for the latest update files. You will find the download link there.
Click on the link to download all those update files and wait for the downloading process to complete.
After the download is over, click on the file to initiate the installation process. Wait till the installation is complete and then reboot your computer. This will be very likely to solve the issue.
Redo The Installation Of Norton Antivirus
In order to uninstall and then install the Norton antivirus software all over again. These are the steps you can perform –
- Open up the Start menu on your PC home screen.
- Bring out the Start Context Menu by right clicking on that option.
- Then click on the Programs and Features option.
- Find out the Norton 360 Error 8504 5- associated program from within the Name column.
- Click on this option and then click on the Uninstall/Change option from the top menu ribbon.
- From there onwards, follow the instructions from the screen to complete this process.
This will uninstall the Norton antivirus software and then you will have to install it back once again.
Do A Complete Scan For Malware
Presence of any malware in your system can corrupt a lot of the system files that may be there. And that, in turn, can cause all kinds of error code issues. The Norton error code 8504 5 is one of them.
If you want to fix this issue, then you will have to find out the malware in your system. And then once you find it, you will have to get rid of it.
To identify the malware in your system that is causing this particular error code. You will have to perform a complete malware scan of your system. That way, if there happens to be a malware there, you will find out.
Then once you find and identify the malware, you will be able to delete that and thus solve this error code without any hassle.
This completes the list of all the solution that you can get for the Norton error code 8504 5. These would be enough for you to fix this issue by yourself. Still, there are also a couple of other ways which we have excluded.
Executing those will require a high degree of technical expertise. And if something goes wrong, it can harm your computer system.