If you ever experience “m7121-1331-p7” error notification on your computer while using Netflix, then it particularly points out that the browser is faulty. Netflix is basically an online media service provider, where you can watch movies and TV shows. Adding to all these exceptional features, you can also stream right to your smart TV, PC, Mac or game console through Netflix.
An error message is all it takes to ruin all the fun and enjoyment. Thus, if you are using an unsupported browser, then it can interfere with Netflix. And as a result, the streaming stops and so does the TV shows and movies. Further, corrupted data in the cache folder can also prohibit the application from working appropriately.
Are you looking for methods that can resolve the problem once and for all? Then, this page might be the right gateway, which will lead you to 5 conventional means. On top of all these, we are also going to discuss other probable reasons that can lead to this error.
Underlying Factors Leading to Netflix Error Code m7121-1331-p7
You might note that as soon as you launch Netflix, the screen turns black and you get a message “oops, something went wrong… Unexpected error..”This is just a component of Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7. Here, we are going to discuss the underlying causes:
- If the browser is not supported or if you are not using the latest version of HTML, then the major streaming players fails to function.
- Browser extensions might be conflicting with Netflix. Otherwise, the browser might be lacking the installation files.
- Netflix’s terms and conditions are strictly based on copyright considerations in respect of cookies and cache. If these cookies or cache becomes corrupted, then abrupt error messages get prompted in Netflix.
- Lastly, if the Netflix server is down, then you can get this message. But unfortunately, there is no fixing method for this lead. And, all you have to do is wait till the connections get normalized.
Now that you are accustomed to these 4 basic reasons, let us proceed to fix each of them. But, before you proceed, check whether you are using a stable internet connection. Further, you also need to have administrative access to your computer to apply each and every method mentioned below.
5 Suitable Measures to Fix Netflix Error Code m7121-1331-p7
You do not need to be a tech-savvy to eliminate this risky error, all you need is proper guidance. So, stop waiting and grab the methods mentioned below. Apply the best-suited methods that can help you mitigate the problem.
Note: Within the highlighted points, mark the lines that are crucial factors to run Netflix without any interruptions.
You must start by meeting all the basic needs to run Netflix without any error:
- Google Chrome version 64 or later. Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Mavericks).
- Internet Explorer 11 or later on Windows 8.1.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
- Mozilla Firefox version 59 or later. Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Yosemite).
- Opera version 47 or later. Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Yosemite).
- Safari on Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Yosemite).
If the system lacks any of these configurations, then you should get them at once. And, mend the experience of viewing movies and TV shows on Netflix. As soon as you fulfill the basic requirements, Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7 will get resolved. However, if there is a need for advanced solutions, then go through the next section.
Method 1: Disable Browser Extension
Browser extensions add functionality to the browser and it is true that they help to improve the functionality of any website. Further, you can also use these extensions to remove unnecessary elements associated with the web, such as pop-up ads. But in certain cases, they act as a hindrance and the best hack to restart Netflix is to disable the extensions.
To proceed, open the browser that you use to launch the Netflix application. Then, in the dialog box, type the following address: (browser name)://extensions. Wait for a while till all the extensions get disabled. Now, restart the device and try accessing Netflix.
Note: Replace the word “browser name” with the one you are using. Now, you will get a list, toggle all the buttons next to the extensions to OFF.
Method 2: Update the Browser
The programmers who design browsers try to help the users in the elimination of minor technical flaws through an updated version. It not just helps to improve the performance but also enhances the browsing security:
- Windows comes along with in-built browser i.e internet Explorer. Whenever you update Windows, this browser automatically gets updated. If you use Firefox, then you can check for updates manually, by hitting the “Check for Updates” button. You can easily locate this button in the Help menu, within the “About Firefox” tab.
- You can follow the same procedure for Chrome. The only difference is that to go to the “About menu”, click on Customise and hold down the Control button. But, the only additional benefits of using browser is that it updates itself whenever it is running.
- Every Apple device comes along with Safari. Whenever an update is available for Safari, you will get a notification as such “App Updates Available”. Click on the link, go to the App store and hit the Update button.
- Now, Windows 10 comes along with Microsoft Edge. The process of updating the browser is completely different when compared with others. To update it press down the Windows key and in the blank dialog box type “Check for updates” and hit the Enter key. When a new window appears, locate and select the option “Check for updates”, right under the Update Status Section. When the recent updates get displayed select the compatible one and hit the Update button.
- You can also verify whether you are using the latest version of Opera. If not then, click on the Opera menu and select the “About Opera” option. Note whether any recent updates are available or not. If the latest versions are released by the web developers, then hit the Update button and wait with patience.
If you regularly update the browser, then it can automatically detect and fix the security problems. This can easily resolve the Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7.
Method 3: Clear Browser cache
Different browsers have different configurations to clear the cache and temporary files:
Open the browser and in the address bar type in : chrome://settings/clearBrowserData. When the “Clear browsing data” window appears, try to locate and click on the Advanced menu. A list of all the temporary files and cache will appear, select all of them. Set the Time Range from the drop-down menu and select the period of time, since when you want to clear the cached information. If you want to clear all the entries then select “All Time”. Finally, click on ‘Clear Data’ and quit all the browser windows.
Go to the History menu and select ‘Clear recent history’. In case, the menu bar is hidden, then use the keyboard shortcut Alt to make it visible. From the Time Range’s drop-down list, select the option “Everything”. Navigate to the Details tab, choose the entries you want to clear. Finally, hit the Clear Now button and restart the browser.
For Microsoft Edge:
In the top right corner of the screen, you will get the Hub icon, click on it. Now, look for the History icon and select the ‘Clear All History” option. Finally, select all the entries that you need to delete and click on Clear. When the process gets accomplished, a message appears on the screen, confirming that the entries are removed permanently.
For Internet Explorer:
Select Tools and then click on Safety to navigate to ‘Delete browsing history..’. Deselect the option “Preserve Favorites website data” and click on the checkbox next to files you need to delete. Finally hit the Delete button and you will get a confirmation when the process gets complete.
Go to the Settings and click on “Privacy & Security” to navigate to ‘Clear browsing data….’ option. A dialog box appears saying “Obliterate the following items from:”, click the arrow next to it and select the Time Range. Finally, click on “Clear browsing data” and quit all browser windows.
Go to the Safari menu and select “Clear History…” or “Clear History and Website Data…”. Click on the preferable Time Range and finally hit the “Clear History” button. Now, press the Command-Q to quit the browser window.
This must be enough to solve the Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7. However, if you still face the problem, then you need to reinstall the browser.
Method 4: Reinstall the browser
Reinstallation of the browser depends on the device model and the OS you are working on:
For Windows 10:
Go to the official website of the browser and download the most recent version to your computer in the form of a zipped file. Now, click on start and select the Control Panel option, then click on ‘Add/Remove Programs’. A new list will appear with all the recently added application. Scroll through it until you find the files associated with the browser. Right-click on the application and from the drop-down list select the Uninstall button. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove the files.
Now, go to the downloaded file section and locate the zipped file. Open it and install it by following the on-screen prompts. The installation process may take some time (maybe more than 15 minutes) so try not to hinder the process.
This is a manual process but the simplest of the lot. Simply go to the Application folder and select the browser you want to uninstall. Now, click and drag the icon to the Trash bin. Finally, use the keyboard shortcuts to open the Advanced option, associated with the Trash folder. Use Control and click on the Trash icon. Click on “Empty Trash” option to remove all the associated files from the browser.
Now, to reinstall the browser, go to the App store, try to locate the latest version that is compatible with the OS you are using. Click on the Download button and install the browser.
When these processes are done, try to verify if this was enough to mitigate the Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7 problem.
Method 5: Update the Widevine Content Decryption Module
If the above methods are unable to help you out, then the definite reason is that the browser is unable to locate the decryption module. This actually permits the application to play video and audio contents, which are copyright protected. The only way out of Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7 is to update the Widevine Content Decryption module.
Simply go to the browser and in the address bar type : chrome://components/. Then, hit the Enter key. Now, locate and click on the “Check for update” button. Try to refresh the page and note if it shows any status regarding the updated version. If an update is available it will automatically get installed as soon as you restart the computer.
You can learn easy means to eliminate the Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7 error in this article. All you have to do is follow the steps cautiously, without skipping any of them. At the end of the article, you will surely get rid of the trouble and can use Netflix without any hassle.
However, real-time errors never arrive with prior notice. Thus, if you encounter a problem or two and additionally, cannot solve it out, then feel free to discuss it. At the end of this page, you will get a comment box, post about your queries and experiences there. You can also ask for technical assistance if you are not enough confident to carry out the methods all be yourself.