When you try to start a program, you often get an unexpected error message, “The File MSVCP100.dll is missing Windows 10”. As a result, the device stops to respond. Moreover, the system starts to restart after several attempts. This MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10 error comes up in various ways, such as “MSVCP100.dll access violation”, “MSVCP100.dll not found”, or “This application failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”. However, we are going to discuss effective solutions to perform MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10 fix immediately.
“MSVCP100.dll Is Missing” – Significant Reasons Behind it
There are lots of common issues responsible for creating the MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10 error very often. However, we are going to identify them to avoid the technical hassle at the earliest.
- System File Corruption causes the MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10.
- The virus sometimes prevents to open the app after performing the Windows update process.
- Obsolete iCloud version is one of the main reason for raising the error message, “MSVCP100.dll is missing Windows 10”.
- Outdated Adobe or Acrobat many times creates a barrier in launching the app.
- Some of the unnecessary programs that you have installed recently become a critical factor and creates this annoying issue.
Resolve the MSVCP100.dll Missing Windows 10 with 6 Easy Ways
Some of the effective methods are available to fix the app opening issue as well as avoiding the MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10. Moreover, it helps to repair the corrupted system files and enhances the performance level. So, you might try out the steps below to fix this annoying issue technically.
Perform SFC Scan
- Click on the Start button and type “cmd” in the Cortana Search box to locate the Command Prompt. If the Command Prompt is not available, then type “PowerShell’ in the search box instead of the “cmd”.
- Now, right-click on the Windows Powershell or Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator option from the pop-up menu.
- Next, enter the correct Admin name and password to complete the Powershell or Command Prompt authentication process.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Admin mode, type the command “sfc/Scannow” in the present window and run it by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- It will start to run automatically and locate the corrupted system files respectively. Wait until it shows a successful message.
- After that, run another command “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” in Command Prompt (Admin Mode). It will take 20-22 minutes to check the system file status.
- When done, reboot the device and check whether the MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10 persists or not.
Run a Virus Scan
- Download any security software from a trustworthy website and install it.
- After that, double-tap on the new folder and locate the installation file. Run the executable file on the system.
- Now, double-click on the antivirus and launch the antivirus.
- Click on the Scan tab or tap on the Scan for Virus option.
- From the resultant window, choose either Quick Scan or Full Scan as per your requirement. You can choose the Full Scan Method to locate the malware infected all files. However, you can prefer the Quick Fix to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the entire scanning process. When done, reboot the device and verify whether the message, “MSVCP100.dll is missing” appears on the screen or not.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable package
- Launch the Control Panel window by typing the “control’ in the search box and pressing the Enter key.
- After that, click on the Programs & Features from the list of several programs.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall a program and it will show a list of installed software with their app details.
- Select the Visual C++ Redistribution package from the item list and choose its associated programs.
- Right-click on them and choose the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu.
- Hit the YES button and confirm the application removal process. It will start to perform the uninstallation program immediately after getting the confirmation message.
- When done, you can see the message, “The app is removed from your device successfully”.
- Next, go to the Microsoft Official Website and choose the Microsft Visual C++ package to download it.
- Then, open the downloaded file on the screen and double-tap on the Package Installer file.
- Wait until the executable program completes the installation process. Finally, try to launch an app and check whether it is running without any problem or not.
Update Adobe Reader
If the problem occurs due to Adobe reader, then updating the app can help. To do so, continue with the following steps:
- Double-tap on the Adobe icon from the desktop and open the Adobe Acrobat window.
- After that, click on the Help menu from the Adobe Reader menu bar.
- Now, click on the Check for Updates from the drop-down comes under the Help section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the latest update installation process.
- When done, reboot the device and verify whether the unexpected error message, “MSVCP100.dll is missing Windows 10” appears or not.
Copy the File from Trusted PC
- Choose another device which runs on the same OS version as your system. Connect that device to your system using an external drive or flash drive.
- Now, double-tap on the My Computer or This PC from the desktop. Click on the C:\ Drive from the left pane of the window.
- Next, choose the Windows folder from the resultant window and select the System 32 from the next window.
- Copy the MSVCP100.dll file and paste in the same location as your older device.
- Finally, try to launch a program and check whether the same problem occurs or not.
- If it gets fixed, then disconnect the other device from your PC and reboot the device in Normal Mode.
Delete the Problematic Applications
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Start menu on the display.
- Choose Run and open the Run dialog box.
- Type “control” in the Run dialog box and click the OK button to open the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on Programs & Features from the list of items.
- Tap on Uninstall a Program from the sub-menu and choose the application which is responsible for creating the problem.
- Next, confirm the process by taping the YES button from the confirmation dialog box. It will start to uninstallation process and the execution time will depend on the number of files.
- Reboot the device once done and try to start a program and verify whether its working or not.
In the above content, we have discussed the methods to fix the MSVCP100.dll missing Windows 10 problem. Moreover, we have defined the major reasons behind this significant issue. Besides this, the possible symptoms are given here to avoid this problem at the very initial stage of the error. So, we hope this article will be helpful for you to resolve the “MSVCP100.dll is missing” problem permanently.