Keyboard and mouse plays an essential role while working on a PC. Therefore, when these devices stop working it becomes quite frustrating. While working on Windows 7, often users encounter issues, like the mouse and keyboard stop working. This error can occur for a number of reasons. Therefore, it is essential to identify the exact cause before diagnosing the issue. It is also suggested to check that whether the problem is in the device itself or not. In case, there is no issue with the mouse and keyboard you are working, then you have to try for other solutions. In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible solutions that will effectively help you to fix mouse and keyboard not working windows 7 error.
Easy Methods To Fix “Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working” Error
There are certain methods with which you can resolve the keyboard and mouse related errors. Try out the ones given below and resolve the issues instantly.
Method 1: Unplug The Keyboard And The Mouse Then Plug It Back
One of the most instant ways to fix this issue is to reconnect the keyboard and mouse. Therefore, at first, unplug the keyboard and mouse and then again insert it. As soon as you plug them, the windows driver will be installed automatically thereby reconnecting the mouse and keyboard. Check to see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Disconnect The Power Cable For A While
Turn off your computer at first. Then, unplug the power cable and plug it back after a while. Now, press the power button for a few seconds. After doing the above steps, reboot your computer and check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Method 3: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
To turn off the Driver Signature Enforcement do the following:
- Press and hold the Power button to turn on your computer.
- After your computer is turned on, start hitting the F8 key on your keyboard for a few seconds.
- Use the arrow key to select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, when the Advanced Boot Options is displayed on the screen.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard and soon the Windows will restart
- Check whether the issue persists or not.
Method 4: Update the USB driver
In case the USB driver is corrupted or missing it can generate this error. In this scenario, the best option is to update the driver.
- To invoke the run box, press Windows key + R at the same time on your keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click the OK button.
- Expand category “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
- Locate device USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
- Now, press the Del key on your keyboard.
- Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device.
- Click the OK button to confirm the uninstallation process.
- After you are done with the above steps, update the drivers.
Method 5: Disable The Third Party Services
- Press Windows key + R at the same time on your keyboard to invoke the run box.
- In the run box, type msconfig and click the OK button.
- Now, go to the Services tab.
- Check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services then click Disable all.
- Click the OK button.
- When you are prompted to restart your computer click to apply the changes.
- Click the restart button and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
The above steps will help you to resolve the issue without any hassle. But in case, you are facing any issue or confusion, please do post comments below.