Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library is one of the error messages which you just cannot neglect. It generally gets started after you have run the Windows update or installed new software on your computer. Sometimes a virus attack can also be the culprit causing the error by corrupting the runtime components for Visual C++ Libraries. The error message window which generates will include these below-said lines on it.
Program: “File Location Information”
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
No matter whatever be the reason but solving it with the help of the correct methods should be your first priority. After a complete study of this article, you will be able to fix it with your total confidence. So, carry on…
Effects of the Error Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
If you have already stuck with Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error then hopefully you are accustomed to its effects. Here below is the list which you may find after you get the error message.
- After opening the Windows Explorer the error message window starts popping up several times.
- You will not be able to open the installed applications which require Runtime components.
- The computer works sluggishly.
Methods to Solve the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
After getting the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error, proceeding with the appropriate methods will be a great idea than to worry about. Here in this section, you will get to learn the methods with the help of which you can fix the glitch efficiently. So, without wasting your valuable time, you can proceed further.
Method 1: Update Display Driver
You will be able to fix the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library issue with the help of the steps as below. So, check it out.
- First of all, you need to open the Device Manager window. For this, at first, press both the Windows and the letter X key at the same time. Then, from the available options click on Device manager.
- Next, as the Device Manager window opens up, locate the “Display Adapters” section and click twice on it to gets its expanding options.
- After that, right-click on your Display Adapter from the expanding options and then select Update Driver.
- Further, on the next open window, you will get two different ways to update the adapter driver. Among which click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver”, this will use the internet connection to search the update. If an update is available, you can download it from there by following the onscreen instructions. Remember, not to disturb during the Display Adapter downloading process, because it may further cause an error.
- As the latest display adapter gets downloaded, follow the onscreen instructions to install it successfully.
- After that, check if the error exists by opening an application from your computer which requires Runtime components to execute.
Method 2: Uninstall> Download> Reinstall Visual C++ Runtime
If you are facing any problem to follow the steps as explained for this above method then you can try this one. This is one of the best methods for solving the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. But the problem is that you need to arrange enough time in your hand before start with.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable
The task which you need to begin with is to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable from your computer. And the steps to follow for doing this process are as stated below.
- At first, press the Windows key once to get the search bar active.
- Then, on the search bar type control and hit the Enter key, this will open up the Control Panel window.
- Next, check the “View by” section, is it set as Category or not. And if not then make it, by dropping down the downward arrow switch beside it.
- After that, from the available options under the Control Panel window click on Programs> Programs and Features. This will open up the window where you will get all your installed programs on the screen. Among these programs list search for the “Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable” option.
- After you get the “Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable” option click on it, and then select Uninstall> Uninstall to confirm.
As you have successfully uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable, now proceed with the further steps.
Download and Install Visual C++ Runtime on Windows
But before start with these below steps, it is better to restart your system. This is to make your system prepared for getting a better result from this method.
- Launch a browser and check on it that the internet is working properly or not. And if the internet works then now you can continue with these below steps.
- Using the browser navigate to the downloading page of Microsoft Visual C++ file and search for the updated version. As you get the updated version now check if it fulfills with your system requirements. And if, then download it.
- After you have downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ file successfully, install it by following the onscreen instructions.
As the Microsoft Visual C++ file installation is done successfully, hopefully, you will not get any more error.
Method 3: Uninstall Certain Applications to Solve Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
There are some kinds of application if present on your system can function badly and result in crashing Explorer issue. If this is the case then only by uninstalling such applications you may get rid of Visual C++ Runtime Library problem. And again to uninstall any application you need to go to the Control Panel window. After that, by setting the View by into Category, click on Programs> Programs and Features. As you get all the installed programs list open, from it, search for the application(s) which are causing the issue and then by clicking on it select on Uninstall> Uninstall to confirm. As you completely uninstall the problem causing application, restart your system and check if the error gets resolved.
Method 4: Run Diagnostics
If after following all these above methods still, you find that the error message exists when you are going to open the Explorer window then follow it as well.
- At first, open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc key at a single time.
- Then under the Windows Task Manager hit on the Process tab.
- Next, under the available processes, search for Windows Explorer(explorer.exe). And after you get Windows Explorer(explorer.exe), right-click on it and select the End task option.
- After that, press both the Windows and the letter R key at a single time to get the Run bar window open.
- Now, on the Run bar type “MdSched” without quotations. And then click on OK or hit the Enter button.
- Then, click on the “Restart now” button and check for the problems.
- Thereafter, follow the wizard to check for and solve any memory issues.
All these above are the methods by applying which many of the users resolve the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library glitch successfully. Hopefully, you will also be able to fix it. So, without worrying about the error, continue with these above-said methods.