Since its inception, Microsoft has been a renowned brand which serves both personal and professional purpose. And its client software Microsoft Office is aiding its performance and gaining people’s faith. To enjoy these features fully, users need to download, install, and activate the apps. This is where several issues crop up. And one of them is surely Microsoft Office error code 0x4004F00C. This primarily occurs when the user tries to set up any version of Microsoft Office but it fails. Previously, Office 365, 2016 and 2013 users have reported this trouble.
Overview Of Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004F00C
This activation error is pretty common among Office 365, 2013, and 2016 users. In this regard, you must have an idea about the activation procedure. It plays an important role in paid applications and ensures security. That means, activation can be done only by authorized users. This reduces fraud services that might be present in software packaging.
Therefore, the user needs a product key to continue with the process. The key can come through confirmation emails or retail cards. The trouble appears when this card turns out to be fake and does not work on the system. Well, quite a few reasons are lined up for you. Read the following section.
Primary Reasons Behind MS Office Error
Microsoft Office apps might not work due to several reasons. The Windows System might turn out to be defective or corrupted. Firewall protection can also cause issues with the activation key. Moreover, incomplete installation of any application can lead to troubles in Office Home as well.
Whenever the glitch appears, you will be informed with a notification. This message will state that the License Service was not activated and you will be directed to the Application Event Log for information. Alongside, you might be given a time period for MS office activation. Otherwise, the license lapses.
Some other additional issues can be-
- Recent changes in the device like the booting procedure
- Issues with the Office products
- Junk files can take up a lot of space and the downloading process will be obviously hampered if that is the case.
- Third party apps can interfere while you enter the activation key
- Though the chances are less, malware attacks can affect the Office suite from installation.
- Similarly, if you are getting the activation key from a site which is unprotected, a virus can enter your system and affect the Operating System.
Whatever the case might be, resolving it quickly is necessary. Otherwise, you cannot utilize the features of MS Office.
Effective Hacks To Resolve Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004F00C
The following solutions will resolve the code in the most versions of Microsoft Office suite. Even if you are using Windows 8.1 and facing the trouble in Office 2013, you can follow the steps. Do not skip any step.
Method 1: Disabling The Windows Firewall Protection
First, press the Start button present on the Taskbar or tap on the Windows key. It is available on the left-hand side of the keyboard. Then, choose the Control Panel and hover over it. This will take you to a fresh page. Now, you can manually search or use the search bar to find the Firewall log.
Once you find it, choose that option and move straight to the left panel on the screen. Over there, switch off or on alternate will appear. Select it and navigate to the Network Location. Choose that and move further the Public Network section.
Now, try setting up the version of Office 2016 or 2013. If it does not work, move to the next solution.
Alterantive Method To Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004F00C: Temporarily Disabling the Proxy Panel
Well, since this is to be done for a short period of time, make sure you enable the Settings once the setup procedure is over.
- Press the Start key and move to the Control Panel section.
- On the panel window, choose the Internet Option.
- A new page will appear upon which choose the Connections option.
- Now, select the LAN settings.
- Once that page opens, choose the Proxy Server settings and tick off the third alternative. It is related to Proxy Server in LAN.
- Finally, tap the OK key and save all the changes you made in the panel.
- Once the save procedure is over, proceed with the setup.
- Press the Start icon and move to the Control Panel like the previous solutions.
- Then, move to the Add or Remove programs for checking the applications and software.
- You can search for the Office 2013, 2016 components and open it.
- A list will appear which has products like Word, Excel, Office Standard, etc.
- Once you clean these from the registry, the suite will install afresh.
Hopefully, the issue will be fixed. You will be able to utilize all the products to your heart’s content.
As you could see that the Microsoft Office error code 0x4004F00C can occur due to several reasons. Most of them are related to Windows Registry errors. But other troubles can also crop up. The solutions stated here will help you to set up the MS Office versions 365,2016 and 2013. The technique will also work for the code 0x4004F00D. However, if you find the problem is coming back again, you can search the comment box for answers. Also, you can refer to the official site ErrorCode0x for quick help.