The Malwarebytes runtime error occurs when anti-malware software crashes in the running state. It means the code is corrupted in some way. For that reason, it will not work in the runtime. This kind of error appears as an irritating notification that pops up on your screen. This error mostly displays on the Windows 7, 8, Vista. This error can occur at any time like, during the installation of any program. And also at startup and shutdown of the Operating System. You can resolve this error manually. To do it, keep reading this article.
Situations that Malwarebytes runtime error 383 triggers
Here we declare some basic indications of the Malwarebytes runtime error to find what is the error is. Have look at these steps beneath:
- This error 383 arise due to the crases of the programming window.
- Mostly and very frequently your pc crashes with the error 383
- It displays this error message simultaneously that “Malwarebytes runtime error 383”
- Windows will run very slow
- On very small intervals your screen gets “freeze” in a few seconds
Causes of the runtime error in Malwarebytes
To overcome this problem the first thing you have to know is the causes of why this error occurs. To know this just read the points below.
- If there is corrupted downloading or incomplete installation of the Malwarebytes antimalware software.
- This error also occurs if there is any window corruption file in the Windows registry
- If there is any malware or virus attack it is founded in the Windows system files.
- It may cause if any other program detects maliciously or wanted to replace the anti-malware related files.
- During software design, you can face this error. Because of the incompletable programs
- If you have the memory problem, then you can also get this problem
- The bad graphics driver may be the causes of this error
This is the main and basic causes of this error. Whatever may be the causes of this error, you can fix it easily. Here we declare some ways to remedy the error. Just apply these to overcome this error.
Steps to Resolve Malwarebytes runtime error
With the help of troubleshooting, you can also solve this error but it is difficult and will consume more time. Just keep patience and follow the steps.
Step 1: Close all the conflicting programs
Whenever you will get this error to keep in mind that it may happen due to the programs due to the programs which are conflicting with each other. Then the first thing you have to is close all the conflicting programs which are the cause of this error.
- At first, open the Task Manager by pressing Alt+ctrl+Delete from the keyboard. It will show you the programs which are currently running.
- Then, go to the process tab and click on the end process button
- After that, you have to identify which process is causes of this error by observing the error message after stopping each process at a time.
It may fix this error. If not then you can try the next step.
Step 2: Update and Reinstall the conflicting programs
After closing the conflicting programs you have to reinstall all this conflicting the applications. You can use it in two ways either using the control panel or using other methods. Just follow it.
Using the Control Panel
- For Windows 7- Click on the start button and go to the control panel then Uninstall the programs.
- For Windows 8- First click on the start button, then scroll down and go to the More setting option after that click on the Control panel and Uninstall the programs.
- For Windows 10- In Windows 10 you have to type control panel in the Cortana and press the enter. In the control panel Uninstall the programs.
- After uninstalling the programs you have to the Programs and features option then right click on the program and click on the Update and Uninstall option
Using Other methods
- For Windows 7- In Windows 7 you have to click on the start option then go to the control panel. Scroll down and you can see the list of the uninstalling utility available in the tab.
- For Windows 10- Click on the start button then go to the setting option and then click on the Apps and Features option
- Then scroll down to see the apps and features that are installed on the computer.
- After that click on the program which is causing this error and uninstall the program or you can go to the advance option to reset the application.
Step 3: Download the latest Windows update
Viruses and malware can be the causes of this error. To fix this error you have to update the virus protection program or you can directly update it through the updation of the Windows. Make sure you have updated the virus protection apps regularly. Run the Windows update so that you can get the latest virus definition and fix it.
Step 4: Re-install the Runtime libraries
You can also get this error by the unsuccessful updates of runtime libraries like MS Visual C++. The thing you can do is, you just uninstall the old copy and then, install a fresh copy. To reinstall the runtime libraries
- Uninstall the package by going to the programs and features option and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++
- Then, uninstall it by taping on the uninstall option. When it is done reboot your computer
- After that, download the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ and install it
Step 5: Run the Disk cleanup
If you have the low space of the computer then also you can face this problem. For this, you have to back up files, clear the unnecessary data and cache files to clear the disk. Or you can also run the disk clean up and reboot your computer. To do it
- Open the Explorer Window and right click on the main directory
- After that click on the properties and then click on the option Disk Cleanup
Step 6: Reinstall the Graphics Driver
This error may be related to the bad graphics driver. If it then you can do the following.
- At first, locate your device manager and locate the graphics driver
- Then right-click on the Uninstall button and restart your computer
If you are getting this error related to the Internet Explorer. Then, you can do the following steps.
- Reset the browser
- For Windows 7- Click on the Start button, then go to the Control Panel, then click on the internet options on the left side. After that click on the Advanced tab and click on the reset button.
- For Windows 8,10- Click on the search and type internet options after that click on the Advance and hit the reset option.
- Disable the script debugging and Error notification
- In the same Window of internet options window, you can get the Advance option
- Click on the check button and uncheck “Display a Notification about every Script Error” then click on the Apply and then hit the OK button
- After that reboot your computer
Step 8: Run the sfc/scannow command
Corrupted files can also cause this error. At that time you have to run sfc/scannow command. System file checker allows you to restore the corrupted files.
Run the system file checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,10)
- Click on the start button
- In the search box type command
- Then, press Ctrl+shift+ enter
- Now you will see a permission box in that box click on the Yes
- After that, type sfc/scan now and press the Enter key from the keyboard
- Your System file checker will start scanning for the error code 383 of Malwarebytes.
Step 9: Full malware scan
There is a chance to this error could be related to the malware and viruses of your PC. This can damage your run time-related files. If you have any anti-malware software then you can do a full scan of your system.
Step 10: Perform a clean installation of Windows
This step is your final option to overcome this error. A clean installation of your windows may fix all the error and problems of your windows. Moreover, a clean installation can quickly clean all the junk and bugs off your system.
This article gives you a brief idea of how can you resolve Malwarebytes runtime error 383. Hopefully, these quick fixes help you to overcome this problem. If you have any queries then you can leave it in the comment section below.