At the time of using Malwarebytes software to protect the computer from virus, adware, and so on, many users face some problems. Malwarebytes error code 20025 is one of those annoying problems that disturb your work. Generally, it can occur because of an incomplete installation of Malwarebytes software or due to a corrupt download. If you are also facing such a problem, then stop worrying as we are here to help you. We are here with some simple and easy processes that will help you to get rid of this problem in a couple of minutes. Let’s know more about the Malwarebytes error code 20025.
Symptoms of Malwarebytes Error Code 20025
- At the time of running a program, your computer might frequently crash with the error 20025.
- The error will appear to your computer screen and crash the active program window.
- For a few seconds, your computer will freeze frequently.
- Windows will start to respond to the mouse or keyboard input sluggishly and it will run slowly.
- You will see ‘Malwarebytes Error 20025’ message on your computer’s screen.
You might face such errors at the time of program installation, while Windows startup or shutdown. Also, during a Malwarebytes corporation-related software is running or at the time of the installation of the Windows Operating System, the issue can crop up. Information about the fact that where and when Malwarebytes error code 20025 appears is the important one.
Causes of Malwarebytes Error 20025
Have a look at the causes that can be behind this error:
- If there is any corruption in Windows registry from a recent Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-related software change.
- A corrupted installation of this Anti-Malware software or a problematic download can create such a problem.
- Malware infection or virus can corrupt Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-related files or Windows system files.
- If any other program of your system has mistakenly or maliciously deleted Malwarebytes Anti-malware related files then this error can happen.
Methods to Resolve Malwarebytes Error 20025
There are many factors that can be the reason behind the occurrence of this kind of runtime errors. And to resolve this error, you have to troubleshoot each of the possible causes. Here, we have described some steps to fix this error code 20025. Follow them one by one and resolve the problem without wasting so much time and energy.
Repair Registry Entries Related to Error Code 20025
First of all, you have to go to the Command Prompt after hitting right-click on the Start button. And then, type in ‘regedit’ and after that, press the Enter key. Here, you have to select the error code 20025 related key when the Registry Editor will launch.
After that, from the File menu, you should click on Export. And in the File name box, under ‘Save in’ list, you have to type a name for backing up Malwarebytes. After that, with the .reg extension, save the file.
Perform a Full Malware Scan on your PC
If the previous step failed to work, then go for a full scan of your PC. This can help you to resolve the issue as for any malware or antivirus can affect your device. It this is the reason behind the error code 20025, then run a full scan.
To do so, open the antivirus of your choice. Then, click on the option Scan Now and wait until the process is over. If this also fails to solve the problem, then go to the next step.
Uninstall and then Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti Malware
To uninstall the Anti Malware follow the next steps:
First of all, right click on the Windows button and head over to the Control Panel. Now, you have to click on ‘Uninstall A Program’ option to continue the process. There, you will find a long list of programs. From there, do select Malwarebytes Anti Malware and uninstall it.
And now, reinstall the program following the next steps:
Download Malwarebytes installer and then follow the on-screen instructions. And in this way complete the task of installing the Anti-malware program in your device.
Hope after using the above tricks, you have resolved the issue. To go through more articles like this, stay connected to our website. And, don’t forget to express your thoughts regarding this article in the comment section.