Malware is a set of codes which harm computer and data. That’s why the software like Malwarebytes Anti Malware is created to keep your PC safe from every kind of malware. But just like all the other software, Malwarebytes Anti Malware also has some drawbacks which irritate the users every now and then. Thus, in this article, we have provided fixes for one of the common problems. And that is Malwarebytes Anti Malware error code 5.
Causes Of Malwarebytes Anti Malware Error Code 5
Every error code has a certain meaning. Error code 5 is displayed when a particular requirement does not meet related to either software or hardware. Malwarebytes Anti Malware error code 5, according to the official developer, means the Access is Denied. Also, error code 5 generally pops up during installing a software, Windows Startup, or even installation of the Windows Operating System. The main causes of this error code are:
- Corruption in the Windows registry from a recent Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-related software change.
- Accidental deletion of one of the vital files or folder of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Other than these technical issues, error code 5 can also occur when you don’t have the particular permission to some sites.
Symptoms Of The Malwarebytes Error Code 5
When the error code 5 occurs in your system, a popup notification box appears on the screen. But there are some occasions when this error code doesn’t come with a popup and instead, starts showing a few symptoms. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Your PC frequently crashes while running a program.
- The PC runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your device time after time freezes.
Fixes Of Malwarebytes Anti Malware Error Code 5
There are many options available to fix the error code 5 depending on the root of the problem. But if you are unable to identify the causes of the problem, then you can perform some basic method to resolve.
Repair The Registry Entries
Most of the times, error code 5 causes for incorrectly editing the registry entry. Manually editing does remove the error 5 but be careful. Because incorrectly editing or misplacing a command not only stops your PC but also creates major damages to the Operating System. So, if you’re trying to use this method, then do it with a help of trusted registry cleaner or the guidance of a PC Service professional. However, before anything else, you have to create a backup.
- Open the search box from the home screen and type command in it. After that, hold Ctrl+Shift, then hit the Enter button.
- After hitting the Enter button, you will see a permission dialog box. Choose Yes to proceed to the next step.
- Within less than one second, a black box will open. Type regedit on it and hit Enter.
- Now, in the registry editor, select the files which you want to backup and export it from the File menu. Choose a folder to Save the backup.
- Make sure that Selected branch is chosen from the Export Range box before jumping to the next step and click the Save button.
- Now, your files will be backed up with .reg file extension and you will be all set to edit the registry.
Edit the Registry
- Registry mainly contains two basic elements. One is Key and another one is Value. If you know which Key you have to edit, just press Ctrl + F to open the find dialog box.
- Once the box is open, type the Key name and click Find.
- After you find the key, double click on it to edit the value data and click OK to save the edits.
Once the edit is done, restart your device to check if the problem is still there or not.
Scan Your PC With An Antivirus
If editing the registry doesn’t work for you, then running a full scan can fix the problem. In research, it is found that 7 out of 10 errors occur because some malware corrupted an important file. Malwarebytes anti-malware error 5 is not an exception among them. So, you can simply scan your PC to remove the infection and restore the files to fix the problem.
Clean The System Junk
Sometimes, simple reasons like overloaded hard disk can slow down the response of the Malwarebytes and ultimately cause the error code 5. So, cleaning up the temporary files not only remove the error but can boost up your PC’s performance.
If you are also looking forward to learn the Disk Cleanup, then follow the method given below:
- Once again, type command in the search box from the home screen and select the Command Prompt from the search results.
- Once the Command Prompt box opens, type cleanmgr and hit Enter.
- Within a few minutes (depending on how much junk files your PC process) Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with series of checkboxes to select from.
- Check the boxes you want to remove from the PC and press OK to start the cleaning process. Once the cleaning process is complete, check if the error is eliminated or not.
Run Windows System File Checker
The error code 5 can be easily and automatically solved by running the Windows System File Checker. With the File Checker tool, you will not only be able to point out the corrupted file but can restore them at the same time. So, if you are also planning to try the method, then you have to open the Command Prompt box. Then, type sfc / scannow and press the Enter button to start the scanning process. Once the process is finished, go through the on-screen command (depending on the result) to restore the necessary files and solve the problem.
Reinstall The Malwarebytes Software
If none of the above methods work for you, then your final choice will be reinstalling the Malwarebytes.
- Open Control Panel and click on the Programs.
- Once the new window opens, click on the Programs and Features and locate the Malwarebytes. Click on it.
- Then, from the given option of top menu ribbon, click on the Uninstall button.
- After that, follow the on-screen direction to complete the uninstallation process.
- After the program is removed from your device, download a fresh copy from the Malwarebytes official site and install it in your device.
For information, this uninstallation process is only for Windows 7 device. You have to follow a different path to uninstall programs from other versions of Windows.
This is all for Malwarebytes Anti Malware error code 5. We hope these methods will solve the problem. If you have some other methods to fix the problem, then you can also share those with us.