Mac mail not working is the general issue which is encountered by the Mac users. Generally, this issue pops up when the internet connection is not connected properly. Sometimes, you can see this problem if any third party antivirus is installed on your system. Inaccurate account settings and an outdated version of OS can also cause this issue. Moreover, if you are not updated the Mail software then you can face this issue on your system. Most of the Mac users have reported that their mac mailbox is not working properly on their system so that they cannot do their important work. As soon as possible they want to resolve this problem. If you are also Mac user and facing this similar issue then go through this article. Here, you will get all the possible solutions to get rid of the Mac mailbox not working problem on your device.
Prominent Methods to Resolve Mac Mail Not Working Problem
Here we have provided you with proven methods to fix the Mac mail not working problem on your system immediately. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Method 1 – Update the Operating system
When your mail is not working on your system, you need to check the Operating system which is updated or not. Sometimes updating your system can resolve may problems that you have faced. So, as soon as possible, you need to update your system. In order to resolve this problem, follow the under mentioned steps:
- Click on the Apple icon to launch the menu list.
- Choose System Preferences option.
- In the System Preferences window, go to the Software Update section.
- If the update is available, click on the Update option.
- Once it is done, restart your system and then check whether the mailbox works properly without any issue.
Method 2 – Restart your System
Sometimes restart your system can resolve the Mac mail not working problem. To do so, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Go to the Apple menu list.
- Click on the Restart option. After restarting your system check whether the problem has been resolved.
Method 3 – By using the Rebuild Features
By using the Rebuild features, you can easily get rid of mail not working on Mac issue. Follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Mac Mailbox application.
- In the Mac Mailbox application window, select the appropriate mailbox from the left side panel.
- Click on the Rebuild option under the drop-down menu of Mailbox. Now you will find the rebuilding process has started.
- Once it is done, check if the problem occurs or not. If the problem still there, then you need to follow the next one.
Method 4 – Restart the Mail Application
If the previous methods do not work properly, then you can try this method to fix this issue on your system is restarting the Mail application.
- At first, go to the Apple menu list and select the Home.
- Then, click on the Library section and then go to the Preferences tab.
- In the Preferences tab, scroll down the page and find the copy “com.apple.mail.plist” to your PC.
- After doing this, restart the Mail application.
Method 5 – Remove Sender Unknown
By removing the Sender Unknown can also fix this problem. The steps which are mentioned below:
- In the beginning, right-click on your email account.
- Click on the Get Account Info button
- Locate the Sender Unknown emails and delete them from the server.
Method 6 – Update the Mail Application
An alternative method that you can use on your system to fix this problem is updating the mail application. To complete this method, follow the steps cited hereunder
- Launch the Finder window and click on the Applications section.
- In the Applications tab, double-click on the Mail to launch the official app. Now you can check whether the mail application is updated or not.
- If not, then go to the official website of Apple and download the latest version of Mail application.
- Once it is done, install it. To complete the installation process follow the onscreen instructions carefully. After installing this, restart your Mac system and then check if the issue has been fixed.
Method 7 – Change Mail Settings
Modify the Mail settings can also resolve this problem that you have faced. Follow the steps cited below:
- Launch the Mail application, then go to the Mail menu and select the“Preferences”
- Next, navigate to the Accounts section, and select the email account then select the Advanced tab.
In the Advanced section, go to the titled “Automatically detect and maintain account settings”, then do as follows depending on what situation you find:
- If it is unmarked, mark it and reopen the Mail app
- If it is marked, unmark it, then quit and reopen the Mail app.
Method 8 – Uninstall the Antivirus
Removing the antivirus can also eliminate this problem from your system. The steps are given below:
- Press and hold the Option key, and then go to the Apple menu.
- Then go to the Applications section.
- In the Applications section, find the Third party antivirus and click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Write the password and then click on the OK option. Now you will find the uninstallation process has started.
- Once it is completed, restart your Mac system.
Method 9 – Delete “com.apple.mail.savedState” Folder
Sometimes, remove the com.apple.mail.savedState folder can also resolve the Mail not working on your system. To do that:
- Firstly, close the Mail application and launch the Finder window.
- In the Finder window, navigate to the file way /Library/Saved Application State
- When the Saved Application State section opens, find the com.apple.mail.savedState folder.
- Select the Delete option to remove that folder.
Hope, this article will definitely help you to resolve the Mac Mail not working on your system. We have simplified all the steps so that you can easily understand the method and do these on your system. If the problem still occurs, then you need to take expert help for better assistance.