Mac provides an excellent facility to the users with its extensible functionalities. Moreover, its incredible features make it famous among Apple users. However, it is not an absolute technical glitch free device and sometimes it becomes an annoying issue for the Apple users. Often, you may get stuck with the error message, “Mac can’t find wireless printer” while connecting your printer with the Mac device. The Mac device then fails to recognize the printer due to a connection error. Therefore, you won’t able to take a print without fixing this annoying issue. However, here in this article, we are going to discuss some of the critical issues with the Mac wireless printer along with some technical solutions to fix those glitches
“Mac cannot find Printer “- What are the vital issues behind it?
Lots of common issues are responsible for creating this annoying Mac printer problem. Moreover, it damages the printer as well as diminishes the Mac performance. However, the following reasons will allow you to resolve the problem at the very initial stage of the printing error.
- If you use your printer without enabling the Air Print features, then the Mac device might show you this annoying Mac connection error.
- The network issues such as defective cables or dropping signal also cause the Mac network issue.
- Outdated MacOS creates a problematic factor behind the error message, “Mac can’t find wireless printer”.
- Printer clogging issue is another significant issue behind this annoying issue.
- Router firmware outdated version sometimes fails to create a connection between the Mac device and the printer.
- Printer driver settings error is another problem to build a smooth connection between a Mac and a scanner.
Mac can’t find Wireless Printer-Resolve it with Simple Technical Ways
There are several ways to fix the Mac can’t find wireless printer issue efficiently. Here, we are going to discuss some of the easy solutions that make you flexible to use the printer via a Mac device. So, you may try out the steps below to overcome the common issues associated with the wireless printer in your Mac device.
Reset Printer System
- Click on the Apple menu and choose the System Preferences menu from the gallery.
- Choose Printers and Scanners from System Setup window. Here, you will get a list of devices which you have already installed in your system.
- Next, hold the Control keys for a second and click anywhere in the device list.
- Select the Reset printing system option from the appeared drop-down menu.
- Now, confirm the process by clicking on the OK button and when done, reboot the printer device as well as a Mac device.
Enable Air Print
Sometimes by enabling Air print in your device, you can eliminate this Mac printer is not connected issue.
- Disconnect the cables that create a connection between the Mac device and the wireless printer.
- Switch off the scanner and reconnect the cables and wires. After that, reconnect the printer
- Now, open the Apple menu tab and open the System Preferences window.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners from the drop-down list.
- Here, you will get a list of scanners which are already installed on your system.
- Choose the correct printer model name from that specific printer device list.
- If the printer devices are not shown on that list, then go to the Printers and Scanners Preferences window.
- Select the option Add a Printer (+ Sign) and include the name of the printer which use to scan the copies.
- After that, choose the IP icon from the resultant window and hit the Add button to confirm it.
- Once done, click on the OK and Close button respectively to exit from the window.
If you upgrade MacOS in your Mac device, then this error will get eliminated from your Mac device. To perform this, follow the steps described below:
- Switch on the Apple Mac device and open the App Store on the Mac window.
- Click on the Updates tab from the top section of the resultant window.
- In the next window, you can see the option Software Update- MacOS Sierra.
- Now, click on the Update button to start the download process and wait until the Mac OS and installation program are completed.
- Reboot the Mac when the entire process is done and check whether the printer is connected with your Mac or not.
Upgrade Router Firmware
Sometimes iOS 10 notifications not working issue occurs due to outdated router firmware. So, you need to upgrade it to permanently fix this glitch. So, go through the steps below:
- Double-click on the browser icon and launch the browser window on the screen.
- Now, type the router default IP Address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click on the Search button.
- Fill the Username field name with the correct Router User ID and passcode. Now, hit the Enter key to go to the next window.
- Click on the Advanced tab from the resultant window and choose Administration from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the Router Update or Firmware Update option from the next window and hit the Check button.
- Finally, click on the Yes button to confirm the Firmware upgrade process. It will take a few minutes to complete the entire process.
- Once done, reboot the system and check whether the Mac display shows the error message, “Mac can’t find wireless printer” or not.
Delete Printer Job Queue
Perform the following steps to do so:
- Open the Printer and Devices window from the Apple menu.
- Right-click on the option What’s Printing option.
- Choose the option Cancel from the appeared pop-up menu. It will identify the jobs if pending any.
- Select Use Printer online option after canceling out the job queue.
- Once done, reboot the Mac system as well as restart the printer. Then, check whether the message, “Mac printer is not connected” is appeared or not.
Fix Network Issues
If Mac can’t find a wireless printer error occurs because of the problematic network, then you can fix this issue by following the steps provided below:
- Click System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select the Network icon and click on the Advanced tab.
- Choose Apple Talk to verify the AppleTalk status. If it shows active, then it is fine. Otherwise, move the slider and turn the Apple Talk on.
- Besides this, check whether the WiFi signal is stable or not. If it is toggling, then contact your ISP dor a quick technical fix.
- If you are a user of the wired connection, then verify the Ethernet cables and the USB port. In case, you find any of them defective or damaged, repair them as soon as possible.
Uninstall and Reinstall Mac Printer Driver
Sometimes simply by uninstalling and reinstalling the Mac printer device, you will be able to get rid of this problematic error, so go through the below steps to do so.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Print & Fax option.
- Highlight the printer model and click on the drop-down icon to see the Printers list.
- Now, remove the printers devices from the list.
- Click the OK button and open the Hard Drive.
- Choose Library and click on the Printers from the drop-down list.
- Select your printer model and drag it into the trash for removing the folder.
- Reboot the PC after making empty the trash.
- Again, open the web browser window and type the Apple Official link into the address bar. Press the Enter key to open the Apple official page.
- Click on the Download option to download the software and save the new file into your system.
- Now, open the new folder and run the executable file to complete the installation process.
- Click on the Quit option when you will get a successful message regarding this installation process.
- Again, open the Print and Fax window and click on the Add Printers by expanding the Printer devices option.
- Now, type the new printer driver model and click on the Add button to set the printer successfully.
- Finally, try to take a printout and check whether the Mac device can recognize the printer driver easily or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the problem regarding the Mac cannot find a printer like major issue effectively. Moreover, we have given some of the effective solutions that help you to get rid of the Mac can’t find the wireless printer issue. Even, we have defined the possible reasons behind the Mac error. So we hope this article is helpful to overcome the Mac printer is not connected problem easily without any hassle.