Lenovo laptops are one of the finest products among all the users for their advanced features and attractive designs. However, there might be some issues which the users may note time to time with this brand. Therefore, among all the issues, one such issue is Lenovo laptop won’t turn on. A number of users across the globe have reported this problem while they are trying to turn on their laptops and it won’t turn on. This issue generally happens due to some faulty software or sometimes, there might also be an issue with your Windows BIOS. So, if you are dealing with the same issue and don’t know what to do and how to resolve this glitch, then don’t panic, you are not alone. In this content, we will explore all the probable causes and effective hacks to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for Lenovo laptop won’t turn on
There are several causes of this issue if your Lenovo laptop won’t turn on. Sometimes, the laptop’s battery has extended its shelf life, which consequently results in the situation when you see that the Lenovo laptop will not turn on. Moreover, if you are using a worn out Operating System on your laptop, then this will surely affect your system which sometimes results in your laptop won’t turn on. Sometimes due to a corrupted BIOS cause this obstacle on your Lenovo laptop. But, you can easily fix this issue by performing some effective methods that we will explore in the next section.
Easy Ways to Resolve Lenovo laptop won’t turn on
Here are some of the easy methods we have prepared to resolve the Lenovo laptop not turning on as soon as possible. You can follow one of these methods or all the methods to get rid of this difficulty:
Method 1: Boot your Lenovo laptop in Safe Mode
Booting the Lenovo laptop in the Safe Mode is the primary and one of the best troubleshooting methods to escape this issue. The Safe Mode allows you to troubleshoot the issue with programs and drivers that are not working properly. Following are some of the hacks below to perform the task.
- At first, be sure that you have saved all your pending works before performing a boot on your Lenovo laptop in a safe mode.
- Now, restart your Lenovo laptop normally from the settings by pressing Shift+Restart key. If you are unable to do that, then hold the power button on your Lenovo laptop for a couple of seconds to turn it off and then do the same again to start it.
- Now, when Lenovo’s logo appears after the restart, press Windows key+R at the same time on your keyboard to force the Windows to boot from safe mode.
- Click on the Advanced options from the Window and then strike a click on Start-up Settings and then navigate to Enable the safe mode.
Restart your laptop once you are done with all the steps and check whether you are able to start your Lenovo laptop normally. If the issue still continues and the Lenovo laptop doesn’t boot up properly, then go through the next method below.
Method 2: Do a BIOS Update
Due to some internal error, sometimes the BIOS goes corrupted or there might be some other issues with that. In that case, you are unable to turn on your Lenovo laptop. Hence, we recommend you to do a BIOS update on your laptop to get escape from this issue. Following are some of the steps below to do a BIOS update.
- Turn on your Lenovo laptop in a safe mode and then click on the Windows button and navigate to the System Information from the top of the window.
- Now, find out your laptop’s model number that is next to the system’s model number and then open a web browser on another device to download the BIOS file.
- Now, navigate to the manufacturer’s website and enter the model number of your laptop matches your BIOS version.
- Click on the download button next to the bottom-left corner of your window and save the .exe file to any drive.
- Now, extract the file using USB to your Lenovo laptop and follow the instructions when prompted to do a BIOS update.
Restart your Lenovo laptop immediately, once you are done with the BIOS update and check whether the laptop starts normally. If you are still unable to access your Lenovo laptop, then go through another method below.
Method 3: Restore Windows on your Lenovo laptop
Restoring the Windows on your Lenovo laptop helps you to recover your device freezes on startup. We recommend you to create a backup of all the data and files to retrieve it back after the restore complete. Following are some of the hacks below to perform the task.
- At first, turn on your Lenovo laptop normally and press the F8 key immediately before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Now, choose “Repair Your Computer” option from the Window’s page and wait a couple of minutes until the repair mode is ready to proceed next.
- Click on OK and choose your Windows account when asked and then again tap on OK to choose the System Restore option.
- After that, Windows will display all the available points for the System Restore.
- Choose any of those points that best suits you and then click on Next to Restore to the selected point on your Lenovo laptop.
Restart your computer and check whether your laptop starts normally or not.
We have discussed all the possible hacks to resolve the issue if your Lenovo laptop not turning on. You can try one of these methods or all the methods to get out of this problem. Hope this article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to fix if Lenovo laptop won’t turn on. In case the problem continues, or you are unable to turn on your Lenovo laptop normally, then there might be some hardware issues or the screen goes dead. In that case, better you leave your system to a professional hand or take an expert’s guidance. Lastly, we recommend you to drop us a comment below to let us know about your feedback.