No sound problems are one of the most common issues which occur on Lenovo laptops quite frequently. This issue usually appears when the users try to play any audio or video file on their Lenovo laptop but it refuses to give out any kind of sound. This occurs due to some internal problems. Most of the time, this type of audio issue is caused by some software malfunctions. However, on a few circumstances, this issue gets activated due to some hardware problems as well. Now, if you are one of those users who is encountering the Lenovo laptop no sound issue on their system, then follow this article.
Prime Causes of Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working:
Here are some common problematic factors that can cause this issue on your Lenovo laptop. Have a look at them:
- Outdated Sound Drivers.
- Damage or faulty hardware parts.
- Inappropriate Sound settings of Lenovo laptop.
Now, if you have marked down all the possible cause of the Lenovo laptop no sound issue, then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Best Ways to Solve Lenovo Laptop No Sound Issue:
The Audio system of a Lenovo laptop is connected with different important sectors of the system. That’s why in order to solve the Lenovo laptop sound not working issue the user needs to find all the problems of those sectors and then, apply the solutions accordingly. Now, in this section we have provided some of the most effective solutions, have a look at them and try to apply them as instructed.
Verify Volume Settings
Most of the time, this kind of issue occurs in Lenovo laptops due to improper sound settings. Many users mistakenly mute the sound settings or disable the external audio device. This creates an illusion that the Laptops’ sound system has abruptly failed. That’s why before you try any major solution on your laptop, verify your sound settings. And if, you find any kind of mistake, then fix it in order to solve this issue.
Select the Default Audio Device
Another common mistake that causes this issue on Lenovo laptops is the inappropriate selection of the sound device. Sometimes, the user selects and sets an incorrect sound device as their default audio output source. This creates an improper sound output situation which eventually leads to the Lenovo laptop no sound issue. However, it is quite easy to modify and you can do it by following the given information.
- First, right click on the Speaker icon and open up the Context menu.
- On that menu, you have to select the ‘Sound’ option.
- Now, new windows will pop-up on your screen. On that window, you have to tap on the Playback tab.
- Inside that tab, you have to right click on the empty space. A pop-up menu will arise. On that pop-up menu, select the ‘Show Disabled Devices’ option and then ‘Show Disconnected Devices’ option. Now, by doing this you will get the required info about the status of your in-built sound device or speaker.
- Once you get to the Sound Device, right-click on it and select the Enable option from the menu.
- After that, select the required Sound Device and hit the Set Default option. Now, you have to hit on the OK button in order to save all the changes.
Now, your desired audio devices have been set as the default audio output source of your system. This method should fix the audio problem on your Lenovo laptop.
Modify the Audio Format of the Lenovo Laptop
Many Lenovo laptop users have reported that the no sound issue is happening on their system due to the implementation of improper Audio format. Now, to rectify this misconfiguration follow the given steps.
- Right click on the Speaker icon and select the Sounds option from the pop-up menu.
- A new window will instantly appear on your screen. On that window, you need to locate and select the default audio device. After that, hit the Properties button.
- Now, on the Properties window, you need to tap on the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab, you have to select a different audio format and then, hit the Test button.
If you are able to hear the test sound, then it means that your connected sound device is working appropriately. But, if this method doesn’t work, then try the other solutions present in this article.
Restart the Lenovo Laptop
Now, if even after rectifying all the software misconfiguration, your Lenovo laptop still displays the no sound issue, then you should reboot your system. By doing this you will fix all the improper sound settings and solve the Lenovo laptop no sound issue very easily. A lot of users have tried this method on their laptop and received positive feedback from it.
Update the Sound/Audio Drivers
It is quite possible that your Audio drives are outdated and that is creating this issue. Now, to update the drivers, follow the given steps:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the “Windows Key + X” key. Then, on the dialog box type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit the OK button or Enter Key.
- Now, instantly the Device Manager window will appear on your screen. On that window, you have to locate the Printer Drivers and then, double click on it.
- A pop-up window will emerge on your screen. On that, you have to tap on the Driver tab.
- Inside that tab, you have to tap on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- After that, a prompt will rise up on your window. There you have to click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option, in order to begin the update process.
Once you do that, the update service will start a search for all the available drivers. If available, then the update service will automatically download and install those updated sound drivers. After that, the driver installation process gets complete, reboot your system and check for the existence of no sound issue.
Use the Windows Troubleshooter
In the Windows OS, there is an in-built error correction tool which can fix almost any system problems. You can use this tool to solve this issue. The name of the tool is Windows Troubleshooter and you can activate it by following the given instruction:
- First, click on the Start icon and open up the Search bar.
- Then, on the Search bar type ‘troubleshooter’. Now, click on the first option which appears on the result area.
- The Troubleshooter windows will instantly pop-up on your screen. There you need to find the Playing Audio option and then, click on it.
- Now, the Troubleshooter will start its error correcting process. It will take some time so try not to hinder the process.
Once the troubleshooting process gets complete, reboot your system and then, check whether the issue is fixed or not.
On certain situations, it is quite possible that the laptop no sound issue is occuring due to some hardware problems. Therefore, in that case, you should consult with some technical person to gain further guidance. We hope that our solutions are helpful and you are able to fix Lenovo laptop no sound issue. For more tech related-contents keep following our articles.