iPhone is known to be the world’s most powerful device. But that doesn’t mean, an iPhone is an error-free device. There are some issues with this device which appear abruptly and is a more than common fact. iPhone error 9 error occurs much more frequently while trying to get the latest iOS for the device. When you are trying to upgrade the iOS version, suddenly a message appears which says “iPhone could not be restored error 9”. So, if you are facing this error and don’t know what to do and how to handle this, then read this article. In this content, you get to explore all the possible causes and effective hacks to resolve this error.
Probable Causes of iPhone Error 9
There are several causes of iPhone error 9 which can damage your device permanently. At first, due to a jailbroken software use, it can trigger an iPhone error. Sometimes while trying to upgrade the new iOS your phone can generate this issue. Another major cause of this error 9 is due to bad network settings or defected USB cables and ports. Sometimes the security software or the firewall doesn’t let the iTunes access the Apple servers, which is another reason for this error 9. But, you can easily fix this bug by performing some effective hacks, that we will elaborate in the next section.
Effective Hacks for iPhone Error 9 Fix
We have prepared a list of some effective methods to fix iPhone error 9. Follow the methods step by step to get your problem solved as soon as possible.
Method 1: Check the USB Cable and Port
If you are unable to update the most recent iOS version on your iPhone device, then make sure the USB cable or the port are functioning without a glitch. A faulty USB cable or port will definitely cause an iPhone error 9. Therefore, you need to check all the elements properly to escape from this issue. Follow the steps to check the USB cable and port.
- At first, try to use the original USB cable that comes along with the iPhone device.
- Try a different USB port to plug your iPhone device and then, update the most recent version of iOS on your device.
Once you are done with the installation process, restart your iPhone and check whether the error is solved. If the error 9 still continues, try another method below.
Method 2: Update iTunes
Using the latest version of iTunes, you can avoid such type of glitches. Therefore, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your device. If you are still using the outdated version of iTunes, then here are some effective hacks to update the iTunes manually.
- Turn on your iPhone and navigate to the iTunes application.
- Now, enter the ID and the password to open the application, from the menu bar and then, click on “Check for updates”.
- Once you are done, follow the on-screen instructions and get the latest version.
- Click on Download and then, install the recently released version of iTunes application manually.
Restart your iPhone and check whether the error 9 is resolved. If the error still continues, try the next method listed below.
Method 3: Put iPhone Device in Recovery Mode
Putting your iPhone device in recovery mode is another way to resolve the error 9 from the device. Follow the effective hacks below to recover from the error:
- Connect your iPhone device to the computer and open the most recent version of the iTunes application that you have installed.
- Now, force restarts your device by holding the Power key until you see the Apple logo.
- Wait until your iPhone device connects to the iTunes on the computer.
- Now, follow the sub-menu from the window and select the Update option.
- Wait until the iTunes completes downloading the software for your iPhone and then, exit the process when the device connects to the iTunes screen.
- Now, restart your iPhone and set up your device after the restoration process completes.
We have discussed all the possible hacks for iPhone error 9 fixes. You can try one of these solutions or all the methods until the error is resolved. Hope this article was beneficial enough to guide you to settle ‘the iPhone could not be restored an unknown error occurred 9’ issue. In case, the error still continues, then take expert guidance. Lastly, we recommend you to drop us a comment below to let us know about your experience.