iOS is famous worldwide for its extensive features and outstanding performance. Inspite of its device flexibility, some of the technical glitches make it problematic to Apple users. If you are a new iPhone or iPad user, then the iOS 10 notifications not working is probably a severe issue for you. Once you encounter this issue, you never get any app notifications as well you can miss the iOS version upgrade alerts. However, we hope this article will play a crucial role to fix this annoying issue and avoid any conflicts associated with iOS 10 push notifications.
Major Reasons behind iOS Notification Error
Some of the common issues are responsible for this iOS 10 push notifications not working problem. However, once encountered, it also affects the Apple device badly, and if you don’t fix it early, it can damage your iDevice permanently. However, if you know the reasons for this error, it will be easier to avoid this annoying issue without facing any conflicts.
- Many times we keep our cell phone in silent mode during working hours. Therefore, this silent mode becomes a barrier to the push notifications on-time as it is not audible to the users.
- Outdated iOS won’t able to accept the notifications from time to time and shows the unexpected error.
- Network connection issue and incorrect network settings create this kind of annoying issue.
- If the WiFi fails to provide the users with a steady connection or starts to toggle on a frequent basis, then it creates a problem in getting the notification into the iOS device.
- Sometimes, we enable the DND (Do Not Disturb) service, Then your device settings prevent the notifications and show the iOS 10 notifications not working.
- Many times, we keep disabling the Allow App Notifications by tapping on the Disable option for some specific applications. Therefore, it will never show any single notification regarding that specific app.
Fix iOS 10 Notifications Not Working with Simple Technical Troubleshooting Steps
There are a lot of solutions present to resolve the iOS error effectively. Here, we are going to discuss the most effective of them that helps you overcome this iOS 10 notifications not working issue immediately. So, you might try out the steps below and enjoy a hassle-free iOS notifications program in your Apple device for a long time.
Force Reboot the iOS device
- Tap the Sleep and Volume Down button together and hold them for a few seconds.
- You can see a slider is showing on the screen.
- Next, move the slider from the left to the right side and shut down the iPhone device.
- Now, wait for 10-15 seconds and restart the device to check whether the iOS notifications not working issue occurs or not.
Check the iPhone Mode
- Check the mode strip that appears on the bottom section of the window.
- If the color of the strip is orange then it indicates that your device is set in silent mode.
- Toggle the button and activate the general mode.
- Now, check whether the notification tones are audible when it comes.
Perform iPhone Restore program
- Connect the iPhone device to the PC through a cable.
- Now, choose the option Summary from the device and click on it.
- From the resultant window, select Restore iPhone from the sub-menu and click on it to open the iPhone properties window.
- Then, the iTunes app will show a confirmation message on the screen. Now, hit the Restore button to start the retrieval process.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the entire data backup process and wait until it shows a successful message.
- When done, reboot the iPhone and set the notifications as per your choice to check whether the iOS 10 notifications not working problem is resolved or not.
- Plug your iOS device into the power and enable WiFi for connecting your device to the internet.
- After that, launch the Apple store and choose the Settings app from the gallery.
- Choose the General tab and open the Software Properties window.
- Click on the Software Update from the same window and it will directly give show you the Download and Install option.
- Tap on the Download and Install to start the Software download operation.
- Make sure that the device has enough space for this update. Otherwise, you need to tap on the Cancel button and clean the storage device.
Reset Network Settings
- Tap the General tab from the Settings app window from your Apple device.
- Now, scroll down until you get the option Reset and click on it.
- Under this section, you will find another option Reset Network Settings.
- Enter a correct Network passcode and confirm it by tapping on the OK button.
- When done, restart the iOS device and check whether the iOS 10 notifications not working problem is resolved or not.
Reset iPhone to Factory Settings
- Launch the Apple Store window and choose the Settings icon from the iPhone gallery.
- Click on the General tab and check the device status which appears on the screen.
- Tap on Reset to open the Reset Settings window.
- Finally, hit the button Reset All Settings and confirm it by tapping the Yes button from the resultant dialog box.
- It will take a few minutes to clean up the devices and complete the restore to factory settings.
- When done, reboot the system and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Disable DND service
- Turn on the Apple device and open the Apple gallery by tapping on the App Store icon.
- Now, swipe the screen and check whether you get the half-moon shaped icon on your status bar.
- If you don’t find it, then try with other solutions. But, you find it, then it indicates that the Don Not Disturb service is enabled.
- Now, deactivate the service by tapping the button again and then clean the cache files from the device. Alternately, you can click on the Settings app icon and choose the Do Not Disturb icon.
- Now, move the slider to disable the active service. However, confirm it by tapping on the Yes button.
- Finally, reboot the Apple device and check whether the iOS 10 push notifications not working issue is fixed or not.
Allow Apps Notifications
- Open the Settings window by tapping on the Setting icon and choose Notifications from this window.
- Now, check the status of the app’s notification and enable it by tapping on the Allow Notification option, if the status is disabled.
- If you are still facing the problem, then choose the specific app from the Settings window.
- Next, enable alerts and notifications that will show up on the lock screen of the Apple device.
Connect to Stable Network
- Click on the Settings app from the iOS gallery and go to the Network and Security section.
- Click on the WiFi icon and check whether it is activated or not.
- If it is found as disabled, then turn it on and choose a preferred network.
- Next, set up a strong passcode to protect internet data from unauthorized access.
- Now, verify whether the mobile data option is enabled or not.
- Go to the option Mobile Data from the Settings option.
- Next, toggle the slider and turn it on.
- After that, check whether the WiFi signal is steady or not. Sometimes, the continuous drop in the WiFi signal creates a problem to establish a smooth connection. If it happens, connect with the ISP for getting a trouble-free internet connection.
In the above article, we have discussed the problem associated with the iOs notification error. Moreover, we have tried to analyze the significant reasons behind this iOS 10 notifications not working issue. Besides this, we have also described the effective solutions that will help you to resolve this critical issue without any hassle. So, we hope this content will be helpful for all the Apple users, especially who are non-tech-savvy persons and are facing iOS notification error for a long time.