Sync Apple’s cloud storage with your Windows device through an easy to use the iCloud software. It is specifically designed for Windows and is indeed a handy software for sharing all your documents across multiple devices. However, the other side of the coin is that Windows 10 users report to face an unexpected technical glitch, where iCloud installation process fails to complete. In case you are facing this annoying situation, then here is the tailor-made pathway that can help to mitigate the error within a flicker of time. Go through this article and get a vivid view of the failure and how you can prevent it in the future.
Underlying Causes Behind iCloud Installer Error
There can be countless factors that can lead to this potential iCloud installer error. Here, we have listed a few of the underlying causes, have a look:
- This problem usually appears when you try to remove, uninstall, install, or upgrade iCloud on a Windows device. You might note that the iCloud stops at a certain point and you are unable to remove or update it.
- Furthermore, if there is incompatibility of Microsoft Office on the computer, then it can also block the Installer for functioning accurately.
Now, that you are well accustomed to essential causes prompting this error, let us proceed to the troubleshooting section.
Essential Method To Resolve iCloud Installer Error
The most basic fix is to reboot the device to eliminate any temporary or minor glitches, that might be behind this real-time error. This hack tends to vary from device to device. If you still find that the error is occurring in a loop, then follow the tips mentioned below.
Method 1: Re-register The Installer On your Computer
If the installer itself is not in a working condition, then it might be the root cause of the iClous error. You can fix it by unregistering and then re-registering it back on your computer.
- To proceed, use the shortcuts method, i.e., press the Windows key and R key simultaneous, to launch the Run dialog box. In the blank field, type in the command ‘MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER’ and hit the Enter key.
- This process will automatically unregister the installer. After it is done, again launch the Run dialog box, in the same manner, and type in the command ‘MSIEXEC /REGSERVER’. Hit the Enter key and wait till the process completes re-registering the Installer.
- Finally, reboot your computer to help it determine the recent changes. Launch the iCloud installer and test if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 2: Run iCloud Installer As Administrator
This is counted as one of the most simple hacks that can prove to be effective. At first, restart Windows 10 and then run the iCloud software installer as an administrator. You can easily do it by, right-clicking the iCloud setup file and choose ‘Run as Administrator,’ from the drop-down list. Wait till the process completes and note it the problem persists. Move to the next step in case the problem reappears.
Method 3: Uninstall The Previous iCloud Version
If you have already installed iCloud on your windows device, then a conflicting error may pop up due to outdated software. It is better to remove the previous one and get an updated version. This will additionally repair the corrupted files as well as eliminate the risk factors. You can also use any third-party utility, to remove leftover junk files.
- At first, you have to sign out from iCloud for Windows and then restart the Windows Operating System.
- Navigate to the utility package and click on ‘Remove iCloud for Windows’ button. You can also choose the Advanced mode to remove residual files.
- Finally, hit the Uninstall button to remove iCloud for Windows and click on the Next button. Wait until the process completes, and the registry files are erased.
- Now, navigate to the installer and note if you are still encountering the same problem.
Method 4: Run The ‘Install And Uninstall Troubleshooter’ Program
Windows comes along with a built-in program called the ‘Install and Uninstall troubleshooter’ to detect and fix that might be blocking the software and generating iCloud Installer error.
- Launch the website page and hit the Download button, this will save the program to your Windows 10 device. To open the troubleshooter, click on the file designated as ‘MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.’
- In the new window, click the Advanced tab and select the ‘Apply repairs automatically’ option. Finally, hit the Next button to run the program and click on the Installing option to detect and fix software installation errors.
- A message will prompt on your screen asking you whether you want to process or not. Click on the OK Button and from a list of search result select iClouds for Windows, followed by clicking on the Next button.
This might be able to help eradicate the problem at the earliest.
You need to proceed through the steps as mentioned, as any irregularity or mistake can lead to further problems. The hacks as discussed above must be enough to be beneficial for sorting the error through a DIY route. Furthermore, if you are not enough acquainted in the technical domain, then you must get requisite aid.