In this advancing generation, printers are one of the essential electronic gadgets that make our daily work easier. When it comes to the printing devices, HP is one of the best products, well-known for its high-quality printing. However, there might be several issues with the device from time to time. Among all the issues, one such issue is the HP printer USB device not recognized on your computer system. This issue generally happens due to repeatedly inserting and removing the USB on your system. So, if you are undergoing this issue and don’t know what to do and how to, this is the accurate page you have reached on. In this post, we will speak all the prime causes and the potential solutions to combat this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for the HP Printer USB Device not Recognized
If your computer system is unable to identify the HP printer USB device, then there might be numerous reasons behind this annoying issue. One such usual suspect for this issue is the time period. i.e., if you are inserting and removing the USB consistently on your system without a pause, then it will result in HP printer USB device not recognized. Another culprit for this issue is due to bad Microsoft and Hardware vendors. If there is any fault with the USB port or if the port goes dropped to its internal circuitry, then you might undoubtedly trigger this issue. However, you can efficiently terminate this issue by implementing some of the dynamic methods that we will elaborate in the next segment.
Progressive Methods to Fix the HP Printer USB Device not Recognized
Following are some of the dynamic methods to eliminate the HP printer USB device not recognized the issue in a flicker of time. You can go within one of these methods or all the processes until the obstacle is resolved:
Method 1: Use the Device Manager to Scan for Hardware Changes
Device Manager is an in-built feature in Windows that helps to recognize the hardware changes that the computer device is connected with. Following are some of the steps below to do so:
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows button to open the Windows search box.
- Now, open the Run command box and type “devmgmt.msc” in the box and then click Ok or press the Enter button.
- Once the Device manager opens, click on your Computer and then click on the Action button from the left pane on the Window.
- Now, click on Scan for Hardware Changes and check whether the USB device is working or not.
If the above method didn’t fix the USB problem, then try another method below.
Method 2: Disable and Re-enable the USB controller
- You have to disable and then re-enable the USB controller using the Device Manager to recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. Some of the steps follow which you can quickly go through:
- At first, turn on your computer and navigate to the Device Manager from the Windows search.
- Now, click the Run option and then type “devmgmt.msc” in the command box and press Enter or simply click on OK.
- Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option and Right-click the first USB controller option from the list to Uninstall.
- Do the same for all the USB controller to Disable all the USB ports and click on OK when the task finishes.
- Now, do the same tasks to re-enable aa the USB controller back.
Now, restart your computer and check whether the printer device recognizes the USB device or not. If still, the device is unable to recognize the USB device, try another method below.
Method 3: Update Generic USB Hub
If you are getting an unknown error or the hardware device is unable to recognize the USB, then must update the Generic USB Hub. following are some of the steps below to do so.
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to open Run.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the run command box and press Enter or simply click on OK.
- Now, navigate to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option from the menu and then extend the section.
- Right-click on the Generic USB Hub device from the left pane on the window and then strike a click on that option to update the driver.
- Now, select the Search Automatically for Update Driver Software option from the menu and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on Next and then on OK to update the Generic USB Hub automatically.
Restart your computer when the update is completed and then check for the issue if persists or not. If still, the device is unable to recognize the USB, try another method below.
Method 4: Uninstall the Hidden Devices
Sometimes, the Device Manager doesn’t show all the devices that are currently connected and installed on your system. It results in HP printer USB device not recognized on your computer system. Hence, you have to uninstall all the hidden devices to escape from this issue. his you can do this by the following:
- Turn on your computer device and navigate to the View option from the Windows search list.
- Now, drive to the Hidden Devices option and then expand the Network Adapters List.
- Select Uninstall All option from the list and then select Uninstall Any Unknown Sources to proceed next.
- Now, neglect the additional network devices separately and pick the Action option and then choose Scan for Hardware Changes.
- Once you recognize all the hidden devices, right-click on all the files one-by-one and select Uninstall option.
- Now, select OK and then click on Apply the Changes and do the same for all the applications to uninstall all the hidden files.
Restart your computer after the uninstallation process completes and check for the issues then.
We have discussed all the probable solutions to resolve this issue in every possible way. You can analyze all the above-mentioned methods to eliminate the issue from your system. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on “how to resolve if the HP printer USB device not recognized on your computer system?” In case, the issue perseveres or you are unable to sort out the problem yourself, then there might be some other internal issues or the hardware has gone down. In that case, better you transfer your system to a professional hand or discuss with a computer genius.