HP printers are one of the advanced highlighting printers, well known for its HD printing feature especially. The electronic gadget runs on the basis of software drivers that gets corrupted or goes faulty at times. In that case, users try to uninstall the software to install that again as new. However, there might be several glitches with the software at times and this results in HP printer software won’t uninstall. This issue especially happens due to some internal problems that prevent your computer system to uninstall the software. So, if you are going through this issue and unable to uninstall the HP printer’s software over your computer, then this is the right spot you have headed on. In this post, we will discuss all the probable causes for this issue and also the most effective solutions to resolve this error in no time.
Probable Causes of “Why HP Printer Software won’t Uninstall?”
If you are unable to uninstall the HP printer software, then there might be several causes behind this issue. It might be happening due to an internal software issue or that some of the files of that application goes corrupted. There might be some fault even with the Windows installer for which the software uninstallation cannot be performed. Sometimes, it happens that during the installation process, our system corrupts some Windows registry files, resulting in the Hp printer software won’t uninstall error. However, you can easily escape this issue by performing some of the efficient methods that we will elaborate in the next segment:
Simple Methods to Uninstall HP Printer’s Software Completely from your Windows System
In this segment, we will discuss some of the effective methods to fix if the HP Printer software won’t uninstall from your computer system. Follow one of these methods or all the methods until having the software uninstall completely.
Method 1: Uninstall your printer’s software from Remove Device option
If you are unable to uninstall the printer’s software manually, then you should try the program and features option on your system to perform the uninstallation. Following are some of the hacks below to do so.
- At first, disconnect all the power cables and the USB from your HP printer if it is connected.
- Now, turn on your computer and navigate to the Windows button and then click on the Remove Device option from the list that appears.
- Click the HP printer’s name there on the program’s list and then click on Uninstall.
- Click on Yes and then if the User Account Control message displays, then again click on Yes.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions and click on OK on the right side to finish the Uninstallation process.
Restart your computer after the uninstallation process completed and then, check whether the software application exists on your computer or not. If still, the software does exist and the uninstallation fails, try another method below.
Method 2: Remove the printer’s software from the Device List
The Device List is an In-built feature installed in the Windows operating system that helps the software programs to uninstall from the system. This feature is generally used to force uninstallation of a software application. Following are some of the steps to do so.
- At first, make sure that your HP printer is turned on and is disconnected with all the cables and the USB.
- Now, turn on your computer and navigate to the Windows devices from the Windows search box.
- Search the Devices and printers option from the search results and click on it.
- Now, expand the Printer section and right-click on the Printer’s icon from the menu.
- Click on Remove Device option on the right-middle side of the page and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- At last, click on Yes and then on Confirm to remove the HP printer’s software completely from your system.
Restart your computer and check whether the software application exists or not. If the software still exists and you are not completed with the uninstallation process, try another method below.
Method 3: Remove the HP printer’s software using Control Panel
If none of the above methods worked for you, then the only way you should perform to uninstall the software is using Control Panel. Control Panel option is the most effective way to remove a software completely from your system. Following are some of the methods below to do so.
- At first, remove all the cables and USB that connected on your HP printer.
- Now, turn on your PC and navigate to the Windows search bar and then type Control Panel there.
- Open the Control Panel and then navigate to the Programs and Features option from the list. You can also expand the list compatible as per your choice.
- Now, navigate to Uninstall a Program option from the Control Panel category and find your HP printer device from the application list.
- Click on the HP printer and click on Uninstall option to proceed to the next.
- Now, click on Yes and then on Confirm to remove the software completely from your Windows system.
Restart your computer and check whether the software application exists or not.
We Wrap It Up Here!
We have explored all the possible methods to uninstall a software application completely from your Windows system. You can try one of these methods to get your problem solved. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on “how to fix if the Hp printer software won’t uninstall?” In case, the application still persists and you are unable to remove that from your system, then there might be some other technical faults or intricate internal faults. In that case, better you consult with an expert or take technical support. At last, we recommend you to post your valuable feedback below to let us know about your experience.