While using your HP printer on a regular basis, you might have come across an error message saying ‘HP Printer Offline’ at times. If your internet connection is not stable or gets interrupted while printing some documents, this error might crop up. Moreover, if your printer fails to establish a proper communication with your PC, you might also encounter this typical problem. Hence, to get your HP printer back to its normal state, you need to address this issue at the earliest and get it fixed in an instant. Therefore, in this article, we have come up with some tried and tested methods that will help to fix the glitch without any difficulty. So, go through the guide in detail and eliminate your woes.
Why is HP Printer Offline? Know The Reasons
There are multiple reasons why you confront this typical error, which comes up as ‘HP printer offline’. Some generic causes include poor internet connection, faulty hardware or an outdated driver. However, you can combat all these obstacles by executing some effective solutions. In order to get your HP printer work like never before, do follow the instructions underlaid very carefully.
How to Fix HP Printer Offline Status in Windows 10?
Given that Windows 10 is one of the most compatible Operating Systems to work with, still HP printers might fail to communicate with your system. Well, you are not the only one to struggle with this issue. Off late, a lot of users have reported about certain problems while working with HP printer in Windows 10. Now, it’s time to put an end to your worries. We have listed 4 smart solutions whereby you can easily get out of the mess. Have a quick glance:
Method 1: Check the Printer Connection
When HP printer displays this error message, it clearly indicates that something is wrong with the connection between your computer and the printer. If you are using a faulty USB cable or the internet connection is weak, then the first thing you need to check is whether the printer is properly connected to your system. After that, go through the steps as follows:
- At first, turn off your HP printer and then turn it on after some time. Restart the device and wait until it is ready to function.
- Next, examine your printer connection. If you have connected the printer via a USB cable, ensure that it is properly connected. After that, make sure that you have connected the cable through a working USB port. In the other scenario, if you have connected your printer via a wired network, then you need to make sure that the printer is well connected to the Ethernet port. Also, the port through which the printer connects to the router must be in good working condition. Keeping all these considerations in mind, now check whether the network signal is flashing on your printer.
Method 2: Upgrade the Printer Driver
Often, HP printer displays ‘offline’ status if the printer driver is faulty. So you must ensure that the driver is updated and check if this solution works. There are two easy methods by which you can get the exact driver for your printer.
If you want to update the printer driver manually, you can do so by visiting the manufacturer’s website. See whether you can find the recent version of the driver. Make sure that you select the driver which is most compatible with your Windows 10 Operating System.
If you lack sufficient time, technical skills or patience to update the driver manually, there’s nothing much to worry. You can easily opt for the Automatic Update option by using some trusted tools.
Method 3: Examine the Printing Status
You need to keep in mind that the auto-updated printer driver can change the HP printer settings completely without even notifying you. Hence, ensure that the printer is completely error free.
- To begin with the process, at first you have to turn off the printer and again turn it on after some time.
- Next, search for the Windows key on your keyboard. Once you locate it, press it along with I at the same time. Finally, click on ‘Devices’.
- In the third step, you will find the option ‘Devices and printers’. Click on that.
- After that, click on the icon that appears with a green check-mark and click on ‘See what’s printing’.
- If you find a grey icon without a green check-mark, click on that particular icon and then click on ‘Set as Default Printer’.
- Lastly, click on the Printer. Here, if you find a tick mark beside the option ‘Pause printing’ and ‘Use Printer Offline’, click on them in order to remove the ticks.
Hope the three solutions mentioned above will be sufficient to shoot the issue of HP Printer Offline Windows 10 out. However, if the methods fail to satisfy your quest, then go for the next solution.
Method 4: Restart he Printer Spooler Service
Undoubtedly, HP printer will fail to work if the Printer Spooler Service refuses to perform its function. Under certain circumstances, this particular service is deactivated. At first, you have to check whether it’s running well. Then you can decide whether to restart it or not.
Initially, press the “P” key on your keyboard in order to locate the Printer Spooler item quickly. Now, check the status, if its running. Here, if you can’t find the status, click on the Print Spooler service and next click on Start. At this stage, if you wish you can restart the service by clicking on the Print Spooler and finally on ‘Restart’.
The methods listed above will surely benefit you to resolve your doubts regarding the HP Printer Offline issue. Go through the guidelines in detail and fetch the one that suits your requirement. If you fail to find a suitable one, visit the manufacturer’s site again and search for additional tips. If you need further clarification regarding any process, feel free to post your comments anytime.