HP printers are one of the most commonly used printers among the users worldwide. Being the most used, some of the users may face some issues while they are working with it. As an HP printer is a machine, it is bound to receive some issues if not properly maintained and/or with time. Therefore, if you are facing an issue your HP Printer like the HP printer not connecting to WiFi, then you can follow this article.
The reason for the issue can be due to the wireless connection or the drivers of the HP printer.
Hence, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the resolving hacks that will fix your HP printer issue in no time. Also, we will discuss some of the causes of the HP printer that will benefit you in solving the problem. Therefore, let us proceed to the next section of the article, in order to troubleshoot the HP printer issue.
Some of the Probable Causes of the HP Printer not connecting to WiFi issue
Knowing the causes of the issue helps to efficiently handle the problem and also makes the resolving process much easier. Therefore, we will discuss some of the reasons that will help to resolve your Hp printer not connecting to wifi issue in an instant. The reasons for the occurrence of the issue are given below:
- The most common reason for the issue to occur is the failure of the connection between the HP printer and your laptop, PC or router. If the system or your HP printer fails to establish a good and proper connection between the two then you can face some printing issues.
- The second common reason can be due to the driver of your HP printer. If the drivers of the HP printer are out of date or are missing then you may the HP printer issue.
- The third reason may be when you have recently upgraded to Windows 10 version. If the new Operating System is not compatible with the drivers of the HP printer then the HP printer may not connect to the WiFi.
- Another reason can be that the HP printer that you are using may conflict with the other wireless printers. If you are using multiple wireless printers on the same WiFi network then you may face the HP printer issue.
- Additionally, malware or virus attack to the printer or the system can also lead to a disconnection of the HP printer.
So, these were some of the reasons that may influence your printing process. Although there are many more reasons for the HP printer problem to occur, we have discussed some general ones. Now we will proceed to the next section of the article that you help you to resolve your issue.
“How to connect HP Printer to laptop wirelessly?” Best Hacks
After knowing the reasons for the HP printer issue, you can move read through the methods to resolve the problem. Also, make sure that you follow each step without any skip so that you can get the best out of the methods. The hacks that will help you to troubleshoot the HP printer issue are given as follows:
- Try to again connect the HP Printer.
- Connect the Undiscoverable HP Printer.
- Try to change the Default Printer Settings.
- You can take the help of the Setup Wizard.
- Try to Update the HP Printer Drivers.
After knowing the hacks, let us discuss each hack one by one in detail.
Hack 1: Try to again connect the HP Printer
In the first hacks, let us have a look at the steps to reconnect the HP printer to your laptop. The steps to follow are given down below:
- From your keyboard, you first have to press and hold the Windows logo key and the Q key at the same time.
- In the search bar, you have to “printer” and then you have to select Printers & Scanners option.
- After clicking on that, you have to power on your HP printer.
- Once the printer starts up, you then have to select the Add a printer or scanner option. Now, wait for the laptop to search for the HP printer that you want to connect. Once the HP printer is shown in the results, you have to select it.
- Now, you have to click on the Add Device button and then your laptop will try to connect to the HP printer.
Now you are good to go. We hope that now you can connect your HP printer with the laptop. If still, you are not able to connect the HP printer, then you can follow the next hack that is given below.
Hack 2: Connect the Undiscoverable HP Printer
In another case, the HP printer may not be discoverable by your laptop. Therefore, if you are in doubt about the process then don’t worry. Here we will clear all your doubts with the hack given below. The steps to connect the undiscoverable HP printer are as follows:
- Again, you have to open the printer section of your laptop like in the previous hack. Therefore, are your effective troubleshooting we will repeat the steps.
- First, you have to press and hold the Windows logo key and the Q key at the same time.
- Again type “printer” in the search bar and then you have to select Printers & Scanners option.
- After that, you have to click on the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- If you are nor able to find your HP printer in the result list, then you have to choose the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option.
- Then a new window will open, where you have to select the “Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer” option.
- Now, in the next step, you have to select the connected printer.
This is how you can connect an undiscoverable HP printer to the laptop. If you are successful in doing this, then you can continue with your printing process. In case you are struggling with the issue, then you can have a look at the next hack given down below.
Hack 3: Try to change the Default Printer Settings
In the next hack, you will get to know the steps to change the default printer settings. In this case, Windows will already set the default printer by selecting the most recently used one on a particular network. This is kept always on by default and if you don’t want it then you can turn it off. Now to know the process, you have to follow the steps that are given down below:
- As same in the last hack, you have to press and hold the Windows logo key and the Q key from your keyboard.
- Again you have to type “printer” in the search bar and then from the results you have to select Printers & Scanners option.
- When a new window opens, you have to turn the toggle of “Let Windows manage my default printer” to the Off position.
- After that, you have to select the printer that you wish to set it as the default printer from the list of options.
- In the next step you have to select the Manage option, and in the end, you have to hit the Set as default button.
Therefore, this is how you can the default printer settings of your system. We hope after performing this hack you are able to connect your HP printer to the laptop. If not, then you can follow the next section of the article for another hack to follow.
Hack 4: You can take the help of the Setup Wizard
If none of the above methods are able to connect your HP printer to the laptop then you can follow the HP printer setup wizard. If your not tech savvy enough to perform this hacks then you can take the help of the steps that are given below:
- In the first step, you have to turn on your HP printer. When the Hp printer completely boots up, you have press the right arrow key to select the Setup option.
- When the Setup menu opens up, you have to select the Network option from the list.
- In the next step, you have to select the Wireless Setup Wizard in the Network menu. After this action, it will search for the wireless connections in its range.
- When you find the Network or the SSID of your connection, select it from the list of networks.
- After selecting it, you have to enter the WEP/WPA Passphrase for establishing the connection. Finally, end the process by clicking the Done option.
- In the new window, you will get a prompt, click on the OK option to confirm the settings. This lead to connection establishment.
- Now in order to finish the process, you have to click on the OK option for printing a wireless report. If you do not want to print a wireless report then you can click on the Skip option.
Now, you will be able to print anything from your HP printer. Therefore, in case if you want more resolving hacks for your HP printer connection then you can follow the next hack given below.
Hack 5: Try to Update the HP Printer Drivers
Another hack to fix your HP printer connection issue is to update the HP printer drivers. Updating the HP printer drivers will help you fix any of the printer issues. Moreover, regular printer driver updates will help the printer to function normally. Therefore, if you don’t know the steps to update the HP printer drivers then you can follow the steps down below:
- Firstly, you have to open the Device Manager. To open the Device Manager you have to press and down the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously from your keyboard.
- A Run command box will open on your screen, where you have to type “devmgmt.msc” in the command box. After that, you have to click on the OK button and this action will open up the Device Manager window.
- Form the list, you have expanded the Print Queues category or the Printer category by clicking on the arrow at the left of the option name.
- Again from the expanded list, you have to right-click on your HP printer name. After that, you have to click on the Update Driver option from the list of options.
- Once the new window opens, you have to select the Search automatically option. If the drivers are up to date then you will receive a message. The message will say “The best driver software for your device is already installed”.
- If the Windows find a new driver update, it will download and install them. After the process is done, you have to restart your system.
When the system restarts, check if the issue of the HP printer connection is resolved or not. Therefore, these were the steps that will help you to update the printer drivers of your HP printer.
Hence, this is how you can resolve the issue of HP printer not connecting to WiFi. These hacks are user-friendly and are easy to execute. Therefore, we hope that you may not face any issue while performing the hacks. In case of any problem with the hacks, then feel free to comment down in the comments section below. If you have any experience or information to share then also you can take the help of the comments section.